Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Junkie XL about his track with Tiesto "Obsession"
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Same about his involvement in Sasha's "Artificial Heart" and "Motorola" on the unreleased dj mixes part 2... informations wanted

edit: never mind PL just mentioned Breezer's up next.

And the biography of "Breezer" from the track below (found on Youtube but played by Sasha in a mix on Kiss 100 end of 2000 and in Boston the following year I think) to the final product.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 13:40  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
How frequently will he put the new ones online? Love his YouTube channel.

You can expect a new one every few weeks. The Breezer episode should be posted by Friday.

Old Post Aug-27-2018 08:29  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

New episode is not posted yet. Any inside info?

Old Post Sep-09-2018 21:41  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
New episode is not posted yet. Any inside info?

They decided to postpone it a bit in order to make room for the announcement of a new movie, though it should go live tomorrow. But if you just gotta see it now check PMs.

Oh and they're apparently digging the Fear Factory idea and are gonna take that one up, though they'd apparently prefer to keep things limited to what's available on Spotify.

Old Post Sep-10-2018 02:59  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Terrence Parker

Nice

Old Post Sep-10-2018 18:25  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Terrence Parker Click here to Send Terrence Parker a Private Message Add Terrence Parker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Really interesting this - love it. More more more.

Old Post Sep-10-2018 19:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Terrence Parker

He is hiring a Tech Assistant

Old Post Sep-13-2018 17:50  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Terrence Parker Click here to Send Terrence Parker a Private Message Add Terrence Parker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

One thing I think these videos lack is more discussion of what the collaborators brought to the table. He talks here about how Sasha helped him finish a track that he was stuck with, but how? I expect it was mainly Sasha going "The next section needs to strip everything down" or "You need a sound a bit like the one in this record I've been playing", but it would be nice to get an insight. Likewise with the Tiesto one.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-13-2018 18:01  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Good point, but perhaps Tom talking while listening to the track prevents him from going a bit deeper into the matter. It would be nice to hear a bit more about the collaborations though indeed - some more in-depth discussion of how they really worked together. I hope he'll continue to discuss tracks from that era. The opening part of his remix of Infusion - Legacy just screams "Airdrawndagger" everytime I hear it.

Old Post Sep-14-2018 10:50  Netherlands
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Was just looking at the video about the Junkie XL remix of Coldplay - Talk.

quite possibly one of my fav remixes of a Coldplay song. an 11min masterpiece that really tells a story

Old Post Sep-14-2018 12:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
One thing I think these videos lack is more discussion of what the collaborators brought to the table.

I was actually thinking about this during the Obsession video. My first reaction was being surprised at how Tiesto had (apparently) brought much more to the process than the old running joke about him and ghost producers would suggest (Tiesto 'shaped' his tracks?!). But then I realized he ultimately didn't say anything in technical terms so I guess it's still a bit unclear. I suppose it's just the same case with ghost producers in any other genre: it's an established and accepted industry practice but just sounds so much worse when you say it out loud.

So the next one up is his Legacy remix, followed by one off his 2003 artist album, just to mix it up a bit.

EDIT: Scratch that, I thought Obsession was just credited solely to Tiesto and ghost produced by Junkie, but it's officially Tiesto & Junkie XL.

Old Post Sep-14-2018 20:39  Palestine
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

My prayers have been answered.

Old Post Sep-14-2018 20:41  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Junkie XL about his track with Tiesto "Obsession"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackclassic needs to be id'ed.. [2003] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDogzilla - "Dogzilla" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread