Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
Ok.. so I ran a bit over 80 mins, but here's my mix for this round. I'd like to do it it again but I'm going to be quite busy over the next few weeks, so I've decided to settle for this mix otherwise I doubt I'd submit at all. I'll warn now, it's not my best mix lol, it kin of wanders around a bit, I found it hard to give a clear direction for the mix with this specific strain of dnb alone, not at all saying it can't be done, I'd just need to be able to devote a lot more time to it, but I hope it's at least a somewhat half decent attempt at mixing this style.
Again I've tried to cover tunes that I feel best represent this genre, from classics to some quite recent tracks.

Teezdalien - Vertigo Soul (Atmospheric Drum n Bass)

1. Sounds Of Life - Release The Bells [Certificate 18]
2. Seba & Lotek - So Long [Looking Good Records]
3. ASC - Oceanography [Subtle Audio]
4. PFM - For All Of Us [Good Looking Records]
5. Future Bound - Blue Mist [Timeless Recordings]
6. Poseidon - Tensions Of The Sea [Looking Good Records]
7. Parallel - The Deeper We Go [Digibeat Music]
8. KMC - Magnetic Clouds [Temple Music]
9. Personelle - Rebound (Nookie Remix) [LME Records]
10. Naibu - AKI [Breakin]
11. Omni Trio - Beyond The Fundamental (Big Bud Remix)[Moving Shadow]
12. Infuzoria & Sad - Walking Together In The Dark Blue Darkness [Mastik]
13. Grimm, Atmospherix, Blue Motion - Lay Back [Future Thinkin Records]
14. Sunchase, Electrosoul System - Alluvion [Camino Blue Recordings]
15. Eveson - Deeper Green [Liquid V]
16. Seba & Paradox - No Words Can Describe It [Secret Operations]
17. Mykra - System Sound [Mykrawaves]
18. Cryo - Girls And Their Demons [Covert Operations Recordings]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48260608/Vertigo%20Soul.mp3
for most part I really enjoyed this. very good set for just relaxing. though the set did feel samey after a while and could use a little more variety in sound IMO

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-02-2012 17:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Is everybody going to finish their mix, or does the deadline need to be extended?

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-03-2012 14:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Given how everyone cried for another round I find it quite pathetic that apparently most people can't keep the deadline.
And given that I considered SYSTEM-J one of the more reliable participants and thought he'd surely be musically open-minded enough to handle Italo (which is not extreme or obscure at all) I'm also rather disappointed by that particular failure.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post May-03-2012 15:25  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

I thought the deadline was tomorrow? I was planning on mixing my entry this evening...

Old Post May-03-2012 15:28  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
for most part I really enjoyed this. very good set for just relaxing. though the set did feel samey after a while and could use a little more variety in sound IMO

Thanks for listening Yohan, appreciate the feedback. Do agree with you on this, the mix would probably have benefited from dropping a few tracks out of that list. I'm also gonna try and put together another drum n bass mix at some stage where I'm not restricted to just the atmospheric style.

Old Post May-03-2012 17:18  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
I thought the deadline was tomorrow? I was planning on mixing my entry this evening...

It says saturday the 4th which doesn't make any sense because the 4th is tommorow

Old Post May-03-2012 18:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Sorry, of course I meant the 5th. It's just that I don't believe all the mixes will show up on the last day.
Is the time too short? Or are some people just slow / lazy?

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post May-03-2012 19:25  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Sorry, of course I meant the 5th. It's just that I don't believe all the mixes will show up on the last day.
Is the time too short? Or are some people just slow / lazy?

I don't think it's too short a time-span, it's just that people want to put their name to an excellent mix which can often take a bit of time, especially if you land an unfamiliar genre.
I dunno, maybe others have legit personal reasons for not submitting in time but seems there's a lot this round, which is disappointing.

Old Post May-04-2012 01:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
I don't think it's too short a time-span, it's just that people want to put their name to an excellent mix which can often take a bit of time, especially if you land an unfamiliar genre.
I dunno, maybe others have legit personal reasons for not submitting in time but seems there's a lot this round, which is disappointing.

I know that Rob had a crazy April, so that can definitely be the case.

Meat, how about extending the timeline another 3-4 weeks? Some people obviously need more time, and it's not like we're really doing anything anyways but just sitting around and listening to each others mixes.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-04-2012 02:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

my mix is coming tomorrow.

Old Post May-04-2012 07:19  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

I've set aside tonite to do mine, nothing like a looming deadline to focus the mind

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post May-04-2012 08:46  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

And here it is....

I really found this a challenge, both from a technical mixing point of view and also programming the records to give a decent flow and progression. I havent really mixed much music that doesnt use a drum machine of some sort, so dealing with the looseness (as compared to a machine) of the live drummers was a real hurdle. I had to totally re-adjust the way I mix, quick cuts instead of long blends and just trying to keep a groove going (this is the first time ever that I have used the crossfader on my mixer!).

Due to other constraints this month I haven't had the time I would normally like to spend putting something together that I would've liked and as a result I dont think I had collected together enough records and its reflected in the length of the mix. There were some other tracks that I really wanted to include (Hit and Run and Ain't No Mountain High Enough were just too damn slow!) but I am pleased with how its turned out. Enjoy!

1 Sister Sledge - Lost In Music (Dimitri From Paris Instrumental Remix) [Atlantic]
2 The Salsoul Orchestra - Ooh I Love It (Love Break) [Craze]
3 NYC Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait [West End]
4 Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face? (Female Version) [West End]
5 Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up [Salsoul]
6 Bohannon - Let's Start The Dance [Spectrum Music]
7 Chic - Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah) [Atlantic]
8 Shirley Lites - Heat You Up [Melt You Down] (Instrumental) [West End]

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post May-04-2012 20:48  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlayed by Sasha, 2000 [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSergeant Pepper - Charge (Rocco remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread