Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by netroM
Nice tunes man, loved all of them, aside from the last one

haha that one's so god damned awful, I can't help but love it!

Thanks for listening guys.

Old Post Aug-03-2011 05:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

I enjoyed that mr teezd, some cool tunes in there.

And i was digging the kazoos

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Aug-03-2011 18:14  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sisterbliss
licking the lollipop

sensa-buuulous!! what an assortment!!

Old Post Aug-04-2011 11:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sisterbliss Click here to Send sisterbliss a Private Message Add sisterbliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey Teez, your set is superb. Thank you so much for sharing your classics with us.... fun stuff!

I can't believe that no tracks have been duplicated yet. It surprises me because I would think a lot of us would have been turned on by or attracted to similar/the same stuff.

Our September TA isn't able to put together his classics. Hopefully, he'll have a chance to do something later.

If someone wants to post a Part II or a bonus set this month, feel free. I'll touch base with Mr. October, now and hopefully we'll be back on track quickly.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Sep-06-2011 22:28  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Echo of Silence
Hey Teez, your set is superb. Thank you so much for sharing your classics with us.... fun stuff!

I can't believe that no tracks have been duplicated yet. It surprises me because I would think a lot of us would have been turned on by or attracted to similar/the same stuff.

Our September TA isn't able to put together his classics. Hopefully, he'll have a chance to do something later.

If someone wants to post a Part II or a bonus set this month, feel free. I'll touch base with Mr. October, now and hopefully we'll be back on track quickly.

I just setup my decks, i figure a classics set must be on vinyl. i will see if tomorrow i can record something halfway decent.

Old Post Sep-07-2011 07:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh yes, yes, thank you Boomers for saving the day (or the month)!

Cuss cuss, my "TAs Share Their Classics" schedule is slowly, surely disintegrating. I think I might need to rearrange a few sets. My golly gosh, this feels too much like "real" life where I'm always rearranging jobs, deadlines, presentations. la la la back to Bs.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Sep-07-2011 22:17  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Disco Boomer - Classics

So when I think classics, I think Vinyl. And when I think favorites, I think of the songs I close my eyes to and sing/dance along while I play them. Which means there is some cheese. This also means that I had to remember how to mix vinyl again. I am a bit out of practice so there are some rough transitions, but whatever.

I thought I would include a picture of the vinyl I was mixing, as I was mixing.

01. Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)(Leama & Moor Remix)
This definitely a beautiful song that I think is the most uplifting song. It just screams happiness. Above & Beyond opened their essential mix in 2006 with this and I have loved it since.

02. Portishead - Roads (Sultan & Tone Depth)
Beautiful breakdown…lyrics…everything. This song makes me jump up and down every time I mix it.

03. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix)
So it was the summer I was moving out to Las Vegas for grad school and I kept hearing this in Armin's set and could never get sick of it. Was it over played, probably, did I get sick of it…nope. Still love it. Just a great jam and the G & D mix is my favorite, very grooving. And you can see by the next 2 songs, I liked the G & D style.

04. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)
Solid bass line, amazing vocals, I can't help but try to sing along. This always challenged me technically with mixing, so I think there was some galloping.

05. Above & Beyond - No One On Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
So the summer after As the rush comes another song captures everyone's attention and is canned by everyone. I still remember the day this came in the mail. I laided on my bed and kept moving my needle to repeat it over and over. I was also bummed that soon after getting this vinyl it developed a skip in the beginning. That is why I mixed out of Andain so quick, because of the skip. Simply a great tune to close your eyes and belt out.

06. Tilt - Twelve (Max Graham Mix)
Ok, so this one has no lyrics, but is just such a solid track. The breakdown is so amazing, i always pump my fist to this one.

07. Santiago Nino - Believe (Max Graham's Sidechain Remix)
So this has always been an amazing track I have loved. But I was at Love Parade in San Fran and Markus Schulz dropped this on the float…blew my mind. Love the solid bass on this, makes me dance every time.

08. Max Graham ft. Jessica Jacobs - I Know You're Gone
Some of Max's best work here. He is definitely one of my favorite producers. The lyrics, the beat. Again, somethign to close your eyes to and belt out…preferable alone for the sake of others

09. U2 - Staring At The Sun (Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix)
I love me some remixes. U2 is just a greta band, the song rocks…great remix. The breakdown is sick, and again, fun to belt out alone.

10. Marco V - Automanual
So this is where I break the style of the previous tracks, the next few songs are just great jams that get me moving. This is probably my favorite track to mix because the intro sounds all normal and kicks into the gritty reving synths…makes me dance around. Plus the vinyl itself is blue!

11. Jaxson Respect - Baby
There are a ton of MJ remixes out there but this one is a jam. I usually play both Dirty and this one since they are both very similar….and very kick ass. Full of energy.

12. Erick Morillo , Harry Romero & Jose Nunez - Dancin (Fuzzy Hair Remix)
I believe this was introduced to me by anuneventrade and the vinyl was a gift from Clovis.

Enjoy.

Old Post Sep-19-2011 06:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

Not really what I expected out of a "classics" mix, but will give it a go

Old Post Sep-19-2011 07:36  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Disco Boomer - Classics

So when I think classics, I think Vinyl. And when I think favorites, I think of the songs I close my eyes to and sing/dance along while I play them. Which means there is some cheese. This also means that I had to remember how to mix vinyl again. I am a bit out of practice so there are some rough transitions, but whatever.

I thought I would include a picture of the vinyl I was mixing, as I was mixing.

01. Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)(Leama & Moor Remix)
This definitely a beautiful song that I think is the most uplifting song. It just screams happiness. Above & Beyond opened their essential mix in 2006 with this and I have loved it since.

02. Portishead - Roads (Sultan & Tone Depth)
Beautiful breakdown…lyrics…everything. This song makes me jump up and down every time I mix it.

03. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix)
So it was the summer I was moving out to Las Vegas for grad school and I kept hearing this in Armin's set and could never get sick of it. Was it over played, probably, did I get sick of it…nope. Still love it. Just a great jam and the G & D mix is my favorite, very grooving. And you can see by the next 2 songs, I liked the G & D style.

04. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)
Solid bass line, amazing vocals, I can't help but try to sing along. This always challenged me technically with mixing, so I think there was some galloping.

05. Above & Beyond - No One On Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
So the summer after As the rush comes another song captures everyone's attention and is canned by everyone. I still remember the day this came in the mail. I laided on my bed and kept moving my needle to repeat it over and over. I was also bummed that soon after getting this vinyl it developed a skip in the beginning. That is why I mixed out of Andain so quick, because of the skip. Simply a great tune to close your eyes and belt out.

06. Tilt - Twelve (Max Graham Mix)
Ok, so this one has no lyrics, but is just such a solid track. The breakdown is so amazing, i always pump my fist to this one.

07. Santiago Nino - Believe (Max Graham's Sidechain Remix)
So this has always been an amazing track I have loved. But I was at Love Parade in San Fran and Markus Schulz dropped this on the float…blew my mind. Love the solid bass on this, makes me dance every time.

08. Max Graham ft. Jessica Jacobs - I Know You're Gone
Some of Max's best work here. He is definitely one of my favorite producers. The lyrics, the beat. Again, somethign to close your eyes to and belt out…preferable alone for the sake of others

09. U2 - Staring At The Sun (Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix)
I love me some remixes. U2 is just a greta band, the song rocks…great remix. The breakdown is sick, and again, fun to belt out alone.

10. Marco V - Automanual
So this is where I break the style of the previous tracks, the next few songs are just great jams that get me moving. This is probably my favorite track to mix because the intro sounds all normal and kicks into the gritty reving synths…makes me dance around. Plus the vinyl itself is blue!

11. Jaxson Respect - Baby
There are a ton of MJ remixes out there but this one is a jam. I usually play both Dirty and this one since they are both very similar….and very kick ass. Full of energy.

12. Erick Morillo , Harry Romero & Jose Nunez - Dancin (Fuzzy Hair Remix)
I believe this was introduced to me by anuneventrade and the vinyl was a gift from Clovis.

Enjoy.

This was fun, pretty much the soundtrack to my 2nd & 3rd years at uni, nicely done

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-20-2011 11:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Grant, great mix buddy. I really had moments with the Dire Straits and Dream Theater tracks. Those were just so epic and badass. Your mixing was pretty damn great considering the tracks you played! I highly enjoyed everything, even the totally kazoo track at the end. Nice job!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-20-2011 18:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Grant, great mix buddy. I really had moments with the Dire Straits and Dream Theater tracks. Those were just so epic and badass. Your mixing was pretty damn great considering the tracks you played! I highly enjoyed everything, even the totally kazoo track at the end. Nice job!

Thanks for listening mate, really appreciate the feedback. I can't say I didn't find it challenging to mix this selection in a coherent fashion like I wanted, I tried to make it an exercise in creativity for myself as well as being a collection of my favourite pieces of music from throughout my life. If you want a good laugh, check out "Some Kazoo's", it's the album I took that track from or "Rhino Bros. presents World's Worst Records", as bad as it is, it's just classic imo.
There's certainly a whole lot more I wanted to include but I guess that can go into a another mix sometime.
I'm gonna grab Boomer's mix sometime as I'm pretty fond of these classics mixes each month, however I'm on a farm living with my Mum at the moment and have really limited wireless broadband that seems to drop out a lot, so I'm not having much luck with downloading stuff but nice to see a classics mix here where the majority is trance.

Old Post Sep-22-2011 02:16  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Really nice work, Boomer. That mix is packed with classics. Lots of really great ones there. When "As the Rush Comes" came on I got some serious goosebumps. I forwarded this to my friends who dig vocal trance, I'll let you know their thoughts.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-22-2011 14:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfred baker ??? [2005] [7]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOrion - "See Me Here" (Skope's Vocal Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread