Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
soula
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by jurel
New user created with only 1 post, and you're negative about district 36?

Yea, you're not trolling.

as big as new york is, our scene isn't all that big. i wanted to give an unbiased opinion, and this is the way i feel comfortable doing it. I think my assessment was fair.

there were some pretty irate and upset people coming off the line when they told everyone to leave; i could've taken that and ranted with it, but it didn't even bother me that much. as has been repeated, a new business will have its learning period. i sympathized with as much, so i just hung out nearby while door situation died down before returning.

yea i thought the vip area/bottle service arrangements were lame, and i could go on about how the sight of a normally very friendly promoter i know, sternly ordering unbraceleted patrons out of the vip area, struck me as quite sad in a way, but i figured it came with the territory of opening shop midtown. no big deal, it simply met my expectations.

mainly i'm disappointed with the sound, which did not shatter my senses the way I hoped it would. course, what you hear isn't just a product of the installation, but of adjustments that the engineer makes once the sound is live - but i figured they had time to work on that already. I hope it gets better but i'm witholding my optimism for now.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 20:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for soula Click here to Send soula a Private Message Add soula to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

i was the opening DJ for Lee and Howells last night, I freaked out when I saw the line and told security to tell everyone to fuck off. I then proceeded to contact my boy Mike...you know the situation, thats when shit really popped off. The sound was off I agree, but Mike kept twisting knobs as the hydraulic dj booth began gyrating like it was having an orgasm, little could be done about the needle skippin. My apologies for any issues you had with Bruno at the door.

Old Post Nov-21-2010 23:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

somebody needs to book you fast

Old Post Nov-22-2010 00:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

dude is not trolling, he's accurate from all accounts i've heard as well.
the guestlists were a nightmare, the girl didn't have anything organized at all and got so flustered she just GAVE UP leaving many people outside...this was a highly unprofessional set-up from the D36 management...Blk Market clearly had little control over many of the basic details that are never a problem with their parties.
there was a douchey guy in a thick grey turtleneck sweater trying to sell bottle service to a bunch of technoheads in line...it was just so off-base and not the right vibe at all.
I'm not gonna bash anything, but for all the hype and bragging going on about how this is going to be a venue ABOUT THE MUSIC, returning proper nightlife to NYC, it was a sloppy mess and felt like the last thing on their mind was the music.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 01:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

Re: a review...

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Flow
man was that a craptacular shitshow
I'm considering renting a calliope and parking it in front of D36 ... it's a perfect accompaniment to the should-be-illegal child circus they run at the door

ahhh kr**** you were a ticketholder and were turned away?
shit ... man am I glad we were just on flawless's guestlist and were denied our comps because the ghastly girl working the list (is this really a job you get flustered over?) only wanted to deal with us if we wanted to buy bottles (really? how 2006! wasn't this supposedly a music-oriented venue?) ... because if I had payed any money at all for the privilege of being pushed around and screamed at by a probably-convict and mostly-empty-headed staff I would be pretty pissed indeed.

So they couldn't open a while ago because WHOOPS forgot to get that darn certificate of occupancy ...
seems like they concentrated on the sound system and then just WHOOPS forgot all the other details ...

gotta agree with you on a few points...the staff was TERRIBLE at the door. security looked confused but still trying to act like hard-asses and enforce rules (dictated from whom? b/c it seemed like too many Chiefs and not enough Indians) and the guestlist girl was a joke! not to mention the female bag check...one girl gets caught with 4 bags of coke, the female security lets her throw them out in the trashcan and go inside....another girl next to her has advil and they throw her out for "suspicious pills"

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 01:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr Flow
tranceaddict

good seeing some of you last night. I actually went back to D36 after Le Poisson, and got in. Was hectic as hell earlier in the night, and cut the line off around 11:30ish....not even letting in ticket holders. That line was absolutely out of control. down 36th street wrapping around 6th ave. I agree w/ Frederick, poor door staff and organization, even with the anticipation it was opening night. First rule of thumb, let ppl w/ tickets in first before letting general admission in. I felt bad for all the ppl that got shafted from buying advance tix.

anyway, as far as the place itself, there is no other space like this in NYC. Very impressed w/ the sound, although to me it did sound a little distorted at times...nothing a lil tweaking can't fix. That dj booth must be a dj's wet dream from looking behind them.

Below is a little clip from last night (sorry phone camera)

Old Post Nov-22-2010 03:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Flow Click here to Send Dr Flow a Private Message Add Dr Flow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amdmaxx
Respekt

lol. great set!

quote:
Originally posted by get nyce
i was the opening DJ for Lee and Howells last night, I freaked out when I saw the line and told security to tell everyone to fuck off. I then proceeded to contact my boy Mike...you know the situation, thats when shit really popped off. The sound was off I agree, but Mike kept twisting knobs as the hydraulic dj booth began gyrating like it was having an orgasm, little could be done about the needle skippin. My apologies for any issues you had with Bruno at the door.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 03:51  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for amdmaxx Click here to Send amdmaxx a Private Message Add amdmaxx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Looked like a good time if you got in. Looking forward to when the hype dies down and the people there are there for the music and not hype. Hopefully people complain to management about the door staff and not just whining on message boards. I wish Taimur could just bring his staff to their parties, their guys are awesome.

The sound even sounds clean in the video, can't wait.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 03:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Looked like a good time if you got in. Looking forward to when the hype dies down and the people there are there for the music and not hype. Hopefully people complain to management about the door staff and not just whining on message boards. I wish Taimur could just bring his staff to their parties, their guys are awesome.

The sound even sounds clean in the video, can't wait.

exactly what i was thinking...i feel bad for the people who went and had to deal with the drama at the door etc etc especially since they were giving people who had tickets a hard time

hopefully after a few weeks they will get everything straight and on the right path and have everyone believe the hype they been talking about

the sound in that video does sound super clear and those stacks look hugeeee dam, place looks pretty good overall

Old Post Nov-22-2010 14:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

Would somebody already share how are the bathroom facilities??? How are the stalls? What kind are the stall accessories?

anyway: pics or SDFU

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Nov-22-2010 16:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by ReenTeenTeen
Would somebody already share how are the bathroom facilities??? How are the stalls? What kind are the stall accessories?

anyway: pics or SDFU

probably the most important question asked about this place so far in this review. Good job jules!

Old Post Nov-22-2010 18:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

wouldn't hold my breath on them getting shit sorted anytime soon...
BLK MARKET on their own still does a million times better job...this was especially obvious at Richie Hawtin last night which easily blew away D36 on all levels.

Old Post Nov-22-2010 20:49  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack # 11 From Markus Schulz - TranceSphere Birthday Bash 02-05-04 [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBells of Avalon - Bells of Avalon [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread