Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Not being an elitist. Glow sticking is fuking dumb especially in a club because you guys have to use your damn strings or what not in a crowded area.

It's not necessary in the clubs. Plain and simple. That's what I absolutely hated about the clubs up here.

+1

And some people aren't like this, but most are obnoxious twats that end up pissing off 10x as many people as they entertain.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Nov-26-2010 01:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

yeah i agree--keep the glowsticks on strings out of the clubs...i hate getting whacked by those. and i don't care how good you are- if a club is crowded please don't do anything that requires the dozen or more people in your general vicinity to take a few steps back

Old Post Nov-26-2010 01:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

Screw glow sticks, it's all about whistles!

Old Post Nov-26-2010 01:34  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr Flow
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by eyebegod
is it a coincidence that a number of clubs have the same layout....or is it because thats what sound engineers say has the best sound?

Food for thought

not really.
most succesful & highly visible nightclubs throughout the world have their own unique style & distinguished appearance. D36 looks like its borowing alot of ideas from other NYC clubs.
ie. that LED logo of the D36 design looks kind of like Cielo's lighting style

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbitch
Why hasn't Dr flow been banned yet? If I wanted to hear whiney retards trying too hard to troll I would go to that shitty rhythism forum.

the threads' title is OPINION of D36.....is it a crime to give mine albeit a harsh one?

perhaps if you werent usch a hall monitor douche as you are on NCC and rhythmism then other posters would have a better opinion of you unlike your sheltered precious TA

Last edited by Dr Flow on Nov-26-2010 at 01:42

Old Post Nov-26-2010 01:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Flow Click here to Send Dr Flow a Private Message Add Dr Flow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by EliPsE
Screw glow sticks, it's all about whistles!

I'm more partial to megaphones.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Nov-26-2010 02:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleepy&boo
Supreme tranceaddict

Tonight:
Get on our list for District 36 Friday - you'll get a free drink ticket
with your entry and there's a separate line for guest list.
rsvp@basicnyc.com

Old Post Nov-26-2010 19:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy&boo Click here to Send sleepy&boo a Private Message Visit sleepy&boo's homepage! Add sleepy&boo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Flow

perhaps if you werent usch a hall monitor douche as you are on NCC and rhythmism then other posters would have a better opinion of you unlike your sheltered precious TA

Old Post Nov-26-2010 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi
America's Degenerate

quote:
Originally posted by SiLveR_NrGy_985
what's with the elitist mentality!? people go to have fun and express themselves (yes as long as no one is hurting or bumping into one another) i don't see what the problem is, if you don't like it, then move away...

I'm pushing 30, and I think the shit is stupid. There, I expressed myself.

Old Post Nov-26-2010 20:25  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by Stassi
I'm pushing 30, and I think the shit is stupid. There, I expressed myself.

why you shattering these young kids dreams lol

Old Post Nov-26-2010 20:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi
America's Degenerate

quote:
Originally posted by get nyce
why you shattering these young kids dreams lol

It's for the best, trust me.
I do it cause I care

Old Post Nov-26-2010 20:32  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

quote:
Originally posted by TrancEdifice
Really bothered by the dresscode issue. For EDM dance parties I always wear sneakers; I don't go with the intention to sit down (unless its packed) and I like to be as comforable as possible. I also don't like dressing up; UFO's and other wideleg pants for me
Sorry, I know sometimes you have to/should compromise in terms of dress, but I feel I have done enough of that. Speaking of the underground parties and scene that has been brought up in the thread, reminds me of why I have largely shied away from the big clubs, even when dresscode has not been a big issue (as it's not been with Pacha, for example; I know I have bashed it as much as many people here have, but I do really like this about it). You know, just not wanting to deal with the hassels of bottle service, and if not that, then some problem with staff (although, of course, this can happen with any type of club or party) or if not the staff then the quality of the crowd or the vibe they create (like the example given earlier about the people who just sit around and don't even know what DJ is playing).
Even less important than the dresscode issue, ultimaely, but not to me I like to have the option of bringing glowsticks. I remember how much fun it was, for instance, bringing glowtsicks to Trance Classics Night a few months ago. Sure I probably would have had a great time without them as with them, but, again, for me, I thought that knowing in advance this was not going to be an issue and being able to use them, added to my experience.
Hmm. I was thinking of checking out Nick Warren and Dave Seaman on the 4th (sans the glowsticks, lol), but , since it might take longer for the things to get better, maybe I will also wait till next year to check it out. Can't wait to hear how things will turn out with Timo Maas, meanwhile...

So...you want to dress like a rebellious 7th grader and fling glow-in-the-dark plastic bolas around in your own impenetrable circle of plur? I can't believe they'd turn that down!

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Nov-27-2010 07:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

People are going to wear what they like so chill out. Who cares if they wear UFOS to parties? Whether they wear that stuff everyday in normal life that is a different story. I don't mind people having fun with lights and glow-sticks as long as they don't take a lot of room and aren't obnoxious about it. I feel it adds to the excitement sometimes. Now a puddle of people in the middle of the dance floor is definitely a fail and pisses me off.

Old Post Nov-27-2010 23:45  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother one for your IDing ears [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMiller & Fijneman – Mono Dura [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread