Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.31-2012.09.02 Electric Zoo 2012
Pages (37): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
with that said, i think this main stream house music will be dominant for at least 5-10 more years. my boss' 12 years old son knows about david guetta and afrojack. says a lot about the scene.

i disagree. i don't think it's going to have any longevity. it's only been 1-2 years since "commercial house" has boomed and it already all sounds the same. literlly, the same. and i enjoy house music and have fun at their shows (as opposed to being a total hater and just disregarding it).

my point being that all the house DJs, from the top to the bottom, play the exact same crap. the songs might be different, but the builds up, the synthesizers, the kick drums, the drops.. are all the same. it's just like a factory now.

i would never put armin in the same category as the cheesy crap - he showed us he's still a fan like us the other night in ASOT/Green Stage when he played a classics set. doesn't make him jesus, but hey, at least he did it.

this new edm scene is getting milked so bad; it's sad.

whether trance, house, tech, whatever.. what makes this special for any real fan is the experience. seeing a DJ you like, with a fun production, with all your friends and dancing and partying all night. that's what makes events special. by commercializing edm and simply pumping out shows/DJs/productions like a factory in order to make more money, you're taking the "feeling" away. now, drugs can fix that temporarily.. but eventually, everyone will grow tired of it. and i think sooner than later.

/end

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

looks like there's a contract that whoever plays EDC NY can't play Zoo. No one from that initial EDC lineup is at Zoo and I think it's very strange Armin wasn't announced, I have the feeling he's at EDC. Maybe CC as well. I think Made got kinda screwed

Friday and Saturday are great.. Sunday is offensive. Boys Noize headlining Sunday School? Get that crap out of my tent. Hoping Phase 2 will pull out some big guns.

On friday I'm going to be running back and forth between Hilltop and Sunday School, good thing they are next to each other.

No mainstage for me this year, glad I get to avoid that honestly.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
i disagree. i don't think it's going to have any longevity. it's only been 1-2 years since "commercial house" has boomed and it already all sounds the same. literlly, the same. and i enjoy house music and have fun at their shows (as opposed to being a total hater and just disregarding it).

my point being that all the house DJs, from the top to the bottom, play the exact same crap. the songs might be different, but the builds up, the synthesizers, the kick drums, the drops.. are all the same. it's just like a factory now.

i would never put armin in the same category as the cheesy crap - he showed us he's still a fan like us the other night in ASOT/Green Stage when he played a classics set. doesn't make him jesus, but hey, at least he did it.

whether trance, house, tech, whatever.. what makes this special for any real fan is the experience. seeing a DJ you like, with a fun production, with all your friends and dancing and partying all night. that's what makes events special. by commercializing edm and simply pumping out shows/DJs/productions like a factory in order to make more money, you're taking the "feeling" away. now, drugs can fix that temporarily.. but eventually, everyone will grow tired of it. and i think sooner than later.

/end

oh yeah.. house will die, just like trance is on life support right now... and, to our dismay, dubstep will take over.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:06  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DisBejS
Senior tranceaddict

i think the next big thing will be DUB TROUSE

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:11  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for DisBejS Click here to Send DisBejS a Private Message Add DisBejS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino

/end
maybe u are right, but its these 16-20 year olds who are fueling it really....when their tastes change, IF THEY CHANGE, then then maybe trance will make a come back

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

Polka needs to make a comeback!

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:31  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
06trex
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
looks like there's a contract that whoever plays EDC NY can't play Zoo. No one from that initial EDC lineup is at Zoo and I think it's very strange Armin wasn't announced, I have the feeling he's at EDC. Maybe CC as well. I think Made got kinda screwed

I really hope this "contract" theory is not true since EDC already have announced guys like Jamie Jones and Digweed. It would be especially disheartening if they also claimed guys like Carl Cox, Loco Dice, etc...

It seems like Made is not preferred promoter for many artists...

Old Post Apr-05-2012 16:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 06trex Click here to Send 06trex a Private Message Add 06trex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 06trex
I really hope this "contract" theory is not true since EDC already have announced guys like Jamie Jones and Digweed. It would be especially disheartening if they also claimed guys like Carl Cox, Loco Dice, etc...

It seems like Made is not preferred promoter for many artists...

Insomniac is larger and has more experience. The CEO posted on Twitter he has a big announcement today, it might have to do with EDC NY.

I initially thought Insomniac was throwing it together last minute but I'm starting to think this was just under wraps for a long time and they were signing up artists quietly before Made. They're not dumb, they know EZoo is the only competition and is already established. The only way to make a splash is to have a different lineup, otherwise no one would go. Why spend the money on both, ya know?

Old Post Apr-05-2012 17:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Im sure there will be overlap between EDC and Ezoo, but they won't announce it on the lineup until after EDC.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 17:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

bahahaha this fucking thread

Old Post Apr-05-2012 17:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

WTF....Robert Dietz already got dropped from the Friday Vagabundos

and not that I care but so did ATB from group therapy.

check the site http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/

Old Post Apr-05-2012 18:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnoonstar Click here to Send djnoonstar a Private Message Add djnoonstar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aNYthing
Abrasive Cockhead @ Large

quote:
Originally posted by djnoonstar
WTF....Robert Dietz already got dropped from the Friday Vagabundos

and not that I care but so did ATB from group therapy.

check the site http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/

wtf does ATB plays these days? RHCP? Rage Against the Machine? Nirvana? All of the above? Mashed up with 9PM till I come (b'coz that one never gets old, am i rite?)

TROUSESTEP is where it's gonna be going forward.

ZOMGGGGG-OH-GGG-OH-GGGAWD-AIIIIIARGHARGHARGH-WOOOOMP-FRAAAAK-AIKAIKAIK

OOOOOOOOOOOO-INANDOUTOFLOOOOOVEEEAAAIIIAAA-FRAKFRAK-WOOOSH-WOBBLEWOBBLEWOBBLE-SPEWT-LAZERS!

YOURLOVEYOURLOVEYOURLOVE-OOOOOOO-FARFARKFARWOOOP-WOOOOBLE-FRUUUMP-GRAAAK-EEWEWEW-LAZERS!

Set to repetitive clap with artificial crowd noise - you know, coz it's so original. Like no one heard of KLF or Scooter before it became popular.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 18:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for aNYthing Click here to Send aNYthing a Private Message Add aNYthing to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.31-2012.09.02 Electric Zoo 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnybody know what this tune is? [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWay Out West - "Ajare" (Way Out West Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread