Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Pages (42): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno
"Corporate Cashfest"

that made me smile

Old Post Apr-03-2012 21:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Phase 1 in two days should let us know whether this is headed the en route to Cheeseville or if we have an actual event on our hands.

Promoter seems to be Electronic Nation (link) which I think is LiveNation's Canada division headed by Ryan Kruger. That gives me hope of something decent.

quote:
Live Nation Entertainment has hired veteran Canadian electronic music producer Ryan Kruger as managing director of a new Electronic Nation Canada division.

Kruger joins Live Nation after running since 1992 Destiny Productions, where he produced over 600 concerts and club dates, mostly in Toronto.

“With Destiny being a pioneer of the electronic music scene in Canada, it is personally rewarding to see the nation’s largest concert promoter fully committed to the world-wide culture and excitement that is coming from electronic music today,” Kruger said Monday in a statement.

The appointment was unveiled by Riley O’Connor, Live Nation Canada

Old Post Apr-03-2012 21:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Since I'm going to be one of the few voices of dissent, might as well get the ball rolling...

Detroit gets Movement, Montreal gets Igloofest and Mutek, and we get "Digital Dreams"? The name alone screams exclusion (when there's so much out there on the electronic front that goes well beyond the confines of laptops and midi controllers), and the music in the promo video, along with the obligatory DJ Jesus pose makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little.

I'll do my best to reserve further comment until the lineup's announced, but my gut's telling me this will further cement my belief that modern-day Toronto is the Canadian cultural equivalent of Wonderbread.

Feel free to express to me multiple times how I should be happy that Toronto's getting something of this calibre and if I don't like it, I should just leave...

Totally agree with you. But each city has it's overall strengths. MTL imo kills us on nightlife and general vibe but fack if you're making half the wages trying to get a career going to start a family then what does that enjoyment mean to you? Calgary kills us on employment, but again what does a great career and pay cheque mean if your life is a snoozefest with no pleasure. I don't even think I need to discuss Detroit lol. All I'm sayin it's about balance, each city having it's pros/cons, and finding the place that is a good match for you.

Old Post Apr-03-2012 21:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

thinkin about coming back up to toronto again for canada day weekend
hopefully the line-up isent full on cheese and the party is good
as well as maybe a boat party

Old Post Apr-03-2012 22:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Since I'm going to be one of the few voices of dissent, might as well get the ball rolling...

Detroit gets Movement, Montreal gets Igloofest and Mutek, and we get "Digital Dreams"? The name alone screams exclusion (when there's so much out there on the electronic front that goes well beyond the confines of laptops and midi controllers), and the music in the promo video, along with the obligatory DJ Jesus pose makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little.

I'll do my best to reserve further comment until the lineup's announced, but my gut's telling me this will further cement my belief that modern-day Toronto is the Canadian cultural equivalent of Wonderbread.

Feel free to express to me multiple times how I should be happy that Toronto's getting something of this calibre and if I don't like it, I should just leave...

Dude, stfu already. Barely any info is out yet, and you've already jumped out of your rocking chair, yelling and waving your cane around frantically.

The only way you'd be happy is if obscure Detroit techno DJs that would draw barely any crowd were playing, at which point you would probably find a reason to complain anyway.

Please just keep to your "private" steak dinner parties in your basement which we are oh, so envious about, and which we all desperately wish we could join.

Even if it is mostly a cheese fest, this is awesome. Why? Because this is a step in the right direction. I've said it many times before: this will open more people's ears to dance music, and make these types of professional, outdoor parties popular.

If this is successful, more will come.

Old Post Apr-03-2012 23:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

ooo a rollercoaster!!

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Apr-03-2012 23:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mindspin1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

modern-day Toronto is the Canadian cultural equivalent of Wonderbread.

You really think that because of an outdoor electronic music event that doesn't refect your taste in music?

Old Post Apr-04-2012 03:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mindspin1 Click here to Send mindspin1 a Private Message Add mindspin1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rabbitjoker
aural sadist

SWEETNESS!

We were at this venue in the summer - it is NOT large by any means, buy tickets pronto when they come on sale.

Dark Dirty Tech Tribal. | Hands in air (trance) and feet on the floor (house).

Old Post Apr-04-2012 03:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for rabbitjoker Click here to Send rabbitjoker a Private Message Visit rabbitjoker's homepage! Add rabbitjoker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PivotTechno
senseless

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller

Dude, stfu already. Barely any info is out yet, and you've already jumped out of your rocking chair, yelling and waving your cane around frantically.

The only way you'd be happy is if obscure Detroit techno DJs that would draw barely any crowd were playing, at which point you would probably find a reason to complain anyway.

Please just keep to your "private" steak dinner parties in your basement which we are oh, so envious about, and which we all desperately wish we could join.

Even if it is mostly a cheese fest, this is awesome. Why? Because this is a step in the right direction. I've said it many times before: this will open more people's ears to dance music, and make these types of professional, outdoor parties popular.

If this is successful, more will come.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Apr-04-2012 03:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PivotTechno
senseless

quote:
Originally posted by mindspin1
modern-day Toronto is the Canadian cultural equivalent of Wonderbread.

You really think that because of an outdoor electronic music event that doesn't refect your taste in music?

No, not really.

But sometimes, yes.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Apr-04-2012 10:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
progbeatz
Supreme tranceaddict

If this Lineup turns out to be some of these names and not a Ball of Cheese...Def guarantee a group of us to Invade that Island from Buffalo! HaHa

Old Post Apr-04-2012 12:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for progbeatz Click here to Send progbeatz a Private Message Visit progbeatz's homepage! Add progbeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

I'm super excited about an outdoor here in Toronto, and may go no matter what the lineup. Even if they have AVB, I'd probably still go.

The chance to party during the day, on the water, in the open air? Fuck yeah.

Old Post Apr-04-2012 15:07  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback"Escape the planet" - Anyone ever heard this one? [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThree Drives - Signs from the universe [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread