Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Even though it's on on JOOF Recordings I thought it was worth highlighting this Coredata album here:

quote:
Anyone who knows me as a musician knows of my deep love for Platipus records. Listening to Art of Trance - Wildlife On One for the first time in my loft was a life-changing moment. I hope when people listen to my music, they understand that I'm absorbing that glorious Platipus sound and creating my own voice through its uniqueness, much like 60s/70s bands did with the blues, and house music did with disco.

https://www.beatport.com/release/wander/2968923

Old Post Jul-01-2020 16:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mainline
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by hoopoe
Even though it's on on JOOF Recordings I thought it was worth highlighting this Coredata album here:

That sounds great, thanks.

Old Post Jul-04-2020 11:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Mainline Click here to Send Mainline a Private Message Add Mainline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by hoopoe

Thanks for sharing, I really like the 'Picori Dreams' track on that release. It has that airy, tribal, summer-y trance feeling, which is hard to find.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Last edited by Syntonic on Aug-18-2020 at 07:09

Old Post Aug-18-2020 06:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Shame there's been nothing new from Brogden in a while, though.

He recently announced he was producing again, in the 125-128 bpm range, so hopefully we'll get some stuff in the near future.

Last edited by Lews on Aug-23-2020 at 12:07

Old Post Aug-21-2020 08:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
He recently announced he was producing again, in the 125-128 bpm range, so hopefully we'll get some stuff in the near future.

Good to hear, I remember reading a Simon Berry interview in this thread where he mentioned Paul was busy picking out acoustic carpeting. His last EP was like 7 years ago.

New single coming out Monday:

Simon Berry - Martian Sunrise

https://www.beatport.com/release/ma...sunrise/3073211

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Aug-21-2020 23:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

At last the new POB is out on Platipus: POB - Darkness / Lightness [PLATMU111].

Old Post Sep-30-2020 10:36  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
At last the new POB is out on Platipus: POB - Darkness / Lightness [PLATMU111].

Been listening for a few weeks now and in my opinion this is probably the best release since "Union Jack - Gibbon/Baboon. Both tracks are gnarly and mental but "Lightness" really put a smile on my face - liked the way pans the two vocals. After listening, I really noticed Paul had a big influence on the "Gibbon" track.

Both Paul and Simon have great attention to detail in their productions. Looking back, I do not like the collabs with Simon & Luke, I think once that stopped his productions got better. I would argue that his productions are the best they've ever been.

He's even been able to adapt his sound to modern BPMs nicely. "Rogue Planet" is in the low 120s and it doesn't feel weird at all. It slowly sucks you in and the sounds start spiraling.

"Pangolin" is another instant favorite, very Vangelis inspired and also borrows from a track Pete Namlook had a part in.

Sequential - Sequential [Fax +49-69/450464]

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Oct-18-2020 06:17  United States
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

beautiful breakdown from 4 and a half minutes on.

Old Post Jun-15-2021 19:32  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease Id It [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackChemical Brothers - "Get Yourself High" (Switch Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread