Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

Last summer I read Justice by Dominick Dunne. In it he basically uses several different scenarios to show how the U.S. Judicial system is unfair. Very interesting and moving read.

Old Post Jun-26-2003 04:32  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Loki
tranceaddict in training

A really good book I've read recently was "The Red Queen - Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature", by Matt Ridley... while I didn't actually agree with everything he said, I still enjoyed it.

Oh, and - love this thread!

Old Post Jun-28-2003 14:57  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Loki Click here to Send Miss Loki a Private Message Add Miss Loki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yan
fauxhawk

I, Robot by Isaac Asimov. An awesome read into the world of robotics (Fiction).

Old Post Jul-08-2003 06:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Yan Click here to Send Yan a Private Message Add Yan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DR86
I <3 GW Basketball

Reading a book called "The Arabs". Teaches you sooo much about the Middle East. Highly recommend it.

It has to start somewhere,
It has to start sometime,
What better place then here?
What better time than now?

--Rage Against the Machine

Old Post Jul-15-2003 20:55  Lebanon
Click Here to See the Profile for DR86 Click here to Send DR86 a Private Message Add DR86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Izzy
Virtue & Vice

just started reading a new book as well, The Future of Freedom.
from what i read so far i think it about differentiating between democracy and liberty, how you can have bad democracies (like those electing arafat) and good monarchies (like that of jordan). i think he's going to argue that unregulated democracy underminess liberty and the rule of law. so far he has my attention, i already recommend it.

Old Post Jul-16-2003 17:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Izzy Click here to Send Izzy a Private Message Add Izzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gladius
Supreme tranceaddict

i'm reading 'Desert Flower' from Waris Dirie. She's a model and UN-ambassador for human rights. She tells about her childhood in the somalian desert, living as nomads with her family.
very remarkable and touching as well as uplifting .
truly a tip if you're in to somthing different...

-Glad

listening to music with your heart... pure energy... you can feel . in the air . on your skin . in your soul

Old Post Jul-17-2003 14:23  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Gladius Click here to Send Gladius a Private Message Add Gladius to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
daffodil
don't worry about it

i wasn't sure where else to post this, but here is a link to a great short story.

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/06/barthelme.htm

Old Post Jul-17-2003 16:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for daffodil Click here to Send daffodil a Private Message Add daffodil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Starfyre687
tranceaddict in training

Let's see... books to recommend...

Pooh and the Philosophers. I can't remember who the author is, but a very good book.

The Republic, by Plato. An essential read for anyone interested in philosophy. The allegory of the cave will blow you away.

Analects, by Confucius.

Meditations, by Descartes. Strange, and somewhat hard to grasp, but good nonetheless.

Old Post Jul-18-2003 00:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Starfyre687 Click here to Send Starfyre687 a Private Message Add Starfyre687 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rizo
rizoholic

http://copvcia.com/

i was able to find "The Truth & Lies of 9-11" video on the net, try and check it out.

Old Post Aug-08-2003 21:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for rizo Click here to Send rizo a Private Message Add rizo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rizo
rizoholic

someone recommend me this book Arnold: An Unauthorized Biography by Wendy Leigh

Old Post Aug-09-2003 16:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for rizo Click here to Send rizo a Private Message Add rizo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Izzy
Virtue & Vice

quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
Goedel, Escher, Bach (fucked up 800 pages monster packed with riddles and theories concerning logic, molecularbiology, arts philosophy and everything else our minds have created over the past ten thousand years looks like this book will be a challenge for my entire life-time )

i'm interested in hearing a little bit of a review, did you like it? do you recommend i get it?

Old Post Aug-11-2003 00:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Izzy Click here to Send Izzy a Private Message Add Izzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

come on! did u really think im gonna finish this monster like it was some science fiction novel? This book is like a huge fight that lasts 800 pages and until now I've not been ready to go to war Seriously I bought it to have it "in case". I did read a few pages (30, 40) to get the idea and decided to wait for the ultimate moment. It might come next week as well as in 16 years.

What I did read and would highly recommend to anyone are all of Murakami's books. Finished three of them and was literally blown away each time. I'd recommend "Wild sheep chase" first, the move on to "wind-up bird chronicle". So addictive, entertainting, mindfucking and fascinating

Old Post Aug-11-2003 16:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUplifiting trance ID please [2019] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJurgen Vries - The Theme [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread