Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > BPM Festival 2016 (January 8-17, 2016)
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TSG
"Trinity"

I can only imagine what I'd look like & feel like after doing meth every day/night just so I can hang and party.

Old Post Oct-30-2015 23:48  Oman
Click Here to See the Profile for TSG Click here to Send TSG a Private Message Add TSG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Is cox confirmed? I'm seriously thinking about going to this. I haven't had a holiday this year and Riviera Maya was incredible when I went last August.

Can anyone comment on how safe it is? I don't do lines and the misses has a bad knee so I just want to be able to walk right in, not stand around outside etc, so will do the extortionate VIP but need to know when Cox and Sasha will be playing.

Are they going to release the dates of sets or is it lucky dip?

Old Post Oct-31-2015 01:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

you'll start to see scheduling around end of Nov, full schedule mid to end of Dec.

The east coast of Mexico, around the Gulf and Caribbean Ocean is still relatively safe, rest of Mexico is iffy. Don't walk around with pockets full of money, just enough for the night and keep your wallet and purse close to you. Don't get too messed up down there.

With that said, they need the dollars and that Yucatan tourist hub is too valuable for them to have get too too corrupted as millions of visitors go to Mexico yearly... google it and it'll give you an idea that the country is safe to most of its visitors

PS, have gut feeling Cox won't be here this time, you use a name like that in phase 1 to sell tickets. Don't worry, there's so much dj talent to both see and discover, you'll still get blown away

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Last edited by Spin Laden on Oct-31-2015 at 21:21

Old Post Oct-31-2015 01:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Is cox confirmed? I'm seriously thinking about going to this. I haven't had a holiday this year and Riviera Maya was incredible when I went last August.

Can anyone comment on how safe it is? I don't do lines and the misses has a bad knee so I just want to be able to walk right in, not stand around outside etc, so will do the extortionate VIP but need to know when Cox and Sasha will be playing.

Are they going to release the dates of sets or is it lucky dip?

As far as safeness. It is super safe. Very touristy area. Plenty of local and Federal policia everywhere. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. You won't get killed, robbed or pick pocketed if that is what you are worried about.

The right of amount of $ will get you our of any legal troubles that might arise if you are the one that wants to break a couple laws.

As for lines, no real lines. I'm sure its even faster if you get a wristband. I don't recall ever waiting in line. But I'm pretty sure we would go early so we didn't have to deal with a possible line or capacity issues.

Old Post Nov-02-2015 05:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
As far as safeness. It is super safe. Very touristy area. Plenty of local and Federal policia everywhere. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. You won't get killed, robbed or pick pocketed if that is what you are worried about.

The right of amount of $ will get you our of any legal troubles that might arise if you are the one that wants to break a couple laws.

As for lines, no real lines. I'm sure its even faster if you get a wristband. I don't recall ever waiting in line. But I'm pretty sure we would go early so we didn't have to deal with a possible line or capacity issues.

Mikey BPM has grown so much that some venues hit occupancy this past Jan for some parties like Solomun's daytime party and Tuskeegee at Blue Parrot - even bracelets don't give no wait entry if the parties are full.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Nov-02-2015 06:22  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

There's still a fair amount of pick pocketing going on during bpm so def keep your valuables close to you or locked up in your condo/hotel.

As for capacity issues Carl Cox at Blue parrot also sold out opening wknd but if you have wristband they'll let you in but you may have to wait a bit if they are at or near capacity.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:

Last edited by Spin Laden on Nov-02-2015 at 20:45

Old Post Nov-02-2015 16:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
Mikey BPM has grown so much that some venues hit occupancy this past Jan for some parties like Solomun's daytime party and Tuskeegee at Blue Parrot - even bracelets don't give no wait entry if the parties are full.

This goes back to the show up early policy though, I was at Solomun +1 towards the end of Magdalenas set and there were not many people there for at least the first half of Ames set. So if you play it smart capacity wont be an issue. If you're trying to time it to get to party right when the headliner is coming on, thats where you'll run into an issue i would think.

Old Post Nov-03-2015 20:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks Spin and Mikey.

I was in Riviera Maya last August but me and the missus stayed plush resort so were pretty insulated. Playa Del carmen Town seemed totally safe, as did Tulum (in fact i got sick of bumping in to NYC and LA peeps in Tulum lol). The only sketchy moment was that once we got in a taxi back from Playa Del Carmen and the driver took a really weird route, deep in to jungle - had no fucking idea where we were. I began to wonder if I was going to wake up three days later with a few missing organs lol.

I just wasn't sure if BPM was going to turn in to a nice pickpocket trap or if there's any danger of the Bangkok special (drug and mug).

Cox does NOT have it on his tour dates sadly (but having said that he sometimes doesn't list certain gigs like his afterhours stuff at EDC or detour gigs etc).

Old Post Nov-03-2015 22:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

Cox does NOT have it on his tour dates sadly (but having said that he sometimes doesn't list certain gigs like his afterhours stuff at EDC or detour gigs etc).

I would be stunned if Cox(or Loco Dice) wasn't there, he's in the trailer for fucks sake. Plus nothing on his calendar for that week

Old Post Nov-04-2015 07:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I went in 2009 and 2015. Don't think I'll be going again in January but it is a great time and the peeps running it know what they're doing.

Agree on the individual tix...wristband only worth it if you plan to party like a rockstar and/or pop in/pop out to a ton of different parties.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Nov-05-2015 18:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

I never noticed, but a lot of the same parties are the same day each year. Obviously it's not guaranteed, but there is a decent amount that do repeat on the same days to make it a fair chance at guessing specific days if you're not trying to do the whole 10 days.

Old Post Nov-06-2015 03:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

That's actually a good tip and that's how I was able to predict when phase 1 was coming out and who was going to be added this bpm compared to last.

The showcases almost mirror the previous bpm, indeed

quote:

Old Post Nov-06-2015 21:59  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > BPM Festival 2016 (January 8-17, 2016)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease, help id this sample [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBlackwatch & Greed - Gentle Rain feat. Lesley (Radio Mix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread