Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
I'm still torn. I don't know what to do. I kind of want the Torch, but don't really want to get it when it first comes out until they work out the bugs. Even a version 2. But I can't wait that long.

Ive had this conversation with you many times... in person.

Get the Torch now if you have a contract coming up, or you need to get one... wait a bit if you can stick with your current phone. The SW is a bit slow on the Torch, but just wait, it's being tweaked and repaired and everything that people "dislike" or have "issues" with the Torch and OS 6.0, will be corrected...

Plus, wait till you get the BlackBerry Playbook to go with it!

Old Post Sep-28-2010 02:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
lol. looking back on my phone i have texts from like 2 people. you are one of them!

blackberry also does all chatting applications. i am too connected.

lol

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
no matter which BB you get there will always be software updates that are easy to install.

I have the original storm running the latest software and it's pretty damn sweet...when I got it, the software installed was outdated...

Roger's doesn't always let you update software. I know from experience. People get stuck buying a new phone b/c they won't let you update software and a glitch in the old software fucks everything up.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Ive had this conversation with you many times... in person.

Get the Torch now if you have a contract coming up, or you need to get one... wait a bit if you can stick with your current phone. The SW is a bit slow on the Torch, but just wait, it's being tweaked and repaired and everything that people "dislike" or have "issues" with the Torch and OS 6.0, will be corrected...

Plus, wait till you get the BlackBerry Playbook to go with it!

You always have these conversations with me while I'm not in the best of states! lol

But ya, that's what I was intending to do. Buying one in the spring before I move back to Toronto, but I've had so many probs with my phone that I can't wait that long. So I bumped that up to December - which I still don't feel is enough time for them to work things out. However, with the current problems I'm not having on my phone (i.e. none of the contacts showing up in the texts) I am coming closer and closer to needing a new phone NOW.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 02:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Roger's doesn't always let you update software. I know from experience. People get stuck buying a new phone b/c they won't let you update software and a glitch in the old software fucks everything up.

not a single Rogers BB user I know has had issues upgrading their BB OS. I know what you're talking about with your nokia issue...but def wont be the case with BB

Old Post Sep-28-2010 02:47  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

You know where I work right, and how to get a hold of me? And that you see me pretty much each weekend?

quote:
You always have these conversations with me while I'm not in the best of states! lol

But ya, that's what I was intending to do. Buying one in the spring before I move back to Toronto, but I've had so many probs with my phone that I can't wait that long. So I bumped that up to December - which I still don't feel is enough time for them to work things out. However, with the current problems I'm not having on my phone (i.e. none of the contacts showing up in the texts) I am coming closer and closer to needing a new phone NOW.

Now is the best time to buy, especially with the current 3G problems, and that the Torch is on it's way... I'd call up to complain about everything at once with Retentions and get what you want... I'll give you pointers and tips later... the software is fine for now, it will only get better... just get it...trust me!

Old Post Sep-28-2010 02:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
You know where I work right, and how to get a hold of me? And that you see me pretty much each weekend?

Are you able to upgrade software etc. even if Rogers wouldn't let you?

quote:
Now is the best time to buy, especially with the current 3G problems, and that the Torch is on it's way... I'd call up to complain about everything at once with Retentions and get what you want... I'll give you pointers and tips later... the software is fine for now, it will only get better... just get it...trust me!

I'm going to stick it out as long as I can with this phone. At least until December. Was gonna do one last Master Reset (I've had to do it so many times), but if it fucks up again before December, just get a new phone. I was definitely going to go through Retentions though and do some research on the phone forums to find out what the best deal is and exactly what to ask for (I got caught lying one time, b/c I said 'my friend got 300 long distance minutes' or something, and they knew it wasn't true, b/c it only came in installments of 200 or something like that.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 03:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Are you able to upgrade software etc. even if Rogers wouldn't let you?

Yes, I know how to... it's not hard!

quote:
I'm going to stick it out as long as I can with this phone. At least until December. Was gonna do one last Master Reset (I've had to do it so many times), but if it fucks up again before December, just get a new phone. I was definitely going to go through Retentions though and do some research on the phone forums to find out what the best deal is and exactly what to ask for (I got caught lying one time, b/c I said 'my friend got 300 long distance minutes' or something, and they knew it wasn't true, b/c it only came in installments of 200 or something like that.

Don't lie... just let them do what you expect them to do and what thier job is...

Let them know you're unhappy
Let them know why you're unhappy
Let them offer you something to make you happy again
Let them know that offer is appreciated but not enough to make you happy
They will ask you what will make you happy
Make a joke that a free phone and 0$ monthly bill would make you happy
You will both fake laugh and the ball is back in their court...
They will make another offer
You can at this point take it leave it and return to step 4 again, or you can make changes to their most recent offer and tweak till you get what you want.

Just make sure you are educated on what deals they are currently offering, and don't get greedy, and don't be afraid to say you will leave... they NEED to retain your business. They will work with you.

AND MOST OF ALL, be nice, being mean to them will get you no where, just be firm, but polite and friendly.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 03:35  Canada
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Yes, I know how to... it's not hard!

Don't lie... just let them do what you expect them to do and what thier job is...

Let them know you're unhappy
Let them know why you're unhappy
Let them offer you something to make you happy again
Let them know that offer is appreciated but not enough to make you happy
They will ask you what will make you happy
Make a joke that a free phone and 0$ monthly bill would make you happy
You will both fake laugh and the ball is back in their court...
They will make another offer
You can at this point take it leave it and return to step 4 again, or you can make changes to their most recent offer and tweak till you get what you want.

Just make sure you are educated on what deals they are currently offering, and don't get greedy, and don't be afraid to say you will leave... they NEED to retain your business. They will work with you.

AND MOST OF ALL, be nice, being mean to them will get you no where, just be firm, but polite and friendly.

lol, you don't need to coach me. I've been with Rogers for over 10 years and have dealt with their customer service department on a number of occasions. I've gotten my last 2 phones through retentions.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 12:57  Canada
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
I don't know though. lol why wouldn't I just text ppl?

This right here is why I think leaving BB was relatively painless for me (well, that and my Google love).

Even though I had many ppl on BBM, i still would text them 50% of the time instead of using BBM.

I never got as "hooked" on BBM as most crackberry addict were... Text messaging ppl was still great as far as i was concerned.

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
not a single Rogers BB user I know has had issues upgrading their BB OS. I know what you're talking about with your nokia issue...but def wont be the case with BB

^^ Very true Lisa. You can search out and DL your own updates for your phone right off RIM site itself. You dont need to rely on on Rogers to push down an update for your phone.

I updated my old one twice I think, both times im pretty positive i got the current software update off rim's update section.

With a BB, you wont have ot worry abt not having the latest OS releases, RIM is great w/ getting those out, just like Apple.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 13:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

^^yep...just delete vendor.xml file

Old Post Sep-28-2010 13:50  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
[b]Originally posted by Jem_hadar [/
^^ Very true Lisa. You can search out and DL your own updates for your phone right off RIM site itself. You dont need to rely on on Rogers to push down an update for your phone.

I updated my old one twice I think, both times im pretty positive i got the current software update off rim's update section.

With a BB, you wont have ot worry abt not having the latest OS releases, RIM is great w/ getting those out, just like Apple.

I tried doing that with my current phone (Nokia). I tried to get the update from Nokia, but Rogers wouldn't allow me to update it. So I'm running software that's like 3 versions old.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 13:52  Canada
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
I tried doing that with my current phone (Nokia). I tried to get the update from Nokia, but Rogers wouldn't allow me to update it. So I'm running software that's like 3 versions old.

Oh, no doubt with your Nokia... Just saying with a BlackBerry you shouldnt to have worry yourself abt that is all.

I had no problems (though I was with a different carrier). And sounds like Liam has had no issues. I know Jenners (migikb) has updated her BB OS at least once. And im sure Drew (Endgame) would have updated his many times over last 5 years too, i can ask him if he's encountered any probs with updating from RIM site next time I see him, since I know he's with Rogers.

Old Post Sep-28-2010 14:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

My main issue with the Torch:

quote:
This may come as a shock to some users, but you can expect your favorite apps to not work with the Torch out of the box. RIM's new OS doesn't seem to permit much in the way of backwards compatibility, so we found ourselves high and dry for a few must-have applications (in particular, the entire suite of Google apps... and their web counterparts don't recognize the browser properly, either). We had quite a few issues with apps not working (or not working properly) on the new platform, and even though RIM has improved the App World experience, there's no differentiation in the store to tell you if what you're about to buy will function with the device. This may just be a review-period-only situation, but it was frustrating to be unable to run a lot of software we actually wanted to use on the phone.

Source: Engadget Torch Review

Old Post Sep-28-2010 15:44  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhat Electro Track ID Needed! [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Mo & Marc De Clarq - Confused State Of Mind [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread