Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Z
anyone know of a good GPS tracking app?

i'm looking for one that has a good remote control menu, like enable/disable/request location, etc.

i hear accutracking is good? dunno.

Old Post Dec-16-2009 21:41  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brades
Junior tranceaddict

eGPS maybe? That's what i use

Old Post Dec-16-2009 21:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brades Click here to Send Brades a Private Message Add Brades to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

how many of you have the memory cleaner enabled?

Old Post Dec-16-2009 22:13  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

Old Post Dec-17-2009 00:39  United Arab Emirates
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
I'm not sure if Rogers will still do this but you used to be able to pay a dollar extra per hour to start evening calling earlier...maybe something to try...

$1 per hour? so $3 extra to have it start at 6pm?
no.
my plan originally has free evenings start at 8 or 9pm. for me to have my evenings start at 6pm i pay an extra $10... and an additional $10 (or $15) for unlimited incoming minutes.

Old Post Dec-17-2009 00:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

what's with the outage today?

is it rogers/fido or is it blackberry. i never understand when this happens.

Old Post Dec-17-2009 17:02  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

its Blackberry....

CrackBerry is reporting BIS outages all over America and selectively in Canada...

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Dec-17-2009 17:16  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

I haven't experienced any outages all this time... what happens exactly? Messages not sent?

Old Post Dec-23-2009 15:31  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Z
I haven't experienced any outages all this time... what happens exactly? Messages not sent?

emails and alerts not pushed. you def had an outage last night but just didnt know it since it was worldwide.

Old Post Dec-23-2009 15:33  United Arab Emirates
LKD
Omni-peasant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...blackberry.html

quote:

The Worst Ideas of the Decade

The BlackBerry

by John Freeman

Once upon a time, elevator rides were silent. The bathroom was for, well, using the bathroom. Dinnertime was about sharing a meal with friends or family, and mornings were about waking up. Most radically, home was simply home. Work may have been on our minds, but it wasn't in our hands (or pockets).

But now, thanks to the BlackBerry (and the iPhone, and the Treo, and all the other hand-held e-mail devices), we are always connected.

The modern BlackBerry, which dates to 2002 (a two-way pager by the same name came to market in 1999), has evolved into something sleek and handy and almost discreet. Using it is like taking an electronic cigarette break. The problem is, we're all e-mail chain-smokers now. Anytime a moment opens up, we fill it with e-mail.

The BlackBerry starts by infiltrating your morning. Then e-mailing replaces reading on your commute. Next you have it under the table at meetings; surely no one notices your thumbs clicking. Finally, it winds up at your bedside.

Enabled by an umbilical attachment to the hand-held, the average office worker sent and received 100 e-mails a day in 2009 - almost as many telegrams as a high-output operator sent in Western Union's heyday.

But those operators simply passed messages along. We're supposed to think and respond and sort as well. How are we doing? Not very well, considering how many of us spend our mornings and nights and weekends replying to e-mails in an effort to get to the bottom of our inbox.

The problem is, the more e-mails we send, the more we receive. So the empty inbox is a phantom, an impossibility - and the attempt to achieve it the ultimate Sisyphean task.

Barring a full-fledged revolt, our electronic fidget is here to stay. It almost makes one nostalgic for a long, awkward elevator ride.

John Freeman is the editor of Granta magazine and the author of "The Tyranny of E-Mail: The Four-Thousand-Year Journey to Your Inbox."

Old Post Dec-23-2009 17:40  United Arab Emirates
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
It almost makes one nostalgic for a long, awkward elevator ride.

unless you live in an appt building

Old Post Dec-23-2009 19:05  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I dunno if Rogers is in the giving spirt, but they were today! If you want to get a plan or change something, i'd suggest now!

I just did some modifications to my personal cellphone plan (My BlackBerry is with work, not my contract or device).

Contract expired so I made some adjustments.

Family plan, shared data BlackBerry plan.

DEVICES : 3 devices, 2 X 9700, 1 X 8520
$199 for the 9700 each, plus activation of $35.
Convinced her to wave activation with 3 seperate $15 credits over 3 months for each device. Also convinced her to give me $10 credit per phone for one entire year, 12 months... ($120) for each device to offset the cost of the 9700. So end of the day, $80 bucks each...

$50 for the 8520
Same deal as above, waved activation with the 3 $15 credits for 3 months, and an ADDITIONAL $10 per month for the 3 months to offset the cost of the 8520 and ends up being $20.

THE PLAN
[i]300 mins shared on 3 devices. Got early evenings and weekends (cost waived for entire contract as a credit), $12 voicemail/call display on each device ($6 waived for each phone for entirety of contract), unlimited txt and mms and all kinds of random messaging jazz...

After the first year, and once everything is said and done, with the credits, it's $190 taxes/fees in...

And once I get them in he mail, i'm gonna wait a few days, call back and pretend to be "not happy" with my decison or deal. And try to score some free accesories for the BBs (skins, condoms, bluetooth headsets, anything really...)

Not to bad!

Old Post Dec-24-2009 03:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStar Wars...but what version [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKing Unique - Sugarhigh (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread