Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Best sets during WMC
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Gryphon

Best sets during WMC

Let's get a nice little review of sets thread! Maybe post your top 3 sets of the week.

1. Jamie Jones b2b Jackmaster at Paradise - That was absolutely bonkers. Those two together are completely insane. Paradise once again didn't disappoint. Great crowd music and vibe. Cops tried to get Jamie to stop for 30 mins and he wouldn't, so they cut the power in the venue.

2. Siopis on Ship of Fools - WOW WOW WOW! I've heard of Siopis but never really dug much into his much to give it a fair chance. I have completely changed my mind on that and he has quickly become one of my favorites.

3. Matt Tolfrey at Picnic for Misfits - I have never ever seen Matt play that hard, EVER! Dude just absolutely slaughtered it. Tune after tune on Monday.

I didn't witness live but Apollonia and The Martinez Brothers absolutely destroyed Ultra. Was pretty gutted yesterday and watched a bunch of the sets live on Be@TV. I really hope some mainstage kids stumbled over to the stage and opened up their ears. Place slammed all day.

Old Post Mar-30-2015 19:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Best sets during WMC

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Let's get a nice little review of sets thread! Maybe post your top 3 sets of the week.

1. Jamie Jones b2b Jackmaster at Paradise - That was absolutely bonkers. Those two together are completely insane. Paradise once again didn't disappoint. Great crowd music and vibe. Cops tried to get Jamie to stop for 30 mins and he wouldn't, so they cut the power in the venue.

2. Siopis on Ship of Fools - WOW WOW WOW! I've heard of Siopis but never really dug much into his much to give it a fair chance. I have completely changed my mind on that and he has quickly become one of my favorites.

3. Matt Tolfrey at Picnic for Misfits - I have never ever seen Matt play that hard, EVER! Dude just absolutely slaughtered it. Tune after tune on Monday.

I didn't witness live but Apollonia and The Martinez Brothers absolutely destroyed Ultra. Was pretty gutted yesterday and watched a bunch of the sets live on Be@TV. I really hope some mainstage kids stumbled over to the stage and opened up their ears. Place slammed all day.

I only made it to crew love and get lost but

1. Bob moses @ get lost. Amazing set, 3/4 new unreleased tracks, the rest were classics that everybody was singing along to

2. Siopos @ get lost. I love a cpl of his tracks from 2/3 years ago but this guy blew me away. Perfect mix of hard hitting tech along with some very melodic sounds

3. Soul clap @ get lost. The patio finally opened a bit after 10 and these guys played an amazing down tempo morning set. So melodic and perfect for the over cast windy morning.

Old Post Mar-30-2015 21:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

Just got back to Tampa... spent isn't the word

Did the following parties...

Thurs- Three and Lazarus @ Electric Pickle; then snuck into Paradise at Mana to catch some of Jamie - Laz playing before Three made absolute zero sense except for the fact it was a Hallucination party. Lazy played a nice decent warmup set but who wants to see that from him? After that, Three laid an absolute egg. Kind of a continuation of the way he's been playing lately from what's being said. Was disappointed.

Fri- Crew Love @ Cafeina which was a decent little kickstart to the evening. Rain and sound issues kept bouncing the party back inside but Tanner Ross did throw down a decent funk set. While there I saw set times for Circoloco announced and ran over to catch the set of the weekend for me.

Tale of Us absolutely leveled the place. Never heard them play so heavy in my life but god damn did they destroy. Those guys are next level with just a select few in opinion, and our crew saw a lot of talented DJs this weekend.

Sat- Get Lost all day/night. Great party, great venue, what more can you say about a Get Lost party. Best sets were Fur Coat, Ida and Siopsis. Much better spot than Ice Palace was. Only downer was the bathroom situation.

Sunday was epic. Life and Death boat party went off. James Murphy laid down a pretty nice daytime vibe before Tennis got on and threw down. I think he could sense the boat was ready for some techno after the 2 hour build by Murphy. After Tennis, Tale of Us did it again with a massive, hypnotic 2 hours on the dark water. Plenty of room to move around on the boat as only 300 tickets were sold which I applaud the promoters for.

Sunday night was the best party of the week. 5 hours in a row of Mano, Dixon and Maceo. All three were totally on their game, dropping bombs and hypnotizing the crowd.

Best Set- Tale of Us - Circoloco @ Mana Wynwood
Best Party- Last Resort @ Mana
Best Venue/ Sound- Mana

Old Post Mar-30-2015 23:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
Just got back to Tampa... spent isn't the word

Did the following parties...

Thurs- Three and Lazarus @ Electric Pickle; then snuck into Paradise at Mana to catch some of Jamie - Laz playing before Three made absolute zero sense except for the fact it was a Hallucination party. Lazy played a nice decent warmup set but who wants to see that from him? After that, Three laid an absolute egg. Kind of a continuation of the way he's been playing lately from what's being said. Was disappointed.

Fri- Crew Love @ Cafeina which was a decent little kickstart to the evening. Rain and sound issues kept bouncing the party back inside but Tanner Ross did throw down a decent funk set. While there I saw set times for Circoloco announced and ran over to catch the set of the weekend for me.

Tale of Us absolutely leveled the place. Never heard them play so heavy in my life but god damn did they destroy. Those guys are next level with just a select few in opinion, and our crew saw a lot of talented DJs this weekend.

Sat- Get Lost all day/night. Great party, great venue, what more can you say about a Get Lost party. Best sets were Fur Coat, Ida and Siopsis. Much better spot than Ice Palace was. Only downer was the bathroom situation.

Sunday was epic. Life and Death boat party went off. James Murphy laid down a pretty nice daytime vibe before Tennis got on and threw down. I think he could sense the boat was ready for some techno after the 2 hour build by Murphy. After Tennis, Tale of Us did it again with a massive, hypnotic 2 hours on the dark water. Plenty of room to move around on the boat as only 300 tickets were sold which I applaud the promoters for.

Sunday night was the best party of the week. 5 hours in a row of Mano, Dixon and Maceo. All three were totally on their game, dropping bombs and hypnotizing the crowd.

Best Set- Tale of Us - Circoloco @ Mana Wynwood
Best Party- Last Resort @ Mana
Best Venue/ Sound- Mana
me and my wife met a cpl people at get lost that we recognized from Crew love. I wouldn't be suprised if we met and didn't know it

Old Post Mar-30-2015 23:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
Uptight Biatch,..

Krewella!

I'm playing, their cdjs and mixer had no cables on either end lol

Old Post Mar-31-2015 00:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Innocence Lost
Krewella!

I'm playing, their cdjs and mixer had no cables on either end lol

I saw that new times article. That's pretty insane but it is obvious they weren't plugged in.

As sets go, I went to Anjunadeep at Cafeina. Lane 8 and Jody Wisternoff were incredible. I was front row Center for Jody. Was like a private party bc the Dj booth is level with the crowd. All I needed was a lighter to replicate the Sasha pic.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Mar-31-2015 01:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
Uptight Biatch,..

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
I saw that new times article. That's pretty insane but it is obvious they weren't plugged in.

As sets go, I went to Anjunadeep at Cafeina. Lane 8 and Jody Wisternoff were incredible. I was front row Center for Jody. Was like a private party bc the Dj booth is level with the crowd. All I needed was a lighter to replicate the Sasha pic.

LOL Thats awsome.

Old Post Mar-31-2015 01:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Digweed at Treehouse. Holy shit.

Best set that I've heard, maybe, ever. Only one that I can think that can really come close is Adam Beyer's 2013 Awakenings set at the Gashouder. It's not often I get goosebumps but I did at those shows.

Everyoen I was with pretty much agrees with that sentiment too. Place was rammed but I was able to snag a comfy little spot next to the DJ booth and just watch the master at work.

Tuskeegee (Martinez Bros b2b Troxler) absolutely tore Space a new one.

Sian at Space for El Row was bonkers. Paco was good but I've heard better from him.

Lane 8 from Anjunadeep....wow. Dude has real talent. This guy is someone that all you Innervisions nerds need to follow, lol. His track selection, mixing, and feel for the crowd was just phenomenal. And Cafeina Wynwood is a superb venue. Saw some reviews about it from years past saying it was wack..what??? I'd go there to see a show anytime. What a vibe.

Old Post Mar-31-2015 01:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Digweed at Treehouse. Holy shit.

Best set that I've heard, maybe, ever. Only one that I can think that can really come close is Adam Beyer's 2013 Awakenings set at the Gashouder. It's not often I get goosebumps but I did at those shows.

Everyoen I was with pretty much agrees with that sentiment too. Place was rammed but I was able to snag a comfy little spot next to the DJ booth and just watch the master at work.

Tuskeegee (Martinez Bros b2b Troxler) absolutely tore Space a new one.

Sian at Space for El Row was bonkers. Paco was good but I've heard better from him.

Lane 8 from Anjunadeep....wow. Dude has real talent. This guy is someone that all you Innervisions nerds need to follow, lol. His track selection, mixing, and feel for the crowd was just phenomenal. And Cafeina Wynwood is a superb venue. Saw some reviews about it from years past saying it was wack..what??? I'd go there to see a show anytime. What a vibe.

Agreed re Cafeina. I hadn't been there in a few years. Outdoor area was great even with the amount of people.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Mar-31-2015 02:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman

They are connected by HID USB into the 900 and connected to the laptop which you can clearly see the laptop on the left with cable running into it. No need for RCA's, probably have Traktor synced and just hitting faders.

Old Post Mar-31-2015 14:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I don't agree about Mano or Maceo re: Last Resort at all. Maceo Plex played many of the same tunes he played at Trade, even so far as opening with the same track. I was severely disappointed by Mano both times as well, so much cool guy posturing for someone who wasn't really bringing it, just plodding generic crap imo. I always enjoy his mixed sets, hence the disappointment. The whole Last Resort party was quite underwhelming, in fact. Dixon and Thugfucker were the best of the day, along with MJC and Ben UFO. Sucks that we had to sit through so many bad sets to get the handful of really great ones.

I was also really looking forward to Jackmaster, but it wasn't until the last 20 minutes that he finally started playing something unique and groovy. Too much talking to the douchewads in the booth and chugging beers and shit. Just do your damn job man, people pay good money for this shit and I think the whole booth party distraction is super unprofessional.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Mar-31-2015 at 19:21

Old Post Mar-31-2015 14:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Oh yeah, and Digweed destroyed Treehouse. Awesome venue, so well ventilated!

Also loving all the acid we heard throughout the week. Everyone was playing a few.

Old Post Mar-31-2015 14:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Best sets during WMC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 2 from DJ Cross live @ club eau 2000 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBox Blaze & Deetron - Pocket Rocker [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread