Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
Royksopp- Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Remix). I swear, everyone's been ending off their sets with Sordid Affair, but it's pretty hard not to since it's so good as a closing track

that's a big tune

I think I may hit up Patrick topping next week considering trc bought all of the MK tixs and all of the maceo plex tix at stereo

Old Post Mar-06-2015 21:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
that's a big tune

I think I may hit up Patrick topping next week considering trc bought all of the MK tixs and all of the maceo plex tix at stereo

What do you mean by TRC buying up all the tickets for these events? Are you talking about the website or the community itself?

Is Patrick Topping really all that?? The guy had one severely overrated tune last year (Forgot) and is now playing all over the place. I just feel he's hyped up more than he should be just because he's affiliated with Hot Creations.

As much as I dislike Coda, they're suddenly bringing in a whole slew of talent. Maya Jane Coles, Ben Klock, Appolonia etc. MK is definitely one guy I wanna check out but I hope to catch him and these other acts in Ibiza.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Mar-07-2015 02:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I've already bought tickets for ben klock and MJC. coda isn't a bad venue. its not amazing though. not to mention Len faki @ ryze the day after MJC.

Old Post Mar-07-2015 02:49  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

I love MJC's productions but haven't heard one good DJ set by her yet, including some recorded sets online and her performance at EI last year which had most people leaving early, including myself. Didn't help that Seth Troxler no showed either I suppose but it just felt like she was playing too many random tracks with no set 'journey'. Still would like to give her another chance though.

I'm not gonna get into it too much as I've said enough about it before but Coda's BS door policy with ticket holders is annoying, plus they don't allow anyone blazing unless things have changed now. The LED lighting is cool though and the sound is the best in the city as you get a full stereo image with the music, which is something I've yet to experience in other venues. I guess it helps that some of the speakers are situated high above the audience, so there's no obstruction of the sound by peeps.

Old Post Mar-07-2015 03:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

the venue itself, not saying anything about staff or what not. i don't think any venue 'allows' blazing. did it a bunch inside guv and once or twice inside fw, and a couple times on the patio. i don't think you should get kicked out but it is what it is. come to mention it. some dude had a vaporizer in coda and we did it at the bar lol. oh also at new years half the people were blazing lol

Old Post Mar-07-2015 06:25  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Smoking ..umm..something

Sorry I should have been more clear. No venue allows blazing of course, but a lot turn a blind eye to it so I don't like how strict they are. FW was definitely more laxed about it, but I guess booking fees have gone up more and they're forcing ppl to buy more drinks instead.I guess at certain times they will loosen up, like at new years, and will allow ppl to blaze.

Old Post Mar-07-2015 07:58  Canada
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Switch to vaporizer and do it in a stall lol

Old Post Mar-07-2015 18:13  Norfolk Island
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Switch to vaporizer and do it in a stall lol

It wouldn't be the worst thing to happen in those stalls in Coda lol.

Old Post Mar-07-2015 20:02  Canada
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
What do you mean by TRC buying up all the tickets for these events? Are you talking about the website or the community itself?

Is Patrick Topping really all that?? The guy had one severely overrated tune last year (Forgot) and is now playing all over the place. I just feel he's hyped up more than he should be just because he's affiliated with Hot Creations.

I mean the community because its so large... its so accessible to so many ppl like most things when they see an event they like they buy... and these ppl do go crazy when certain events go on sale... I'm still pissed that maceo plex, than solomun, now mk sold out fast... and now im simply blaming trc lol

ive never heard any sets from him so I don't know and I really did enjoy forget and hot creations is my fav label so I enjoy those vibes...

yeah its shitty you got kicked out and the line up issue is a disaster but its still my fav spot in the city...

yeah I think I might be doing beefa(Ibiza) again this year, this time im looking at air bnb to book a place.

Old Post Mar-09-2015 19:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
I mean the community because its so large... its so accessible to so many ppl like most things when they see an event they like they buy... and these ppl do go crazy when certain events go on sale... I'm still pissed that maceo plex, than solomun, now mk sold out fast... and now im simply blaming trc lol

ive never heard any sets from him so I don't know and I really did enjoy forget and hot creations is my fav label so I enjoy those vibes...

yeah its shitty you got kicked out and the line up issue is a disaster but its still my fav spot in the city...

yeah I think I might be doing beefa(Ibiza) again this year, this time im looking at air bnb to book a place.

yeah man, MK, Solomun, and especially Maceo Plex are DJs/Artists that are "hot" right now in the scene and actually have been for some time now so you can't fully blame TRC lol. I really like both their production and DJ work, especially Solomun who I feel plays more from the heart than a lot of other DJs as he holds back a lot less and switches up the vibe during a set by not sticking to one style. I feel he plays more for the crowd while still maintaining some sense of artistic integrity for himself. They need to be in a club bigger than Coda but not as big as Guv to fully accommodate folks and circumvent Coda's lineup issues, especially since now the scene is going full circle and the underground is getting back up. Even some of the big EDM guys like Axwell and Ingrosso are producing okay deep house beats as well as Kaskade.

I booked my trip through Expedia after years of looking at that website for packages and am crossing my fingers for a few DJs to get off my bucket list as the lineups arent' fully out yet.

Old Post Mar-09-2015 23:03  Canada
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

As always, J00F was simply outstanding on Saturday night at Toika. There is nothing else that can be said about him that hasn't already been said before on these forums. He just never fails to deliver.

Old Post Mar-10-2015 00:23  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
As always, J00F was simply outstanding on Saturday night at Toika. There is nothing else that can be said about him that hasn't already been said before on these forums. He just never fails to deliver.

What a party! Can't wait for next time, will be on a much bigger sound system

Old Post Mar-10-2015 01:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBreakbeat - very hard to ID, does anybody know this one? [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGlobal Experience - Madras [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread