Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson

Great review.

Old Post Aug-18-2014 20:04  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Yeah? I honestly have never considered myself a great party reviewer - this time I actually made an effort to be specific instead of my usual "I HAD FUN I WAS DRUNK AS FUCK OMG RAVE SICK TUNES SICK VIBES WOOO!"

Bummed I missed yours and Jeff's sets, too, btw. I worked nights on Friday and with the shit weather I just couldn't get motivated to get out of bed and drive down at 1-2pm. :/

To be honest I wanted to bail on this party altogether even before I knew the weather was crap. My funds are tight right now, but I booked my shift off work ages ago when I found out about this jam, and there was no way in hell I was just going to sit on my ass at home if I was going to lose out on the money I would have made. Nope. Rave to the grave, yo.

I can only imagine how truly epic this party would have been had it been sunny out. Damn.

Old Post Aug-18-2014 20:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
"I HAD FUN I WAS DRUNK AS FUCK OMG RAVE SICK TUNES SICK VIBES WOOO!"

Old Post Aug-18-2014 20:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Old Post Aug-18-2014 20:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Yep, great review for sure. Very thorough with lots of detail. Nice to see they something a little more creative with the stage setup for this party. Reminds me of tomorrow land where visuals doesn't just mean lighting/video screens

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Aug-19-2014 01:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Eelke Kleijn boat cruise + after party:

well my review won't be as good as the previous one but.....

BBQ + pre drink it was raining on us the whole time, but by the time we set sail the sky cleared up. boarding was smooth, but it took a while to set sail. was on there quite a while before we set sail and the tunes were already being played. wasn't that crowded on the boat, especially towards the forward end. the sound was decent, not too loud but it didn't need to be. crowd was really fun and friendly. was digging the tunes. some songs that stood out that i could ID were, crossfade (maceo remix), set it off (makam orchestra drama mix), chaim blue shadow. miss melera and eelke were swapping in and out every little while, me and my friend chatted with both ! really nice people. drinks were really pricey on the boat 18$ for 2 beers. the bathroom smelt like super concentrated piss and lake ontario scum loll. walked all the way to toika from queens quay, listening to trus'me - i want you (alan fitzpatrick remix), if you heard someone singing on the street twas i. grabbed a bite got in toika, nice staff and bouncers. friend was body crashing hard so only managed to stay an hour or so. there was a time where the bass was cut off almost completely but quickly fixed. pretty much every1 from the boat came to the after party and every1 was having a good time. wish i stayed longer tho. can't wait for the guy j cruise.

Old Post Aug-19-2014 03:20  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I was fully planning on meeting up with everyone at Toika, but I was nearing broke and pretty tired, and my buddy convinced me to go to Ryze instead for DJ Dan.

I used to love DJ Dan, like way back to Loose Caboose Dan. I think the last time I saw him was at This Is London in 2007, but before then I NEVER missed when he came to town.

Was very glad my friend dragged my ass to Ryze. He was so fuckin good omg. Hard and funky just like the old days. Great crowd and vibe there as well, and ran into lots of old faces. I was not expecting to enjoy myself that much and left totally drained. Fuckin awesome time.

Old Post Aug-19-2014 03:34 
Silky Johnson

Old Post Aug-19-2014 03:58 
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
but it took a while to set sail.

shocker of '14 right here!

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Aug-19-2014 05:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Bummed I missed yours and Jeff's sets, too, btw. I worked nights on Friday and with the shit weather I just couldn't get motivated to get out of bed and drive down at 1-2pm. :/

no worries i don't get mad when people don't make it to my opening sets because i would have done exactly the same, who the hell wants to be there this early?

Old Post Aug-19-2014 13:22  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list geroin is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
no worries i don't get mad when people don't make it to my opening sets because i would have done exactly the same, who the hell wants to be there this early?

I actually like getting to these outdoor jams early and maximizing the day! Time off from responsibilities is precious.

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
You cried more last night ehore

lol, ehore!

Old Post Aug-19-2014 14:26 
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
shocker of '14 right here!

LOL.. i meant after the scheduled departure

Old Post Aug-19-2014 15:55  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown track 1 of 3 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackA.I.D.A. - Merrit [2001]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread