Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
it was a drumcode dettmann party in broklyn... so much fomo...
I don't think that guy was boosting, just full of shit lol
as noobie said marcel was relentless fire...

I was under the impression marcel and the drumcode crew played a berlin industrial techno... is this correct?

It's Nobbie dammit and what does boosting mean?

I'm not a big techno head either but I was surprised at his set at Amnesia the week before which probably wasn't too different from what he played here...

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Jul-06-2015 21:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
his type of techno is pretty much what techno is now. you like tech house. the next events and the previous ones would be more up your ally.

i think I'm out of the loop now. everyone posting reviews seems to like the same typical sets we always get here, and when we get a different booking at the island for a change only swamper and i enjoyed it LOL

I guess I'm out of the loop, where techno is concerned, if that's what's hot now. lol Glad you guys enjoyed it though! Just wasn't for me. I'd prefer to hear Guy Gerber again, over that, any day.

Old Post Jul-07-2015 00:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

yeah, Dettman's set did remind me of the techno from good 15 years ago, higher bpm etc. Give me the stuff from Fitzpatrick, Sian or Nicole from few years ago, that's the techno I like. I don't mind 130 bpm techno, just not what Dettman dropped that night.

Glad you guys enjoyed, glad we all did enjoy the day out and that we're still on ta to write about it

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Jul-07-2015 23:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

I caught Ferrer's last couple of tracks. Wish I got there sooner b/c he sounded awesome! Sasha played a lot harder than I expected, but he was good - glad he is back!! Marcel wasn't really for me. Too techy.

Love the new location though!! Lots of space to chill out, wide variety of food options, didn't have to wait a million years for a bathroom. Could use some speakers in the middle so you can hear it in the back. And there should be way more hand sanitizers at the bathrooms - they were out by 4/5pm it seemed.

Old Post Jul-08-2015 01:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

to each der owwnnnn but bra, nicole and sian in particular are not techno and do not play it in any capacity. i wouldn't even say alan is techno. just cuz dat bass drum goes boom loud doesn't make it techno. not saying they bad doe. alans got those catchy tunes and those funky melodies.
but at the end of the day what is dat techno and who decides what dat techno is and what isn't dat techno

Old Post Jul-08-2015 03:17  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Drumcode and dettmann arent similar at all. When I thinknof an industrial sound it's like more of guys like perc and truss, maybe even surgeon.

Check out steffi. She has a lot of deep house and plays a lot of stuff sounding like drexciya. She's dope

it's good to know there is a difference, well what ever we want to call it his sound was awesome... specifically I think it really fits into the night portion of EI...

Steffi is on my list...

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
It's Nobbie dammit and what does boosting mean?

I'm not a big techno head either but I was surprised at his set at Amnesia the week before which probably wasn't too different from what he played here...

apologies, are you going to post a review of your trip?

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
And there should be way more hand sanitizers at the bathrooms - they were out by 4/5pm it seemed.

yeah it was disgusting... there should be proper bathrooms to wash up... at the very least free water stands is needed... embrace is being retarded and unfair for not having the water stand....
IMO the new location blows hard... none of my friends like the new area at all... the old space had a beautiful view of the water and skyline, like I felt I was on an island... I also liked the giant trees in the dance floor it made the space look unique...

Old Post Jul-08-2015 14:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by ~C~
I guess I'm out of the loop, where techno is concerned, if that's what's hot now. lol Glad you guys enjoyed it though! Just wasn't for me. I'd prefer to hear Guy Gerber again, over that, any day.

Has Guy played on the island? Guy would suit the island properly...

I would like to see Jamie Jones and Luca Cazal... I've said it before a Hot Creations label party would be perfect for the island... possibly even Crosstown... I would deff like to see a Defected island party... with the amount of folks that liked Dennis I think a defected party would fit perfectly...

Old Post Jul-08-2015 14:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon

IMO the new location blows hard... none of my friends like the new area at all... the old space had a beautiful view of the water and skyline, like I felt I was on an island... I also liked the giant trees in the dance floor it made the space look unique...

I agree. I liked the old spot better. I loved the big tree in the middle of the dance floor, and being so close to the lake. It was so serene. I loved the way the lasers used to reflect off all the trees too. It felt like we were all dancing, in the middle of a forest.

But honestly, I thought I would hate the new location a lot more than I did. It wasn't terrible by any means. It just wasn't the old location. lol

I wish they would just sell less tickets, keep it smaller, and move it back to the old spot. That would be ideal!

And yes, Guy Gerber did play EI one year, with Sasha!! It was my favourite EI, out of all the ones that I've attended. It was the Canada Edition: 2013

Old Post Jul-08-2015 15:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by ~C~
I wish they would just sell less tickets, keep it smaller, and move it back to the old spot. That would be ideal!

Expect the opposite to happen. Part of the reason they moved to the new area is so they could grow and add more stages down the road.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jul-08-2015 16:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Expect the opposite to happen. Part of the reason they moved to the new area is so they could grow and add more stages down the road.

ugh

I also just noticed how cheap tickets used to be for EI, from the above Flyer I posted. $17.50 for advance tickets, and $23.50 including the Ferry! Damn, I wish it was still that cheap!

Old Post Jul-08-2015 16:30  Canada
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

ok yeah I remember that party now, I met my gf there in a hazy stupor of a day lol a lot of these EI's start to blend together lol

I remember a paid $25 for the first couple of EI's... to me $50 is some what fair... but of course I rather pay less at the door and spend that at the bar...

2 stages would be great imo but if they jack up the price to cover the extra stage I think ppl will be much more picky about the events they go to... I deff would not go 3/4 times a season as I currently do...

I remember thinking how it would be cool at night if they would have like a 2nd lighting and sound stage with performers set up in the back or in the middle...

Old Post Jul-08-2015 18:18  Canada
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
^ the above song is exactly why sasha sucked. He didn't play anything melodic.

ummm.... Yes he did

Old Post Jul-08-2015 23:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2 techno tracks [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackL.S.G - "Hidden Sun Of Venus" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread