Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Capitalism
Pages (50): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I hate systemic/structural philosophical theories like this nonsense that argue individuals have no power to alter their lives and that it's all the system's fault for the problems. THAT just feels like a complete cop out, taking away all responsibility from the individuals and blaming others.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 13:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I was hoping you'd fucking stay out of this. All of this is easy for you to say with a belly full of food, access to clean water, money in a bank account. You don't even begin to understand your privilege and prickishness. Begone.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 13:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
As sound as an assessment that is deep inside I feel like the line of thinking is a cop out knowing what we know. We have to be more active in criticizing failing systemic structures and norms we know exist that hinder the individual and do not propel him/her.

I'm not saying we shouldn't challenge inequality or corporate corruption or other nasty byproducts of capitalism. But blaming capitalism for people being addicted to smart phones and having poor mental health is the real cop out.

As for your other point, capitalism gives people drinking water and money in the bank. It's sustaining more people above poverty than any previous system. The trouble is, those people then want to enjoy consumptive Western lifestyles with the big house, the car, the TV, the travel. They don't turn around and proclaim the evils of capitalism. They try and get as rich as possible. It's an animal tendency to horde resources, to eat more than you need, to reproduce in pointless numbers. We're just animals that have short-circuited the natural systems of equilibrium. Capitalism didn't create consumption. It's the product of human nature, not the driver of it.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-08-2018 13:58  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
But blaming capitalism for people being addicted to smart phones and having poor mental health is the real cop out.

I don't think that's the argument i am making. It's much more broad and complicated than that.

quote:
Capitalism didn't create consumption. It's the product of human nature, not the driver of it.

It is shameful.

edit: I will also say, I don't think there is anything wrong with having a big house and a nice car. The problems is every decent person, obviously with the exception of those removed from society for their actions, should essentially have those things. But that's just my idealism.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Jul-08-2018 at 15:19

Old Post Jul-08-2018 15:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
edit: I will also say, I don't think there is anything wrong with having a big house and a nice car. The problems is every decent person, obviously with the exception of those removed from society for their actions, should essentially have those things. But that's just my idealism.

Well, you shouldn't be co-opting environmentalist images then, because what you are advocating is not environmentally possible with seven billion people on the planet.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 15:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

No I only meant that hypothetically, in a hypotethical future with biodegradable
and sustainable homes and and cars of a non fuel combusting type. And I don't wanna talk about land distribution yet because that's neither here nor there. Let's move onto the IT of the thing for now.

quote:

As for your other point, capitalism gives people drinking water and money in the bank. It's sustaining more people above poverty than any previous system.

This. This, I think, is a flawed assertion and a dangerous line of thinking. And I'm not blaming you for thinking that way, it is part of how the thing works. It is not capitalism that does those things. It is the worker's work that does this. His blood, sweat and tears is what puts food on the table. Capitalism removes this from the individual and puts it in the hands of an exploitative few. It is an exploitative system.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Jul-08-2018 at 18:10

Old Post Jul-08-2018 15:51  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Interesting that you ascribe the positives to the workers and the negatives to the system.

Also, I think you're conflating "capitalism" with "neo-liberalism".

Old Post Jul-08-2018 16:25  England
wotyzoid
it's not house

Nah, I'm talking about capitalism. Capital. Money.

The negatives are the fruits of a system which, as you said, is also a product of "us" or those who use it.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 16:38  United States
LoveHate

Re: Capitalism

quote:
Capitalists: Fuck everything, let's make money

Old Post Jul-08-2018 17:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

That is good stuff, I like the acid smiley Ferrari part.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 17:38  United States
kolakao
tranceaddict

quote:
PiS voter confirmed.

EDIT: Oh, he deleted his mad diatribe. The COR will never get to read about the healing power of Catholicism now.

1.It's not me who delete my post. Administrator of this site did it. Did I wrote something unethical ?

2. PiS voters, are full of people who would help one more time UK and France in 1939 ... but respones like you did, confirm that, we should behave like Austria, Hungary or Czechoslovakia or Bulgaria.

Old Post Jul-08-2018 22:38  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kolakao Click here to Send kolakao a Private Message Add kolakao to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
I hate systemic/structural philosophical theories like this nonsense that argue individuals have no power to alter their lives and that it's all the system's fault for the problems. THAT just feels like a complete cop out, taking away all responsibility from the individuals and blaming others.

i hate theories which rely on a not-insubstantial amount of magic in order to function.

Old Post Jul-09-2018 08:52  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Capitalism
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (50): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackiD Plz [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten - "Fire" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread