Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Sasha Last Night on Earth May 2019
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
t3cHn0_43ad

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
he's been in proper form the entire time man , he never lost a step

in the 00's he was killing it with digweed ..

in the 10's he's been still at the forefront to some degree especially recently with the whole melodic techno thing, and also with some of that progessive drum n bass type of stuff ..

yeah i never really been dissapointed , but granted i never saw him live either, just from the recorded sets i heard its always been top notch .

One of the best shows I've seen him at was @ Shine (shelborne Hotel) during WMC 09. Small venue, low roof and they had installed an absolute overkill of a sound system in there that recked that little room (in a good way).

Last edited by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Oct-10-2019 at 14:43

Old Post Oct-10-2019 14:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KiNeTiC ENeRgY Click here to Send KiNeTiC ENeRgY a Private Message Add KiNeTiC ENeRgY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Everyone seems to talk about either Sasha's return to form, or their hope that he one day will if he hasn't already, but am I the only one who actually liked- or at least didn't mind- 2000's Sasha?

Involver is obviously indispensable, Fundacion NYC is a perfectly fine listen despite its deserved reputation as having the absolute worst opening to any mix compilation ever, Avalon: Los Angeles is one I actually never heard but recall no one seeming to like, and Involver 2, while feeling unnecessary and unmemorable, certainly wasn't by any means bad (in fact the first 20 minutes of that comp still sound fantastic, and I remember people at the time losing their shit over over that remix of Couleurs when clips came out of him playing it at what I think was WMC).

Not to mention that 2005 Sasha gave us his legendary Maida Vale EM.

Great comment! I'm one of those folks who believes Sasha can do no wrong. Looking forward to seeing him here in LA next Friday.

I'd like to throw in Involver 3 was wonderful! We had just seen him at BPM prior to the album release and his set was just AMAZING! Played a lot of the melodic tracks that would eventually be on the album so it was a great feeling to be able relive those feelings while driving to and from work.

Old Post Oct-10-2019 16:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
One of the best shows I've seen him at was @ Shine (shelborne Hotel) during WMC 09. Small venue, low roof and they had installed an absolute overkill of a sound system in there that recked that little room (in a good way).

nice !!! i remember sasha did a boat party at wmc and he was dropping some funky house like hott 22 i feel love

that was one of my favourite sets by him

this was during the time Desyn Masiello was a pretty major dj , and the two were bouncing around playing after one another...

at one point he had a whole deskop computer on stage in like the mid 00's and was one of the first to really do that, i always got respect for him

Old Post Oct-13-2019 02:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Got to see the master last Friday here in LA and he just never disappoints. Started off a little slow but pumped it up during the 2nd half of a 3 hour set. What I love about these old school dj's coming into town is that it brings out that old school crowd. Got to run into a lot of old friends. Talked about old memories and showed each pictures of our kids n shit (man, times have changed). Awesome time!

Old Post Oct-23-2019 18:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Sasha Last Night on Earth May 2019
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID Vocals - "Don't You Cry-Dont't You Say Goodbye" with familiar Beat ???? [2002] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackChris Hampshire & Vincent Nysse - "Eternal Voices" (Tiesto's Alternative Breaks Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread