Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I love it since I heard it here at 27 minutes in 2013:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Nov-29-2017 20:25  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tranceCDs
Reality Hacker

Happy Birthday Master

Old Post Dec-10-2017 21:05  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for tranceCDs Click here to Send tranceCDs a Private Message Add tranceCDs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Too bad for the audio delay of a few seconds, but still amazing, this 2012 live act, especially the piano play at 1:18-1:22

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Dec-25-2017 12:18  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

According to these comments below, Airwave's remix of Odyssey to Anyoona is finally getting released after 4 years in January on Coldharbour recordings and congrats on Airwave doing a mix on ASOT again for the first time in 15 years as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33kQYMq0Tk

Old Post Dec-27-2017 11:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Titanium
According to these comments below, Airwave's remix of Odyssey to Anyoona is finally getting released after 4 years in January on Coldharbour recordings and congrats on Airwave doing a mix on ASOT again for the first time in 15 years as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33kQYMq0Tk

Last post previous page good news. I didn't read January then, but early 2018, could be updated meanwhile.

Regarding a.s.o.t., looks like John OO Flemming is behind that. A bit surprising as Armin is very aware of Airwave's work. When I remember correct Armin visited Airwave not even that long ago. I think Laurent might be to polite to ask, and John just speaks out what he's thinking or just brought up the subject at the right moment. Airwave back then even mentioned something like his style wasn't suitable for a.s.o.t. During this year I noticed progressive producers got closer to the uplifting in terms of playing together at festivals.
It also looks like all trance DJ's are 'reaching' for Armin, who hasn't made decent trance for a while.

What also changed is Laurent's FB. Looks like he's DJing much more than before, but has more distance to his fans over Facebook.
More gigs means more money, something I think never was that important for Laurent. But with being a dad of two young daughters, priorities change, so I can't really blame him if my assumption is right.

Old Post Dec-28-2017 17:52  Netherlands
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Last post previous page good news. I didn't read January then, but early 2018, could be updated meanwhile.

Regarding a.s.o.t., looks like John OO Flemming is behind that. A bit surprising as Armin is very aware of Airwave's work. When I remember correct Armin visited Airwave not even that long ago. I think Laurent might be to polite to ask, and John just speaks out what he's thinking or just brought up the subject at the right moment. Airwave back then even mentioned something like his style wasn't suitable for a.s.o.t. During this year I noticed progressive producers got closer to the uplifting in terms of playing together at festivals.
It also looks like all trance DJ's are 'reaching' for Armin, who hasn't made decent trance for a while.

What also changed is Laurent's FB. Looks like he's DJing much more than before, but has more distance to his fans over Facebook.
More gigs means more money, something I think never was that important for Laurent. But with being a dad of two young daughters, priorities change, so I can't really blame him if my assumption is right.

False promises by these crappy labels, I have been waiting 4 years for the remix to be released. Markus Schulz comes along and gets preferential treatment when it sounds like he spent 15 mins on the tracks. Airwave's remix sounds like he put a lot of effort into it. I'll wait for it to be released when it is released and I don't like it how it's on Coldharbour considering how much of an asshole Markus Schulz is and how much of a hypocrite he is by saying music comes from the heart when all he is doing is chasing cheap fans. I will buy it directly off Airwave rather than through coldhabour if it was on any other label I would totally buy it.

My bad then, but yes he has been touring a lot more and I feel that his productions have lost that magic it used to have and he used to put a lot of effort into his track and personally I don't blame him for changing direction of doing more gigs. I would do too if I was in his situation.

I wish the scene would focus more on more melodic, rhythmic uplifting trance, most of the high bpms stuff just sound flat and not memorable, noisy and this is from producers who used to produce decent tracks in the past and the productions from the new producers is horrendous. Most of the stuff JOOF plays these days are not memorable when I look back at the amount of AMAZING productions that were produced back in the 90's and 2000's.

I am not saying that there aren't any bad trance producers but there is none in the melodic trance sound or melodic progressive side. The psy trance side Ovnimoon is hands down the best the rest of them seem to add those boring triplets. IF joof wants to play techno then I don't see why he doesn't play tracks from the likes of Ness, Luigi tozzi etc etc even Ovnimoon told me that tracks by them make him fly and they are closer to 'trance' than anything released under the "Trance" label.

On topic, I hope Airwave can bring back that magic that his productions used to have and I am not sure if its Bonzai is to blame but the mastering in his recent tracks is not up to the quality it used to be in the past and they are not memorable. Sorry Laurent just being honest here. I would love to hear more tracks like his remix of Odyssey to Anyoona that's proper euphoric trance right there!!!

Last edited by Titanium on Dec-29-2017 at 12:44

Old Post Dec-29-2017 12:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
False promises by these crappy labels, I have been waiting 4 years for the remix to be released. Markus Schulz comes along and gets preferential treatment when it sounds like he spent 15 mins on the tracks. Airwave's remix sounds like he put a lot of effort into it. I'll wait for it to be released when it is released and I don't like it how it's on Coldharbour considering how much of an asshole Markus Schulz is and how much of a hypocrite he is by saying music comes from the heart when all he is doing is chasing cheap fans. I will buy it directly off Airwave rather than through coldhabour if it was on any other label I would totally buy it.

Yeah, 4 long years, I know. I don't think Laurent had any influence on this release. Jam El Mar (Rolf) working together with Markus probably brought it to a release.
I think Laurent couldn't release the track as he needed Rolf's permission. When Rolf made the remix of Airwave's track (sort of a deal I think) below I got more hope that it would be released some time, just hoped it wouldn't take that long. I don't know if he has played the track ever since he handed it over to Rolf. I think it will become difficult to get it directly off Airwave, although I also would rather buy it from him. But waiting for that long I would buy it from anyone.

Jam El Mar also still has a good relationship with Bonzai. He often visits Belgium for gigs.
I do like Talla 2XLC's (or whoever made it for him) uplifting last remix of The First Rebirth though, much better than Markus's remix of Odyssey To Anyoona.

Old Post Dec-29-2017 14:20  Netherlands
n0bben
-

Didn't Airwave remix "Follow Me" as well? Also unreleased if im not mistaken?

Old Post Dec-29-2017 18:07  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for n0bben Click here to Send n0bben a Private Message Add n0bben to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by n0bben
Didn't Airwave remix "Follow Me" as well? Also unreleased if im not mistaken?

Yes and yes, you're right, I think he made both in the same period:

Old Post Dec-29-2017 20:26  Netherlands
tranceCDs
Reality Hacker

I'm a huge Airwave fan but I honestly think it's time for him to stop DJing and start performing. He can comfortably do it with the amount of work he has. I mean, seeing him play Fight 643 at these live events is getting old.

Old Post Dec-30-2017 06:43  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for tranceCDs Click here to Send tranceCDs a Private Message Add tranceCDs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaylightMoon
I'm a huge Airwave fan but I honestly think it's time for him to stop DJing and start performing. He can comfortably do it with the amount of work he has. I mean, seeing him play Fight 643 at these live events is getting old.

Most of the older producers are doing this these days. Its become fashionable to play classics as opposed to making future trance classics. Filler material and noisy tracks has taken over the scene. Let him do what he wants no one likes being told what to do if it makes him put food on the table for his family and makes him happy then its his choice.

@Trancem -I dont think it would be difficult to obtain a copy from Laurent he may have the original master.

Last edited by Titanium on Dec-30-2017 at 10:29

Old Post Dec-30-2017 10:23 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaylightMoon

That's just part of his classic set, one day later at Luminosity his album release set (which I missed as I thought they wouldn't upload it).

I love those classic remixes like Antidote - What Time Is Love (Inspired Mix) here near the end and The Age of Love (Astral Projection Remix) which JOOF played in the following set.

quote:
I dont think it would be difficult to obtain a copy from Laurent he may have the original master.

Obviously he has, but that doesn't mean he'll sell it directly, doesn't it?

Old Post Dec-30-2017 12:58  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHardTrance ID [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAly & Fila - "Spirit of Ka" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread