Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

so excited for toney- couture. just to finally see two top guys from boxing and mma go head to head... might not answer the big question but itll be entertaining as hell.

hopefully frankie takes the main event, he deserves to be the champ.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 02:59  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

Here we go:

Penn
Couture
Maia
Diaz
Lauzon

Diaz vs. Davis is going to be SICK though.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 16:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Watching some pre fight stuff...toney is my fav fighter right now! He has an amazing talk game.

This should be a good night o fights.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 16:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I always think this says the MDMA thread. I doubt that MMA & MDMA pair well together though.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 16:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I always think this says the MDMA thread. I doubt that MMA & MDMA pair well together though.

I can not imagine that at all. lol

Old Post Aug-28-2010 16:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

118 should be good.

The preliminary card doesn't have a lot of name value, but it's well matched. Piece-Alves is an interesting bout between a fairly impressive Brazilian prospect and a very tough underrated fighter in Pierce. Dan Miller has a must-win matchup with John Salter, but Miller struggles when he isn't the better wrestler, and Salter is quite good in that area. Osipczak-Soto is a little inexplicable given their recent and divergent results against Matt Riddle, but Soto should look better with the benefit of a full training camp. Winner-Lentz is an interesting little fight between two guys flying under the radar at 155; I think Lentz wins yet another fight that he isn't supposed to. Finally, Gabe Ruediger might surprise some TUF noobs against Joe Lauzon; I project a close decision which goes to Joe.

As for the main card, Marcus Davis looked pretty horrible in his last two bouts, so I think his age has caught up with him. So, I think Nate Diaz plunks him early. Mario Miranda has the skills to make things interesting against Demian Maia, but I have to think it eventually winds up on the ground and from there it's probably just a matter of time. Maynard-Florian is maybe the most interesting bout on the card, and I think the result depends largely on the extent to which Maynard follows a prudent, if unexciting, gameplan. James Toney is brain damaged and shouldn't be permitted to fight in boxing, much less MMA where he has no experience. And, finally, I'd like to see Frankie Edgar win again; the guy gets no respect and it's BS. However, it's going to be tough, as I think Penn will mix things up and be less predictable this time around, and it was really Penn's predictability that did him in last time.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 17:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

Penn gets his title back tonight. Le's do this.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 18:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

Yes. I also pick Florian.

Old Post Aug-28-2010 20:42  United States
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW @ Lauzon!

When did his wrestling get like that‽

Old Post Aug-29-2010 01:41  United States
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

Old Post Aug-29-2010 04:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zombie0729
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

fail.

Old Post Aug-29-2010 04:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zombie0729 Add Zombie0729 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
so excited for toney- couture. just to finally see two top guys from boxing and mma go head to head... might not answer the big question but itll be entertaining as hell.

James Toney the other day:
quote:
You will see how James Toney boxes. You will see that James Toney hits hard. You will see why James Toney hardly ever gets hit. As far as takedowns come, I welcome them. If he tries to take me down, it's going to be a short night for him. A very short night.

Old Post Aug-29-2010 08:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Oakenfold - In Sessions (Maxima FM) 07-29-2006 ID2 [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten - "Whatever" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread