Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Electric Island w/ DIXON, MARTINEZ BROS., HENRIK SCHWARZ, DJ TENNIS - JUL 1st
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Great day, finally just got home, gonna die for a bit now.

Afterparty was some of the strangest, creepy and awesome music I've ever heard!

How does one lose a pair of shoes at the island, that they were wearing?!

Great seeing so many familiar and friendly faces with great weather!

Old Post Jul-02-2014 18:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Great seeing so many familiar and friendly faces with great weather!

But not quite sunny enough to warrant a weird sun screen rub down. Lol. :/

Old Post Jul-02-2014 19:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
matthewsw
Junior tranceaddict

Dixon was magical... The whole party was awesome!

Old Post Jul-02-2014 20:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for matthewsw Click here to Send matthewsw a Private Message Add matthewsw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Thumbs up

Tunes were good all day IMO. Would have preferred longer / extended sets from the headliners (Dixon) but besides that I can't find any faults with the party.

Another quality Electric Island event.

Old Post Jul-02-2014 23:01  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

Could just be my preference but Dixon and Tennis put me to sleep - I just don't get the hype around them. Thought the same thing at BPM and Coda.

Old Post Jul-03-2014 16:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

I thought the Canada Days addition was awesome. Really fun, the atmosphere felt different... my friend decribed it like being at a theme park, minus the rides... It wasnt as busy as last month... there was porta pottys by the entrance... the ping pong table was nice touch... as well as the tv's for the world cup game...
the music was on point... highly enjoyed it... I lost the plot when Damian Lazrus ft Ancient Moons - Lovers Eyes was dropped!
The only problem was paying $50 at the door... but thats my bad from not buying them early...
Really excited for Seth Troxler, MJC, and Bob Moses, hopefully we get another name added on!

Old Post Jul-03-2014 16:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dinosaurbingo
Junior tranceaddict

Hopefully not... another added dj would just shorten troxler or mjc set.

Old Post Jul-03-2014 16:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dinosaurbingo Click here to Send dinosaurbingo a Private Message Add dinosaurbingo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

Henrik Schwarz set was amazing but I knew that before going

Some repeats in his set but it felt like I never heard those songs before, I love the quality in his music.

Old Post Jul-03-2014 16:54  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Old Post Jul-03-2014 16:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Sven vath set the bar too high with his set, i need more techno madness. Also knowing I missed tenaglia's marathon kinda disappointed me too. Had a good time no doubt but there was no memorable set for me

Old Post Jul-03-2014 17:57  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Like I said before, loved the island, great vibes all around I thought. I think everyone is getting so picky with expecting everything to be perfect at their optimum taste. Sound, people, weather. I had some run ins with some unsavoury people, wished it was a bit louder at times etc. I can only imagine the logistical nightmare of moving a club essentially to an island on a holiday, and presumably lots of red tape, and I think everyone involved deserves a much deserved pat on the back for what they did. This was my 3rd island, 1st this year. Each time I feel they're doing better and better overall.

Tales of Us were my favourite so far from last year, but like mentioned above, overall vibe and organization was astounding how well done it was and seems to be improving party to party.

I think Tennis could have easily been the headliner, he was on point, especially at the afterparty. First time for Henrik, was very enjoyable, I think MarBros are overrated, but they still threw it down, Dixon was good, but I had the bar set much higher from my Detroit experience from him at the festival and Old Miami only a month or so ago.

I don't think sound is the promoter's fault, I highly doubt with the calibre of bookings and parties they do, that they would voluntarily hold back on that if they didn't have to for some reason.

One other thing, were there like 3 different groups of security? I saw the grey shirts managing the doors and bathrooms, then a few red shirts who seemed to rule over them all, then a few blue shirts who were in a small trio seemingly randomly asking people to empty their pockets?

Finally, shot out to Alex for his continued hard work and hospitality this weekend.

AND lastly, was I wrong in assuming Maceo was supposed to be Civic? Or did I get the wrong information from many people about the same thing? *fingers-crossed* for Labour Day!

Old Post Jul-03-2014 19:16  Canada
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
AND lastly, was I wrong in assuming Maceo was supposed to be Civic? Or did I get the wrong information from many people about the same thing? *fingers-crossed* for Labour Day!

Never heard this and hope its true... really hopes he plays the after party if that is the case... would also like to see MK at the closing edition of EI... wow only 2 more EI's left of the year....

who played the after party??? the last after party sucked balls so I skipped it this time around... will go if Seth is playing...

Old Post Jul-03-2014 19:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Electric Island w/ DIXON, MARTINEZ BROS., HENRIK SCHWARZ, DJ TENNIS - JUL 1st
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplz help id this? [2010] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTorin - "Vanity" (Arksun Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread