Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Titanium
Well, if he is going to make techno then I hope he does make it more like this.

Nice! I'm not having problems with some of the other tracks on that LP either.

Old Post Mar-11-2018 12:23  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Laurent's new track at 1h22min: Rain Upon My Skin

Remix pack has hit the digital shelves as a BP "exclusive". Or more expensive download if you will. Bonzai Progressive (BP7502018). Remixes by Rise and Fall (of course) and "Cherry". Might not mind the former myself once it is no longer "exclusive".

Old Post Apr-22-2018 13:01  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Remix pack has hit the digital shelves as a BP "exclusive". Or more expensive download if you will. Bonzai Progressive (BP7502018). Remixes by Rise and Fall (of course) and "Cherry". Might not mind the former myself once it is no longer "exclusive".

Exclusive doesn't really mean a lot to me in these digital days, except that's most of the time annoying especially album exclusives.

Both remixes are very nice IMO:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Apr-22-2018 20:47  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I just discovered this by chance tonight. I know the B-Side, Full Moon, completely over-shadowed this track, but what an absolute stomper. Exactly the kind of trance I like:

I've noticed Airwave occasionally does tributes to other famous tunes. Atlas Winds is clearly a homage to Li Kwan - Point Zero. Indoctrinate - Feeling You is BT - Flaming June. To me, this sounds heavily inspired by Daft Punk - Alive, tranced up to excellent effect.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-25-2018 20:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Atlas Winds is clearly a homage to Li Kwan - Point Zero.

I really don't hear that at all

Old Post Apr-25-2018 20:31  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list JonDC is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by JonDC
I really don't hear that at all

So we've debated in the past. It's pretty clear to me though. Listen to the background crackly synth lines from about four minutes in Atlas Winds and tell me they aren't reminiscent of the crackly synths running through Point Zero. Then you've got the very similar use of chanted vocals throughout the tune, very similar intro to both. And, of course, they mix together very smoothly.

Even you can't tell me this isn't clearly a Flaming June knock-off though:

(Also samples the time-stretched break from The Light's remix of Voices Of Kwahn AD, and the opening synths from Orbital - Lush 3.1!)

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-25-2018 21:01  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Even you can't tell me this isn't clearly a Flaming June knock-off though:

There's no arguments about that one!

Old Post Apr-25-2018 21:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list JonDC is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

And this one:

Old Post Apr-25-2018 22:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

Seems like he has taken inspiration from other tracks, at least earlier in his career (I can't speak for recently since I haven't followed). Sasha - Arkham Asylum and Belfunk are templates for many of the early Planisphere releases, and the breakdown melody in Fire and Ice - Never Ending Melody is practically lifted from Gouryella.

Old Post Apr-25-2018 23:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Complete garbage how?

A slight change of perspective/style is what happened.

Old Post Apr-28-2018 22:48  Netherlands
Omnisphere
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaylightMoon
I'm sorry but Rain Upon My Skin is complete garbage and I'm so disappointed in Airwave for heading in this direction. He was on a roll early last year, what the hell happened?
Entropy happened.it's also not his fault. He owes nothing to us. He has already given us 20 years of Trance music. I think he's one of the most under-appreciated trance artists of our time and I didn't like how a few found his music boring.I think what he has given to Trance is more than any of the tiestos could ever do. We have asked for so much from him and look where he is at the moment. Most of the so called newer generation haven't even heard of him or his music.

Maybe it's time that he goes on a different journey. All the best to him. Let him be.He deserves better than what he got with the Trance crowd which is pennies and years of pain and struggle.

Last edited by Omnisphere on Apr-29-2018 at 07:19

Old Post Apr-29-2018 07:06  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Omnisphere Click here to Send Omnisphere a Private Message Add Omnisphere to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
craiggarner
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
I've noticed Airwave occasionally does tributes to other famous tunes

Another one: Angelica has a definite Holden vs Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning mix) vibe to it

Old Post Apr-29-2018 07:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for craiggarner Click here to Send craiggarner a Private Message Add craiggarner to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMax Graham GDJB 08-23-2004 ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSystem F - "Ignition Sequence Start" (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread