Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
Yeah they announced the no show before MJC... i knew something was up once i realized bob moses was playing for 90mins... a good group of the crowd booed, the others prbly didnt even know who seth was... me and my friends were pissed off when they announced it... I know Seth n the Martinez Bros did a Tuskgee Record label party on Govenors Island in NY on Sunday so he most likely got to retarded to come to Toronto...

So they announced it last second? Was that the first time they announced it or did they also announce it earlier on as well?

I thought the Olivia Chow thing was funny but her speech was bad at points. It felt like an old person trying to get down with the kids LOL.

Definitely not attending the next EI. Not only is the lineup uninteresting, the main headliner doesn't even show up for this jam. We should at least get a sorry or something. All it means is that made even more cash cuz they didnt' have to pay him.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Aug-05-2014 19:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm really glad I picked and chose the EI events I went to carfeully (each one last summer except for Hot Since 82 [Civ holiday], and only Sven Vath this summer) as it unfortunately seems like EI is rapidly losing it's appeal and luster.

I would love to see the EI group and promoters pick things back up in 2015 and hold it steady throughout the summer as these events are some of my most sought after parties and most memorable as well.

There are many artists that are suitable for EI, there is no reason to repeat bookings so soon!

Old Post Aug-05-2014 20:05  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
It looks like I picked a good one to skip out on.

Same. Also underwhelmed by the next line-up, but will be going to support Simon and Gera.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 20:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Also, I'm super excited, Tale Of Us was amazing in Detroit at the festival and afterparty. And I wanna hear their remix of Caribou live.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 20:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Personal proble.s. so he got fucked up the night before

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Aug-05-2014 21:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Personal proble.s. so he got fucked up the night before

I dunno why everyone assumes the worst, like I said on facebook, Seth def can right sketchy at times. But, I've seen him go 72 hours without skipping a best like that. He'll wear his sketch like a badge of honour and usually push on through.

He did have a super busy weekend though, not that it is an excuse.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 21:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Whatever the reason, it's not good of these promoters to not compensate us somehow.

Old Post Aug-05-2014 21:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I think that's the new standard pricing regardless of who's playing. It's always crowded so I doubt they'll lower prices. I don't know how they could possibly refund us in a way that makes sense lol. Maybe 10$ off next show for those who went ? Can't give free tix to troxler show when he reschedules due to mass amount of people

Old Post Aug-05-2014 23:36  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Well it'd be 'nice' if they were able to give a coupon for cover at the club or drink tix or soemthing, but yeah I get there were so many people there and this happened last min, so it was impossible to do I guess. It's just a thought.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 01:28  Canada
MSZ
godspeed

I'd probably only go back to ei for maceo plex since it seems to be within their realm.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 03:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
I'm really glad I picked and chose the EI events I went to carfeully (each one last summer except for Hot Since 82 [Civ holiday], and only Sven Vath this summer) as it unfortunately seems like EI is rapidly losing it's appeal and luster.

I would love to see the EI group and promoters pick things back up in 2015 and hold it steady throughout the summer as these events are some of my most sought after parties and most memorable as well.

There are many artists that are suitable for EI, there is no reason to repeat bookings so soon!

+1
Glad I sat this one out. After Canada Day, there seems to be more things keeping me from going to these parties than drawing me to them. Like boat cruises, it'll take a DJ I really want to see shell out a minimum of $40 for a ticket. Carl Cox would probably be my first choice to see now that Sven has came and gone. I'd even say fuck it and go to Lawler there even though I think he's passed his prime. These repeat bookings in only the 2nd season isn't enough to get my lazy ass on the ferry lol. Lee Foss would be another good candidate too.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Aug-06-2014 04:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
I'd probably only go back to ei for maceo plex since it seems to be within their realm.

Realistically, it's a pretty big event with a lot of paying customers. Who is not within their realm?

Old Post Aug-06-2014 13:48  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease identify blue monday remix [2003] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMurphy Brown & Nu NRG - "Aloa-P" (Mr. Pink Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread