Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
spitty
lady dutch

so i finally get around to buying a blackberry (curve 8330) second hand on craigslist (145) on Monday and on Tuesday the birthday girl spills a bottle of red wine on it. it was cleaned off but left on all night (we were all pretty drunk) and when I got up in the morning, the screen is all watery (winey), only one backlight goes on, the icons move around with the trackball, nothing happens when I press keys or the ball, and eventually it shuts off after about 5 minutes and to turn it back on I have to take out the battery. Is this a fixable thing? The repair guy said it was 100 to clean the screen and unsticky the keys. I've been reading online and some people say that soaking it in rubbing alcohol or deminerialised water might fix it. However, this was on Tuesday. I have pulled it apart since Wednesday day, but it has had the battery in, and turned on for quite a while.

I'd prefer not to buy a new one (or get my friend to) so I want to try to fix this. Give me hope someone!

Old Post Mar-18-2010 23:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for spitty Click here to Send spitty a Private Message Add spitty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by spitty
so i finally get around to buying a blackberry (curve 8330) second hand on craigslist (145) on Monday and on Tuesday the birthday girl spills a bottle of red wine on it. it was cleaned off but left on all night (we were all pretty drunk) and when I got up in the morning, the screen is all watery (winey), only one backlight goes on, the icons move around with the trackball, nothing happens when I press keys or the ball, and eventually it shuts off after about 5 minutes and to turn it back on I have to take out the battery. Is this a fixable thing? The repair guy said it was 100 to clean the screen and unsticky the keys. I've been reading online and some people say that soaking it in rubbing alcohol or deminerialised water might fix it. However, this was on Tuesday. I have pulled it apart since Wednesday day, but it has had the battery in, and turned on for quite a while.

I'd prefer not to buy a new one (or get my friend to) so I want to try to fix this. Give me hope someone!

i hope you get it working cuz i want your pin. lol

Old Post Mar-18-2010 23:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
Originally posted by spitty

The 8330 is really easy to open up and put back together. Just be really careful. Disassemble it into pieces, remember what you did so you can put it back together. Clean everything with alcohol, let it dry and put it back together, don't even bring a battery close to it while it's wet.

If problems are still there, there's most likely hardware damage, and with that you can't do much other than getting a new phone.

Old Post Mar-19-2010 04:32  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
E2EK1EL
Supreme tranceaddict

iPhone & Blackberry for Sale

Wuzup guys, I have 5 phones for sale right now. My friends had to leave the country, due to some reason I cannot state. All IMEI & PINs are clean and they are NOT banned from any networks.
(Since these phones were lightly used; no major scratches, amazingly … they all come with the box and manuals.)

1- $80.00 Blackberry 8100 *Red*(used 1 month)
2- $250.00 Blackberry 9700 (used 2 month)
3- $200.00 Blackberry 9000 *White*(used 2 month)
4- $250.00 iPhone 3G 16GB *Black*(???)
5- $400.00 iPhone 3GS 16gb *Black & 1st Bootrom*(used 3 month)

PM me if interested

EDIT: EVERYTHING IS NOW SOLD!

Last edited by E2EK1EL on Mar-22-2010 at 03:19

Old Post Mar-19-2010 14:45  China
Click Here to See the Profile for E2EK1EL Click here to Send E2EK1EL a Private Message Add E2EK1EL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon

i hope you get it working cuz i want your pin. lol

+1

Old Post Mar-20-2010 17:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
legendary_waz
Supreme tranceaddict

Just picked up a Bold2 9700. Having a Pearl 8100 before this, I gotta say for the few hours I have had it, enjoying quite a bit

Used the unlocking service by mobileincanada.com and I highly recommend it. Requested an unlock code at 1am and by 8am had the code in my inbox. Reliable and cheap (and sometimes free i.e. promos).

Old Post Mar-20-2010 19:15  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for legendary_waz Click here to Send legendary_waz a Private Message Add legendary_waz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by legendary_waz
Just picked up a Bold2 9700. Having a Pearl 8100 before this, I gotta say for the few hours I have had it, enjoying quite a bit

Used the unlocking service by mobileincanada.com and I highly recommend it. Requested an unlock code at 1am and by 8am had the code in my inbox. Reliable and cheap (and sometimes free i.e. promos).

awesome!
the pearl doesnt give you the full blackberry experience. its like using blackberry's retarded cousin.

Old Post Mar-20-2010 19:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
legendary_waz
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
the pearl doesnt give you the full blackberry experience. its like using blackberry's retarded cousin.

Agreed. So many little differences that make that much better.

Old Post Mar-20-2010 19:23  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for legendary_waz Click here to Send legendary_waz a Private Message Add legendary_waz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

http://apps.facebook.com/bb_barcodegenerator/

Old Post Mar-20-2010 19:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

why would you do that when you can do direct imports from BB to FB of your barcode?

any other barcodes you can just use QR generator...

Old Post Mar-20-2010 23:20  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
why would you do that when you can do direct imports from BB to FB of your barcode?

You mean just save your barcode then bring it into FB? Or is there some new thing I don't know about?

quote:
any other barcodes you can just use QR generator...

Not everyone is as geeky as we are, some people might just want a application?

Old Post Mar-22-2010 20:56  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Not everyone is as geeky as we are, some people might just want a application?

*sigh* but why?

Old Post Mar-23-2010 14:00  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMint Tune from Kai Tracid Set - Uplifting - ID It !! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolar Stone - Solar Coaster [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread