Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My first mp3 player ever, and it breaks the day I buy it
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Sad My first mp3 player ever, and it breaks the day I buy it

So, today I get a Samsung Galaxy 3.6. Seems to be getting quite good reviews on Amazon, my local Best Buy has it, and I want an mp3 player, so why not? Then eight hours later the touch screen becomes completely unresponsive. Powering off and on, taking battery out for a while and putting it back in, and doing a "hard reset" as recommended by Samsung support over the phone all do absolutely nothing. Support recommends that I return it to the store. What a piece of junk. Thanks, Samsung!

Old Post May-16-2012 04:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I had a bunch of cheap counterfeit Chinese mp3 players for years - they'd all work perfectly well for a year and then something would happen. For the price I paid, it was an awesome deal.

Then I got greedy and, after getting a Vaio, I decided to go for a Sony mp3 player - and it turned out to be my worst purchase ever. I must've had about 6 or 7 players in under 4 months. I finally asked for a refund and bought a new counterfeit Chinese mp3 player.

That is, until my fiancée got me an iPod nano. It's got just one problem (the main button is too fragile), but I can fix it for 25 dollars whenever it happens - and it's happened just once after the warranty expired. I complained a lot on the first week until I got the hang of it, but now I love it, and I can't see myself with another mp3 player any more

Old Post May-16-2012 04:14  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

I might consider getting an iPod. The thing is, the Samsung players are basically as well-reviewed as iPods are, so I don't see why this thing should have been so crappy. Perhaps I just got a defective unit.

Old Post May-16-2012 04:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

That's possible. Give it another shot, you may have just got unlucky

Old Post May-16-2012 04:19  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I've never had a problem with my iPod. Had one of the original ones that lasted for years, until I got sick of such low space and got myself an 80gb one. Probably upgrade to a 160 soon enough.

Old Post May-16-2012 04:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Perhaps I just got a defective unit.

Old Post May-16-2012 04:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I've had my 6GB iRiver e10 player for like 4 years or something, still works fine

Old Post May-16-2012 06:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

I've almost never had problems with samsung products, and whenever I did, they'd allow me to just ship it back to them so they could fix it for free, regardless of how old and worn the product was, or whether I had a warranty. I guess they stopped doing this

Old Post May-16-2012 11:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

I have good previous experiences with Samsung as well. My DVD player and TV are both Samsung and work fine. I think I just got a dud...

Old Post May-16-2012 12:41  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've had a tiny, 8gb Creative player for about three years. It has so many flaws and faults I can't even remember how a normal MP3 player is supposed to work, but it hasn't broken yet (even though it occasionally crashes).

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-16-2012 13:57  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

i've been using my ipod for more than a year now, still no problems

Old Post May-16-2012 14:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

Old Post May-16-2012 14:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My first mp3 player ever, and it breaks the day I buy it
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Precision ID [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE.N.E.R.G.Y. - Party Time (M.I.K.E. Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread