Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

Spooky. I came to this forum tonight to pose the question:

Can someone tell me how much difference the gold plating makes on the plug of the 7506s, as opposed to the standard plug on the V6s?

What do I find? The very last post posted (above by Tony Morello) states an answer to my question. Wierd.

Does anyone else have any input on this?

I assume i am correct in stating that these cans use the exact same drivers and the only difference is the gold plated plug....?

Cheers

Jarv

Old Post Nov-09-2006 21:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hooj1
Back from the dead

quote:
Originally posted by Jarvmeister
Spooky. I came to this forum tonight to pose the question:

Can someone tell me how much difference the gold plating makes on the plug of the 7506s, as opposed to the standard plug on the V6s?

What do I find? The very last post posted (above by Tony Morello) states an answer to my question. Wierd.

Does anyone else have any input on this?

I assume i am correct in stating that these cans use the exact same drivers and the only difference is the gold plated plug....?

Cheers

Jarv

yea, the difference is the plug. its only about 20 bucks more. its a tiny difference, but nothing you can tell when playing out on a loud system.

i've gone through 4 pairs of cans throughout the years and the 7506s are the best i've had. the senns are a close second. i really enjoy the confort of the 7506s, esp. when i'm playing for more than 2 hours

Old Post Nov-10-2006 07:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hooj1 Click here to Send hooj1 a Private Message Add hooj1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

i even use my 7506's at work doing radio production, my promos are sounding great on the studio monitors when i'm listening afterwards

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Old Post Nov-10-2006 08:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

On the strengths of the glowing reviews i've read on these cans I've just ordered a pair.

£97 including delivery - and given how I found hardly ANYONE selling them in the UK I think thats a good price.

Jarv

Old Post Nov-12-2006 23:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Michael May
Supreme tranceaddict

I ordered a pair too. Can't go wrong for the price! Too many good reveiws on them.

Mike

Old Post Nov-13-2006 02:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael May Click here to Send Michael May a Private Message Add Michael May to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

Got mine today.

I concur - they are an aural treat.

Jarv

Old Post Nov-20-2006 22:04 
Clovis
techno jungle shit

They take about a week to break in and then its smooth sailing!

I'm buying another pair soon cause I broke the jack on mine trying to rip it out of the socket like a dumbass

Old Post Nov-20-2006 23:29  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J:\Digital

I bought a pair of these this weekend... impulse buy, they didn't have the V6s in store (plus a can of coke exploded on my last pair of V6s) so this purchase was sorta needed...

PS: No, Tony, I didn't buy them because I think they are better... Before you say anything... LOL

Old Post Nov-21-2006 01:48 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital
I bought a pair of these this weekend... impulse buy, they didn't have the V6s in store (plus a can of coke exploded on my last pair of V6s) so this purchase was sorta needed...

PS: No, Tony, I didn't buy them because I think they are better... Before you say anything... LOL

Ya but now yer rollin on gold plated jacks nukka!

BIG PIMPIN!

Old Post Nov-21-2006 02:25  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital

BIG PIMPIN!

Old Post Nov-21-2006 02:25  France
skip
a.k.a. skip2

quote:
Originally posted by Clovis
They take about a week to break in and then its smooth sailing!

I'm buying another pair soon cause I broke the jack on mine trying to rip it out of the socket like a dumbass

why don't you buy the part you broke and fix them? that's why they come with the "explosion diagram" with the parts numbers and all.

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Nov-21-2006 05:11  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J:\Digital

quote:
Originally posted by Clovis

BIG PIMPIN!

Only way to roll....

Old Post Nov-21-2006 05:30 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback**Pure Chesse Tune** (Sample Inside) [2003] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAce Da Brain - Dance With The Sun (Original Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread