Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Anyone else in the GTA going to Niagara Falls for the eclipse?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ali92
Supreme tranceaddict

Question Anyone else in the GTA going to Niagara Falls for the eclipse?

This will be my first time in Ontario, 6th time visiting Canada in total. I will be spending most of my trip (the 4th to 9th) in Toronto, with only the 8th itself at Niagara Falls to see this thing. Where will most people be observing from? I will be staying in the Old Toronto area, according to Google Maps. What sort of food is considered the signature food of Toronto? We Philadelphians have our cheesesteaks. IIRC Montreal has poutine (I really enjoyed that last summer in Quebec City & Montreal), right?

Are any venues playing trance these days up there? I imagine the scene must have changed since COVID. Also about music considering the eclipse, besides Nicki French - Total Eclipse of the Heart (1995 - my fav version of this one), maybe some of you remember this gem by Apoptygma Berzerk - Eclipse (2000, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFO_-F-dzlc )? I owned the CD since May 2000 and always wanted to play this track when headed to a total solar eclipse.

Old Post Mar-28-2024 02:14  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for ali92 Click here to Send ali92 a Private Message Add ali92 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Niagara Falls will be disappointing. Not the falls themselves.
Traditional Toronto food was a peameal bacon sandwich, you can still find it at st Lawrence market. It’s not that good though. Recommend you trying some ethnic food tbh. Toronto has some of the better Indian/Chinese, etc outside of the respective countries. Been into Malaysian lately, decent Ethiopian as well.

Old Post Mar-28-2024 15:06  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Yeah I'd go for some Dim Sum, Izakaya, or Korean BBQ. Omnomnomnom. There's no shortage of incredible ethnic foods of ALL kinds in TO.

Not trance but Lee Burridge and DJ Seinfeld both have gigs in TO April 5.

Old Post Mar-28-2024 18:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ali92
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Niagara Falls will be disappointing. Not the falls themselves.
Traditional Toronto food was a peameal bacon sandwich, you can still find it at st Lawrence market. It’s not that good though. Recommend you trying some ethnic food tbh. Toronto has some of the better Indian/Chinese, etc outside of the respective countries. Been into Malaysian lately, decent Ethiopian as well.

I am aware Niagara Falls as in the town is a small place - nothing like Toronto - hence why I am spending only the 8th itself there, specifically to experience the totality there (Toronto is just outside of the totality zone).

Old Post Mar-29-2024 00:21  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for ali92 Click here to Send ali92 a Private Message Add ali92 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

If the 8th isn’t on a weekend it might be okay, but yea just brace yourself for overcrowding and if it’s on the weekend you’ll have awful traffic the whole way down. Enjoy your stay!

Old Post Mar-29-2024 03:23  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Alright here’s the scoop with Toronto food. Tons of variety and all of it decent. However, Toronto doesn’t do one thing very well. Everything is decent, or slightly above average.

Old Post Mar-29-2024 14:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hot&Cold
tranceaddict in training

Nigeria will never fall.

Old Post Apr-06-2024 14:32  Nigeria
Click Here to See the Profile for Hot&Cold Click here to Send Hot&Cold a Private Message Add Hot&Cold to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Anyone else in the GTA going to Niagara Falls for the eclipse?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID this track.... [2005] [11]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackallure- the love we lost [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread