Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

Randy punches against the cage. Rashad looked asleep.

I'm so tired of wrestlers winning by hugging.

Old Post May-30-2010 20:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

quote:
Originally posted by stevebutabi
Was randy more active in the clinch than rashad or something, or was he just receiving preferential treatment?

Aside from the third round of Couture-Vera, Randy was definitely less active than Rashad in the clinch. I don't know if it's preferential treatment or just incompetence, but the officials are woefully inconsistent when it comes to breaking up clinches.

A week ago at Strikeforce Challengers on Showtime there was a great fight between Tyrone Woodley and Nathan Coy, but in the second round Coy kept clinching Woodley up against the cage and was working him over with strikes to the body and knees to Woodley's thighs, but the dumb referee would only ever give Coy about 20-30 seconds before he'd break up the clinch even though Coy was repeatedly landing powerful strikes from the position. Coy ended up losing a split decision because two judges scored the second round for Woodley...

So in all likelihood the referee cost Coy the biggest win of his career, and who knows what else down the line since that loss might be the difference between Coy being able to afford to train full time and having to keep holding down a regular job to pay his bills. This kind of thing happens all the time and it's ridiculous.

Personally, I wasn't keen on the break-ups that we saw in the Evans-Rampage fight--maybe we were going to need them anyway, but I thought they were a little early, and it seemed like the referee was letting the crowd affect his decisions--but on the other hand we definitely should have had more break-ups in the Couture-Vera fight, because you shouldn't let a guy just stall the way Randy was at times.

As for the rest of the fight, what stood out to me was that Rampage was doing the same thing he did against Jardine and Forrest which led to him looking pretty inert and ineffective against them: he was just standing there, not engaging, and waiting for an opportunity to launch a big counterpunch. I don't really know what he's thinking because he used to be a much more dynamic fighter who could stand at a distance and box while still being aggressive, or could move inside and bust guys up in the clinch, or even slam them on their head and then work some ground and pound. But these days, all he seems to want to do is sit back and wait for the chance to uncork one big counterpunch, and as long as he keeps doing that, he's going to keep turning in disappointing performances like he did last night.

All in all, I thought it was a great night of fights, and I made bank betting on some of those underdogs too.

Old Post May-30-2010 20:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

Damn, I thought Rampage had Rashad in the 3rd round, too. But alas, he never finished him.

Rampage looked a bit slow and rusty out there. It was obvious he hadn't fought in a while.

Old Post May-30-2010 20:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
Damn, I thought Rampage had Rashad in the 3rd round, too. But alas, he never finished him.

Rampage looked a bit slow and rusty out there. It was obvious he hadn't fought in a while.

Like I said before...

If only he would've connected those three hits...

He was bouncing off of Rashad's shoulder every time...

I think that they were both equally afraid of each other hence the uneventful stand up...

Oh well.. Rematch hopefully...

How about 7 second guy getting knocked out all of a sudden???

LOL so fitting.

Old Post May-31-2010 02:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Duffee is a fucking moron.

He deserved to get knocked the fuck out. Joe Rogan called it in the 2nd round "Its funny when the hype meets reality." Duff was just exploding over and over trying to knock Ros out, he should have figured after the 1st round it wasn't going to happen. Then of course he wears the fuck down and gets knocked the fuck out. Well played.

Evans was going to pull it, and i knew it. Smarts beats anger, and Rampage went for broke on the last attack trying to finish. Thanks to Rash my Vegas weekend was paid for. You cant blame the wrestler, he just outsmarted Rampage. GSP is the wrestling queen, yet everyone has his meat in their mouth. You guys seriously wanted to see 5 rounds? Rampage would have just fallen on his back and given up exhausted in the 5th lol

Sanchez hurt my feelings, I thought he was going to do better. But in reality he doesn't belong with those bigger guys. He isnt Penn that can go up and down. I am still a Sanchez fan, but i want him to get back into his groove and stop bullshiting his own hype.

Bisping is the only one that didn't disappoint in my opinion. I cant wait to see him evolve a little more...

Speaking of Vegas, i ran into Clay Guida at the Palms. Man, what a stand up guy. I spoke to him for a solid 15mins and towards the end i felt comfortable with him and I asked to see the gash Florian left him. He smiled and said "You're the second person this weekend that wanted to see that." Then, he lifted his fro and showed me the gash. I wanted to pull out my iPhiz and snap a pic, but I didn't want to go down to that level of tackyness.

I also saw the Korean Zombie walking around with his handler, they were both still wearing his own shirt. Really? Suck your own cock why don't you? What a bunch of dildos, srsly.

Old Post Jun-02-2010 18:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

Wearing your own shirt at a fan expo doesn't seem like anything but promotion. lol

Old Post Jun-02-2010 18:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Ya...but this was on Sunday, the day after at the blackjack tables. So ya, kinda douchey lol

Old Post Jun-02-2010 18:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

I can understand that.

Just seems to me that no one knew who he was before that fight, nor do many people remember his name. Whenever someone sees "The Korean Zombie" on his shirt, they would either go "oh shit that's that guy!" or "SO YOU SAW THE FIGHT TOO!"

Win for him either way aside from the people that think he's trying to say that he's the shit

Old Post Jun-03-2010 21:09  United States
Renzo
where am i

Never saw this.

Old Post Jun-11-2010 09:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

I think Rich will win. I think Pat Berry will win (even though Mirko will try to take him down), and war carlos!

Old Post Jun-11-2010 13:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

Never saw this.

He apparently was sick that day, and downed some HARD cold medicine before going out there. Horrible idea. lol

I'm calling Chuck and Pat Barry on this one

Old Post Jun-11-2010 13:29  United States
Zombie0729
Supreme tranceaddict

they make pat barry look like a machine in the online preview but his wikipedia is less than impressive and i can't find many matches online. he's got that intensity that i feel cro cop lacks lately : / i won't be around to watch it but if someone puts up a feed let me know

Old Post Jun-11-2010 16:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zombie0729 Add Zombie0729 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMax Graham GDJB 08-23-2004 ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSystem F - "Ignition Sequence Start" (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread