Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

Very, very well-said. While you're not my favorite DJ, I now have a lot of respect for you, as I agree with everything you said. Opinions are opinions, and it's nice to see you feel the same way.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

Re: A Message from Markus Schulz

quote:
Originally posted by markusschulz

Lately the boards have really taken a turn for the worst. I am not sure if it is just from a noisy few members or what, but it really has made the board feel unfriendly and uncomfortable to read at times. I certainly don’t think censorship of any kind is acceptable, however I think its time for the moderators of the forums to get things under control here.

Markus Schulz

Interesting perspective. Before I opine please explain this statement Mr.Schulz with a few examples to help strengthen your arguement.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:35  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Elyot
Havarti > Gouda

When people get too noisy, annoying, or loudmouthed, I turn around, I walk away, but you won't see me cry.

By the way, your music is great, and I really think you've done some great things for the community. You're probably one of the reasons guys like Vadim Zhukov got famous.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Elyot Click here to Send DJ_Elyot a Private Message Add DJ_Elyot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Radagast
BANNED FOR LIFE!

A trance dj saying he's good friends with another trance dj isn't exactly the most profound statement ever.

Hey everyone, it's ass kissing time.

With our electronic rhythms and the Armageddon Bass

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Radagast Click here to Send Radagast a Private Message Add Radagast to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
flavdave
The Quiet Beatle

*waits for thread to grow to 293028973498732493274932874 pages*

I'm glad Markus was able to overcome his hesitation to post here, unfortunately it was under the circumstances where a lot of negative things had been said that were uncalled for. Markus (and other DJs/producers who visit TA), I hope you guys and gals realize that people say hateful shit on the internet all the time because they know they can't always get away with that in real life. Just brush them off and keep doing what you do. Listen to the praise from your fans and take the constructive criticism from others as you wish. But don't let a few assholes bring you down and keep you from sharing with the community we got going on here. As my main man Ali G says, "Respek."

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for flavdave Click here to Send flavdave a Private Message Add flavdave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
olafbj
Audioholic

Location: I Come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

quote:
Originally posted by A.J.
Well said, mate.

I certainly agree with you on a lot of points. People may have different tastes in music, and they may think that certain artists or genres are rubbish, but that is no reason to openly criticise people personally because of the music that they like.

I think that a criticism is a good thing and it is needed, when it is done constructively, but one line insults and put-downs aren't helping anyone.

It's just music people, ENJOY IT!

Cheers,

AJ

well said .. if all persons had the same music taste, the music would be .. well all the same thank god that´s not the thing, and therefor we have this wide range af music. though I am a huge EDM person (been listening to EDM since ´88), i can´t listen to edm 24/7 365 ... mix it up. the thing is that peoples taste in music is as different and diverse as the persons them selfs. but let them enjoy their music, insted of bashing all the time "you suck", "tiesto sucks" etc ... what is a "ch00n" for you might suck to them and vice versa

some things are just better unsaid ... silence is golden

Last edited by olafbj on Oct-26-2004 at 23:47

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:41  Iceland
Click Here to See the Profile for olafbj Click here to Send olafbj a Private Message Add olafbj to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
D-res
Hangin from Sagan's uvula

great post markus! i can agree with you completely. everytime i see a flame war break out or end up getting involved in one, i think, what is this... itsnt i all about the music anyway? i think every TA here knows that and since we all share that common bond of EDM i think the greater majority of us respect each and every other person out there on these boards for that very reason. whether they agree or disagree with my opinions, at the end of the day, we still have the same type of music blaring out of our speakers. oh yeah... and GDJB rocks. keep it going markus. i listen every sunday night and still lovin it. keep up the great work man!!

ps... keep postin!

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for D-res Click here to Send D-res a Private Message Add D-res to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

Markus,

I respect and admire your work you have done as a DJ. I repsect and admire the role your show ,GDJB ,has acheived for the dance music community. You are a class act.

However, I repect and admire your character even more after you have decide to post and exchange your ideas with the trance community here today.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:45  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

I am awaiting a response from Mr.Schulz before I write a response.

Please eloborate on your comments Markus.

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:47  Italy
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

quote:
Originally posted by Radagast
A trance dj saying he's good friends with another trance dj isn't exactly the most profound statement ever.

Hey everyone, it's ass kissing time.

Maybe not but what he IS saying is that we can disagree with someone without resorting to being childish and immature about talking about something. Like he said, it's about respect. Simple as that. Saying he's good friends with another trance dj may not be "the most profound statement ever" but it does show how even though they might have disagreements as Markus posted earlier about how music should be made or how they may not like their particular brand of music, it's about respect to that artist. As for ass kissing time?

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:49  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
olafbj
Audioholic

Location: I Come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
Markus,

I respect and admire your work you have done as a DJ. I repsect and admire the role your show ,GDJB ,has acheived for the dance music community. You are a class act.

However, I repect and admire your character even more after you have decide to post and exchange your ideas with the trance community here today.

nice one dave .. this is a true 180° from the posts I read from you in another forum here

kudos 2 U pal

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:51  Iceland
Click Here to See the Profile for olafbj Click here to Send olafbj a Private Message Add olafbj to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Creamfields23
Bunga Bunga alliance

/edit:

Big Cut:

OMG Talking about blowing things up! I've just read the things that started this thread. I have to agree with the fact that the is forum taking a wrong turn but,

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Tranceaddict is meant to be independent and will always be

Nuff said

Last edited by Creamfields23 on Oct-27-2004 at 00:26

Old Post Oct-26-2004 23:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Creamfields23 Click here to Send Creamfields23 a Private Message Add Creamfields23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease help me ID this tune Danny Howells dropped in NYC this year [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tiësto - "Sparkles" (Transa Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread