Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Fat shaming
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Gaining just ten pounds feels so bloody uncomfortable for me, I can't imagine two, three, four or more times that. That's how I know chronic fatness is some kind of sickness, because nobody wants to feel that way. It is miserable at even ten pounds overweight. I actually rarely even step on the scale, I just go by how my clothes fit and how I feel.

There is so much poison in our society, from the beauty industry, the diet and weight loss industry, the nutrition industry, etc. I believe that these influences have clouded people's ability to eat and move (exercise) intuitively. Like how hard is it to know when you just don't feel well and energized, and that your clothes don't fit or feel right? How have people come to ignore their own sense about things or not be in tune with it at all? It's so fucked.

Old Post Jan-06-2019 22:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

Re: Fat shaming

quote:
Originally posted by CharlieJones
Would you just stay silent if someone you care about was progressively getting larger and larger with the associated health risks?

What makes you think they don't know?

I gained and then lost 22 kilos in the last 4 years, peaking at 94 kilos, and I'm back to 72 kilos now (158 pounds, down from 207). I knew quite well I was gaining weight, but I had injured my foot (so I couldn't run as I used to) and I could only write my thesis on copious amounts of sugar.

I knew full well I looked like a balloon, and by no means did I fall pray to "fat logic" thinking it was all right. If anything, it was bloody annoying when I got back to my old gym-attending ways and some people assumed I was a convert after a life of obesity and Doritos. I knew they meant well though, so I let it slide, and I'm slim again.

I always thought "fat shaming" is a sham though, so I can't say anything about that in detail.

Old Post Jan-06-2019 22:42  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

Re: Re: Fat shaming

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I always thought "fat shaming" is a sham though, so I can't say anything about that in detail.

I never thought Id see the day Lira at loss for words

Old Post Jan-07-2019 03:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

are you skinny b/c you chase after kids everyday???

also,

if your lust for children was measured in weight how fat do you think you'd be????
my guess is you'd have a whole season of my 600lb life

Old Post Jan-07-2019 03:50  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Old Post Jan-07-2019 11:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

In my experience weight gain tends to be a symptom of a problem rather than the problem itself. If you want to help someone to be healthier shaming them for being fat isn't the way to go. You have to look into why they are putting on weight. Are they depressed thereby putting on weight from a combination of comfort eating and a lack of initiative (resulting in a sedentary life style or inability to motivate themselves to take corrective action) or because they are a glutton deriving a pleasure from eating too much or the wrong things or is it any number of other reasons. The answer to that question will dictate how best to help them. There is no point in making a depressed person feel badly about themselves, that will just compound the problem; however, that same action could prove to be of benefit for someone who is simply gluttonous. My own weight issues were driven by depression (I once weighed nearly 300 lbs, now I'm 175). I can tell you with certainty that addressing the depression was absolutely necessary before I could motivate myself to address the weight issue, irrespective of what people around me may have been telling me with respect to the weight... since I didn't see myself as being of any value what I looked like or how much I may be hastening my own death didn't matter in the least.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Jan-07-2019 12:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I spent maybe 3 years of my 20's in semi-decent shape, but the rest of that time was spent fluctuating up and down. Having been a national level competitive swimmer throughout high school only to suddenly retire, it left me with a desire to let it all hang out. I continued my voracious appetite without the calorie burn behind it. The freshman 15 was no stranger to me, nor was the sophomore and junor 10's. By the time I hit my senior year I was 200 lbs. I did P90X and got back down to 155 but that didn't last long before I was back up to the deuce.

It was only until a recent trip to the doctor where he revealed that my cholesterol was high and triglycerides were extremely high that the reality sunk in. I simply can't eat whatever I want and expect to be healthy. I am in better shape now than I have been in years and it's because I wake my ass up at 5am nearly every morning and ride the bike trainer, go for a run, swim, lift weights, or a combination. I also eat healthy, whole ingredients and have ditched soda completely. Being healthy requires significant planning and effort in today's convenience built society. It's easy as fuck to roll out of bed and drag my fat ass to work but if I want to live to see my grandkids then I need to put in the work to keep my body healthy. The two fatties that sit across from me at work get McDonald's every single fucking day and it makes me fucking sick.

That said, the culture of fat shaming kinda goes about it in the wrong way. Ripping into a fat person is only going to discourage them and they will probably eat more just to quell the pain of hearing those words. Educating and motivating them is more along the lines of what needs to be done, but framing it in a way that doesn't make them hate themselves. Making fun of fat people in the gym is hilariously counterproductive and just toxic all the way around.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Last edited by ziptnf on Jan-07-2019 at 12:57

Old Post Jan-07-2019 12:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Remember the days when there was only ONE fat kid in school, and everyone made fun of that guy? Now all the kids are fat. WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MAKE FUN OF NOW??

Old Post Jan-07-2019 13:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

Drake, possibly?

Old Post Jan-07-2019 14:53  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Pfft, already been making fun of him for years.

Old Post Jan-07-2019 14:58 
ziptnf
Programming your future

The 90's were really miserable for the American diet. I know a lot of the obesity epidemic falls on Americans (we're #1 woo!) but it's rampant elsewhere too. Brazil's obesity rate is growing rapidly along with countries like Mexico and the United Kingdom.

Health industries are growing in the United States as well, promoting more sensible eating and exercise, and it's starting to catch on to some degree. But for every 1 fit person there are like 10 fat people. Eating healthy can get expensive and most middle class families just don't have the knowledge equipped to produce moderate and healthy home cooked meals. It's really not hard, but people get so ingrained in their routines eating fast food and watching TV that they pass it onto their children so the cycle continues and now we have fat fucking kids too. What a waste.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-07-2019 15:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Heh, relevant in the news today. Exactly what I was talking about.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...no-diet-at-all/

Old Post Jan-07-2019 15:34 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Fat shaming
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread