Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Soundcloud may be forced to close due to $44m losses!
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
aquila
Supreme Pantsaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie
So fuck soundcloud, they don't bring jack shit to the table

Agreed. There's little reason to use them now except for click-whoring.

Old Post Oct-02-2016 08:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
Soundcloud is dead
- it's not another destination for A list artists
- nobody is interested listening to hobbyists, certainly not paying for them
- they gave their marketshare to bandcamp and others for selling independantly.

So fuck soundcloud, they don't bring jack shit to the table

Disagree. I follow tons of guys creating awesome bootlegs. Soundcloud is their only semi-safe-haven. These guys have tons of tracks on Soundcloud, yet only single digit amounts on Spotify (and others). That's pretty much the only thing Soundcloud is good for though, and mixes, but I don't listen to those much. So it would only work in niche setting I guess.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Oct-06-2016 08:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
Disagree. I follow tons of guys creating awesome bootlegs. Soundcloud is their only semi-safe-haven. These guys have tons of tracks on Soundcloud, yet only single digit amounts on Spotify (and others). That's pretty much the only thing Soundcloud is good for though, and mixes, but I don't listen to those much. So it would only work in niche setting I guess.
that's what I mean, hobbyists, not relevant, how much are you spending on Soundcloud? Jack shit right?!?

Old Post Oct-06-2016 11:05  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
that's what I mean, hobbyists, not relevant, how much are you spending on Soundcloud? Jack shit right?!?

Well, those people have tens of thousands of followers, quite a few well beyond 100k. They earn a living because of these bootlegs. I would hardly call them hobbyists like myself.

I still spend the monthly tenner. Used to have 2 accounts, scraped one.

But as said, I think they will just continue to serve a niche (or multiple) without any real relevance on a larger scale.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
-Frasier

Old Post Oct-07-2016 05:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

You mean they bought followers

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
Well, those people have tens of thousands of followers, quite a few well beyond 100k. They earn a living because of these bootlegs. I would hardly call them hobbyists like myself.

I still spend the monthly tenner. Used to have 2 accounts, scraped one.

But as said, I think they will just continue to serve a niche (or multiple) without any real relevance on a larger scale.

Old Post Oct-07-2016 17:18  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Well, Spotify just backed out of the deal. Pack your bags, everyone.

Old Post Dec-09-2016 09:22  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

No more copyright claims on Mixes..

http://mixmag.net/read/soundcloud-m...ms-anymore-news

Old Post Dec-12-2016 16:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SystematicX1
No more copyright claims on Mixes..

http://mixmag.net/read/soundcloud-m...ms-anymore-news

Wow. "oh look, spotify drop out" and suddenly within 48 hours copyright infringements are thing of the past;

The timing of that is REALLY suspect. It would appear to me that they already had the ability or terms not to enforce copyright, but probably any investor (i.e. spotify or VC firm) wouldn't have wanted to inherit a copyright clusterfuck.

Now they have to make it on their own merits, they're finally happy to open up the platform.

Old Post Dec-12-2016 18:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Supreme Pantsaddict

Well now, according to this article on Apple Insider, the launch of Soundcloud Go allegedly "surged" the company's annual revenue by 43%.

Sensational. Or bullshit. I can't tell as I can't seem to find any official source.

I'm still not renewing my pro account yet though.

Old Post Dec-12-2016 20:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

I'm quite pissed off. Filed a copyright report against UMG for wrongfully publishing my music. Soundcloud doesn't do anything. Just getting a standard reply saying a new profile was created because of the Soundcloud Go service, dismissing the complaint itself entirely. They (UMG or whatever label 'granted' them rights) don't have IP on the music, I have. All contracts regarding these tracks are void since 2010

quote:
-Frasier

Last edited by Storyteller on Dec-13-2016 at 13:38

Old Post Dec-13-2016 12:51  Netherlands
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

A note from Alex Ljung

Eric and I founded SoundCloud nearly 10 years ago as we saw a need for something that would enable artists to share and connect through music. As we hovered together back in 2008 to push the button that would make SoundCloud live for the entire world, we had no idea the impact our, then tiny, platform would have on the future of music culture, and millions of listeners and artists around the globe.

In the competitive world of music streaming, we’ve spent the last several years growing our business, and more than doubled our revenue in the last 12 months alone. However, we need to ensure our path to long-term, independent success. And in order to do this, it requires cost cutting, continued growth of our existing advertising and subscription revenue streams, and a relentless focus on our unique competitive advantage — artists and creators.

With more focus and a need to think about the long term, comes tough decisions. Today, after careful and painful consideration, we took the difficult step to let go of 173 SoundCloud staffers and consolidated the team into two offices: Berlin and New York. We are extremely grateful for the contributions of each and every staff member who will be leaving SoundCloud, and we wish all of them the best. Without them, we would not be where we are today.

By reducing our costs and continuing our revenue growth, we’re on our path to profitability and in control of SoundCloud’s independent future.

So what does this mean for SoundCloud? The SoundCloud platform listeners and artists love will remain available in more than 190 countries globally. SoundCloud will continue to be the place for what’s new, now and next in music, powered by the world’s most diverse music community. I look forward to sharing more about our future plans in the weeks and months ahead.

Alex

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/07/06/note-alex-ljung/

Old Post Jul-07-2017 00:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

What the hell did they need that many employees for to begin with?

Old Post Jul-07-2017 03:22  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Soundcloud may be forced to close due to $44m losses!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMayby Only God Knows What It Is :( - Sample [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKern Kraft 400 - "Zombie Nation" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread