Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [Marathon mix] Theme Challenge 4 (COMPLETE)
Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Wow my whole post got deleted.. only the mix was irrelevant.

Newb djs, pft, hate em.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I deleted his mix.

Juan, don't post your fucking mixes here, this thread is a TA challenge that you're not a part of.

If you want to listen to and comment on other people's challenge mixes as they're posted, feel free to do so, otherwise stay the fuck out of this thread.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

ban me please this place is so fucking dead without any real talent.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Please confirm that you want me to ban you.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:43  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Please do, this place doesn't really exist anymore.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:43  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

See, I'd like to go with a bang.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:44  United States
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Ok, done.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:45  Australia
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Arf. I don't mix in key? You must be utterly tone deaf Juan, and the only time you know if something is harmonic is when the computer tells you so.

Anyway, don't say you weren't warned.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Oct-19-2018 at 11:24

Old Post Oct-18-2018 21:46  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Wtf??

I guess I should have seen that shit coming.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Oct-18-2018 22:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

I'm really thankful that there is quite a lenient time limit on this, as truthfully I haven't started listening to others or mixing mine yet. The only time I've been able to find lately is keeping my dnb show on a somewhat regular schedule. Fret not - if I say I'm going to do something, I will do it.

Just a FYI Jack, I can't download your Part 3... it's giving me some sort of script error.

And Wotyzoid, your DL link seems to have expired.

Once fixed I'll finish off the DLs and give them a listen throughout next week.

Old Post Oct-18-2018 23:38 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

To me there is no time limit on this mix until next summer when we start another one. If you haven't done the previous mix and are signing up for a new one I probably won't let you

Anyway RE: Juan's point on harmonic mixing, I've never found it a priority for a couple reasons. There isn't really enough good psytrance to build up a fully keyed library, and the energy is too varied between tracks so that even if they are keyed properly, they may not match in the context of the set. Not a terrible question at the onset but then he went over the deep end with a bunch of "noob" insults

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Oct-19-2018 12:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It was a stupid question from someone who hadn't even heard your set and wanted to sound his own trumpet. Some styles suit long harmonic blends and some really don't. The kind of psy you play isn't arranged or structured for long blends, even if you do key mix. From the glimpse I caught of his set, it was all old style prog-psy, the proggiest possible style of psy, which you mix essentially like any other prog.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-19-2018 13:49  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [Marathon mix] Theme Challenge 4 (COMPLETE)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread