Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Paul Joseph Watson
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zharen
Put down the plate

Paul Joseph Watson

Found this kind of interesting from a European perspective

Do you agree? You think we're living in the decline of Western Civilization? Or is he just bitter?

Old Post Apr-03-2019 01:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

I highly recommend reading Factfulness. I used to be as pessimistic as the next guy, but not as much anymore.

The only thing in a state of collapse right now is the planet, and it'll take every civilization inhabiting it to prevent annihilation.

Distorted information is spreading like a wildfire and certainly isn't helping the cause. How does this video help to resolve the issue it addresses?

Like so many Americans today, he sounds disillusioned and channeling that energy into videos that hinder more than help.

(This video isn't exactly a European perspective just because he has an Australian accent.)

Western civilization isn't collapsing. The illusion of the American Dream has, and the effects of it are being televised (in the States) as some sort of global epidemic.

Old Post Apr-03-2019 10:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
(This video isn't exactly a European perspective just because he has an Australian accent.)

Ah, ok.

Your material condition is true.

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:11  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Ah, ok.

Your material condition is true.

Ah, he lives in London. Guess I should've checked that before.

I should've waited until after April 12th (or a later date) to make that statement. He's still a scaremongering twat.

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

He ‘s English not Australian you moron.

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:34 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I should've waited until after April 12th

Britain leaving the EU won't make him non-European or make him develop an Australian accent though

About the video itself: I've heard it quite many times from my more right-aligned friends, that Western civilization is on the brink of collapse, because the Romans also started posting skanky pics on Instagram right before their collapse. Or something like this. Frankly I don't know what to think of anything. Might be the Chinese run us over with galactic homo space tanks before Britain leaves the EU.

Last edited by JEO on Apr-03-2019 at 12:22

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:41  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Britain leaving the EU won't make him non-European or make him develop an Australian accent though

That was my attempt at a joke

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:48 
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh.. Well

Old Post Apr-03-2019 11:49  Finland
Jon_Snow

There’s no denying we face many of the problems he listed but they’re not enough to bring down western civilization. Many before him have predicted our demise, I guess if you keep predicting it for long enough you’ll eventually be right.

In my mind global warming presents a more substantial threat. If we ever figure out a solution to GW, I’d hate to see what the world would turn into when we run out of fossil fuels. We probably will be driving around in the desert with make shift vehicles and Australian accents trying to kill each other.

Old Post Apr-03-2019 12:17 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

Oh, you mean this Paul Joseph Watson?

quote:
As editor-at-large of Jones' website InfoWars.com he helped promote fake news[11] and conspiracy theories such as the claim that 9/11 was an inside job, the chemtrail conspiracy theory, the New World Order and the Illuminati.

quote:
At a White House press briefing in November 2018, persistent questioning of President Trump led to an intern attempting to take a microphone from the hand of CNN's Jim Acosta. Acosta's White House press credentials were subsequently revoked, allegedly for having "put his hands" on the intern. Watson uploaded an edited version of the original footage in support of this claim. In this version, zoom and frame rate changes create the misleading impression that Acosta had behaved aggressively towards the intern. Watson confirmed that he had applied a zoom and denied making any other alterations, though expert analysis confirmed that "the clip repeats several frames that do not appear in the original footage" and that it had been sped up. The video has generally been described as 'doctored', though some experts concluded that the changes do not necessarily represent deliberate manipulation but could be the result of artefacts resulting from accidental degradation during processing. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders pointed to the video that Watson posted as clearly documenting Acosta's "inappropriate behaviour." The White House was robustly criticised for sharing a doctored video and thereby spreading "actual fake news" rather than using the original footage. A subsequent court ruling found that the action against Acosta was unconstitutional on due process grounds.

Yeah, seems like the kind of guy who can think critically and make fact-based points/analyses without having to modify said evidence to fit his own worldview. I'd totally trust him.

quote:
Originally posted by Zharen
Or is he just bitter?

I mean...

quote:
Presently their commentary is mainly focused on criticizing feminism, Islam, and left-wing politics.

quote:
He has accused Tesco of "erasing" Christmas from their stores, implying that they were participating in the so-called war on Christmas.

quote:
Iman Abou Atta, the director of the anti-Islamophobia group Tell MAMA, has said that "Paul Joseph Watson has become 'the' nexus for anti-Muslim accounts that we have mapped...He has become an influencer in promoting information—much of it bizarre and untrue—which has been regurgitated by anti-Muslim and anti-migrant accounts time and time again."

quote:
He has labelled Muslim culture as "horrific" and declared that it produces mass rape, "Islamic ghettos" and the destruction of Western culture. Watson has said that the western world needs "Islam control" rather than gun control, and has stated that there is "violent oppression of gays and Christians in the Middle East".

quote:
In 2017, he attacked the BBC for "portraying Roman Britain as ethnically diverse", after the broadcaster included a black Roman centurion in an educational cartoon. His assertions were contradicted by professional historians and classicists, citing "overwhelming" evidence that Roman Britain was ethnically diverse.

Last edited by idoru on Apr-04-2019 at 17:13

Old Post Apr-04-2019 16:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think the whole idea of "Western Civilisation" as some kind of distinct entity is a quaint myth in this globalised era. The West has spent the last two centuries bulldozing over every other culture on the planet until everywhere is largely interchangeable, and yet when you get the inevitable flip-side of that - large-scale immigration and diversification of Western nations - you get nostalgic conservative dickheads claiming that we're being invaded and corrupted. So in that sense, Western civilisation can only be seen as "collapsing" as a direct backwash of us ruining every other culture on Earth first.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-04-2019 18:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Lira, can you come in here and tell Jack he is wrong and that there is a big difference between Western Liberalism and Eastern Centrism etc.; I'm too tired to do so myself

Old Post Apr-04-2019 21:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Paul Joseph Watson
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnyone know this tune?? - "They say Im crazy..." [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackChristopher & Raphael Just - "Popper" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread