Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Pete K
Chasing the sun

The MMA thread

I know quite a few on here enjoy MMA.

For anyone that cares..

quote:
Strikeforce announces CBS deal, Emelianenko vs. Rogers airs Nov. 7 on network TV

After months of speculation, Strikeforce today announced it has officially struck a deal with CBS and will begin airing some of its events on the U.S. network.

The first show to air on CBS will feature the long-awaited Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers heavyweight fight, which is slated for Saturday, Nov. 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Showtime Sports will produce a four-fight main card with a broadcasting team of Gus Johnson, Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo.

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) a location and venue have not been determined for the event but should be announced in the next few days.

Additionally, he said Emelianenko vs. Rogers currently is the only fight officially booked for the show.

CBS and Strikeforce's other broadcast partner, Showtime, are both part of the same ownership group. Terms of the CBS-Strikeforce deal were not disclosed.

CBS became the first major U.S. network to televise live mixed martial arts events in 2008, but its deal with EliteXC ended when the promotion collapsed under mounting financial pressures later in the year.

"There's no question this is a sport that is fast becoming a force in popularity and as a business," stated Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Prime Time, CBS Television. "We're excited to be the platform that will enable millions more to see the athlete regarded as the very best in his sport. The No. 1 heavyweight on the most-watched network has a very nice ring to it."

Emelianenko, widely regarded as the sport's top heavyweight fighter, signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce in August. The former longtime PRIDE champion now enters the organization with a 26-fight win streak (with 20 stoppages), including victories over former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia in his two most recent bouts. He had been slated to fight Josh Barnett at "Affliction: Trilogy," but Barnett was denied a license due to a failed drug test, and the Aug. 1 event was scrapped altogether a few days later.

Rogers, meanwhile, enters the contest with a perfect 10-0 record with 10 stoppages. In fact, only one opponent (Abongo Humphrey) lasted more than a round with the Minnesota-based fighter. Most recently, Rogers, who had campaigned for Barnett's slot before the "Trilogy" event was ultimately canceled, scored a stunning 22-second knockout win over former UFC champ Arlovski at a June Strikeforce event in St. Louis.

Old Post Sep-17-2009 20:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xtr3m
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice

November 7 is the anniversary of the October Revolution.

Old Post Sep-17-2009 20:50  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for xtr3m Click here to Send xtr3m a Private Message Visit xtr3m's homepage! Add xtr3m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jupiterone
housin' guide

mirko filipovic, that is all

Old Post Sep-17-2009 21:06  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for jupiterone Click here to Send jupiterone a Private Message Add jupiterone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amp3
tranceaddict

Can't wait! According to mmanews, jake shields, mayhem, and gregard mousassi are all slotted in for the card as well.

Old Post Sep-17-2009 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for amp3 Click here to Send amp3 a Private Message Add amp3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

these shows are great with a lot of fights being finished.

This doesn't seem like a tough fight for Fedor though. :-/

Old Post Sep-18-2009 03:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brahman
Suspended User

UFC

Old Post Sep-18-2009 03:23  Vietnam
Click Here to See the Profile for Brahman Click here to Send Brahman a Private Message Add Brahman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete K
Chasing the sun

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
these shows are great with a lot of fights being finished.

This doesn't seem like a tough fight for Fedor though. :-/

Overeem won't be much better...I wonder if Mousasi will go up in class. he's talked about it in the past.

some gifs from Wednesdays Fight Night.

Old Post Sep-18-2009 13:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StanVoid
more hot pockets!

quote:
Originally posted by xtr3m
Nice

November 7 is the anniversary of the October Revolution.

i bet i know what Fedor's entrance song will be

"soyuuuz ne rushimiyy"

Arpi - Somewhere Else (Stan Void Remix ) [ Neuroscience ] (Out Now)
Forerunners - Dragonfly (Stan Void Remix ) [ Solaris ] (Out Soon)
Stan Void - Transience [ Solaris ] (Out December 2008)
Stan Void - When You Know / Come Play [ Real Music ]
Stan Void - Montavo / A Moment's Definition [ Somatic Sense Vision ]

Old Post Sep-18-2009 14:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StanVoid Click here to Send StanVoid a Private Message Visit StanVoid's homepage! Add StanVoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bamski
snuoq ou

quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
mirko filipovic, that is all

aayeah.

i miss the old days.. vovchanchyn

Old Post Sep-18-2009 14:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for bamski Click here to Send bamski a Private Message Add bamski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

quote:
Originally posted by Pete K

some gifs from Wednesdays Fight Night.

I have no idea how credeur was still standing up.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Sep-19-2009 01:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lenazi
Suspended User

i can't wait until gsp fights again, because even though this card is the one i am looking forward to the most since 100...it still seems thin.

how many times can cro cop lose ffs.

Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
No, but I also don't drink out of a fucking sippy-cup you goddamned Appalachian.

Old Post Sep-19-2009 01:50  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for lenazi Click here to Send lenazi a Private Message Add lenazi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

quote:
Originally posted by lenazi
i can't wait until gsp fights again, because even though this card is the one i am looking forward to the most since 100...it still seems thin.

how many times can cro cop lose ffs.

he's the vlade divac of mma.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Sep-19-2009 01:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID this techno track [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSkynet UK - The Way Of The Waves (Serge Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread