Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Daisy Carnival 2012 .....345000 people
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
I_Am_Vince
aka Invasionmix

Hey guys, so I just got back from EDC and I can honestly say that it is the best party ever! Over 100,000 flock out at night to come into the Las Vegas Speedway, the traffic going there is horrible though, 1-2 hours to drive from the strip to Speedway. However it's enjoyable cause everyone's car is blasting music, they're having mini parties in it, hundreds of cars are painted with "Honk if you're going to EDC", "EDC 2012", etc.

Walking into the Speedway for the first time and getting blown back by the view of all the people and lights, it's literally like a party city inside. With over 200 DJs, it's hard to not find a stage/DJ you don't like, even for the elitists.

The whole experience during EDC is surreal, right when I got there, I met up with my friends who were at the Above and Beyond stage when there was a 20 minute fireworks show, preceded by 6-7 Red Bull parachuters with sparklers strapped to them and doing designs in the sky. The whole place was a visual stimulant. It's hard to get bored in a place like this, when it's HOT dry weather (30-37 degrees), BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE (sexy girls in tiny outfits lol), free carnival rides, free water refill stations, $5 for a beer/water bottle/Powerade, and FREE PARKING.

Here's a clip of Armin on the Sunday on the main stage. He came on after a surprise 30 minute set by Avicii who was on after David Guetta, so he brought his 'A' game coming on after two huge house act in a big house music scene.

I haven't been to Ibiza, so I can't compare anything to it, however I've been to ASOT 550 in Amsterdam with 50,000 people and I must say one day of EDC beats ASOT out of the water. It's amazing to see how many people with colourful outfits walk around the hotels and the strip at 6-7pm getting ready for EDC, it's definitely like our generation's Woodstock. During the day there are several pool parties going on with DJs, like Avicii, Markus Schulz/Ferry Corsten B2B, on the morning after the last night of EDC, Danny T hosted a free pool party with Nicky Romero in my hotel but I was too tired to make it out

Again I reiterate, for those who have never been to Vegas or EDC, you must check it out and experience the whole thing while you're there. Booze and parties go on 24 hours, and there was a lot of PLUR (sorry to make it sound cheesy lol). Also helps that I was celebrating my birthday there and had 35 friends come out

Old Post Jun-14-2012 15:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for I_Am_Vince Click here to Send I_Am_Vince a Private Message Add I_Am_Vince to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
why would it be "IMPOSSIBLE" to play to this crowd? lol biggest records u have, the end.

and why do you "assume the majority" of DJ's have pre-programmed or "pre-planned" sets? where are u getting this from Chung?

Biggest records doesn't mean playing the crowd.. Since there are so many people, you can't really pick out who to judge your set by. Some people might be fist pumping, others wobbling their heads, and some exiting the area. Do you need to cool off the crowd or hammer them till their knees give out. That's what I mean by playing the crowd.

As for pre planned sets: it doesn't have to be start to finish planned... what exact second to bring in a track.. I mean more like, I have an hour set so what 14-18 tracks am I going to play. Having some sort of playlist pre planned can reduce one thing to worry bout when performing to the masses with all the distractions that could come about. The fans expect something epic...its not a crowd of 400 or 4000, but 40000 is a huge expectation

Old Post Jun-14-2012 15:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
why would it be "IMPOSSIBLE" to play to this crowd? lol biggest records u have, the end.

and why do you "assume the majority" of DJ's have pre-programmed or "pre-planned" sets? where are u getting this from Chung?

i think if your set consist of just biggest records your set becomes stale imo anyways, i think if you're playing longer than a 1 hour set you have to build the music somewhere to showcase yourself or your style. If it's just the biggest and the most popular records your set does not differentiate from any other dj that plays the exact same music.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 16:07  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
i think if your set consist of just biggest records your set becomes stale imo anyways, i think if you're playing longer than a 1 hour set you have to build the music somewhere to showcase yourself or your style. If it's just the biggest and the most popular records your set does not differentiate from any other dj that plays the exact same music.

by "biggest records" that means "biggest records to you", not just straight bangers... of course you'd still have to program the set lol jesus

Old Post Jun-14-2012 17:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
its not a crowd of 400 or 4000, but 40000 is a huge expectation

lol

man this thread got sidetracked hard by rambling DJ's

Old Post Jun-14-2012 17:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
lol

man this thread got sidetracked hard by rambling DJ's

It's been a long week... Let's have a beer soon!!

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
by "biggest records" that means "biggest records to you", not just straight bangers... of course you'd still have to program the set lol jesus

agreed, thats the thing though, most of those djs (from the commercial dudes) lack those "programming" skills, all they do is play straight up banger after banger, playing it safe imo

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:54  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

how's this for sidetracked?

quote:
lol

man this thread got sidetracked hard by rambling DJs

fixed

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jun-15-2012 06:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

http://www.lvrj.com/news/edc-attend...-159259335.html

Old Post Jun-17-2012 20:38  Canada
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

"Sometime during the early hours of the festival on Sunday night, her friends said McCaughan began to panic after taking an MDMA pill, more commonly known as Ecstasy - a psychoactive drug with stimulant and hallucinogenic properties that can cause severe anxiety and paranoia."

wtf..

Old Post Jun-17-2012 23:24  Russia
an_an
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

That's really really tragic. WTF are these assholes lacing shit with?

Old Post Jun-17-2012 23:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for an_an Click here to Send an_an a Private Message Add an_an to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
catalinae
Supreme tranceaddict

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comme...g_mdma_looking/

Old Post Jun-18-2012 01:25  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for catalinae Click here to Send catalinae a Private Message Add catalinae to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Daisy Carnival 2012 .....345000 people
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul van Dyk / Takkyu Ishino Tune 2000!!! [2004] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackthrillseekers - synaesthesia [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread