Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-MB
That's the point, maybe they aren't sane and rational, but your too stubborn to think anything else.

I've actively disagreed with several of the same people in this thread you are arguing against. If you weren't so fucking stupid you'd notice I wasn't even arguing against you, but you're accusing me of stubborn bias instead. Congratulations.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-16-2010 01:49  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mehta
Supreme tranceaddict

Lots of great tunes posted in this thread. Ridiculous argument about definitions though!

Old Post Jan-16-2010 02:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mehta Click here to Send mehta a Private Message Add mehta to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Trance-MB, keep your head above water and go to trance.nu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAPQrDNS88

Effective Force - Punishing the Atoms (Paul Van Dyk mix)

Old Post Jan-16-2010 08:24  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

^push - universal nation popped in my mind as Im hearing that joint

Old Post Jan-16-2010 18:12  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've actively disagreed with several of the same people in this thread you are arguing against. If you weren't so fucking stupid you'd notice I wasn't even arguing against you, but you're accusing me of stubborn bias instead. Congratulations.

I know you disagreed with several, because I also did and had the same optinion as you.

You mentioned that you could agree that nowadays trance is close to eurodance without rapping.
I thought you meant eurodance were you left away the rapping and leaving the rest including the often used female vocals. In that case I think eurodance wasn't close to nowadays trance all.
The other option, which I now think you meant, would be eurodance tracks without rap in it, which was made towards the end of the 90's like Lasgo, Milk Inc and The Mackenzie. With that I agree, but you didn't mention end of the 90's or something similar.
It's not strange some of those were close to (todays) trance, actually if you listen to their early tracks like Cream and La Vache of Milk Inc it's obvious why.
It would even be valid to doubt whether they should have been called eurodance IMO.

Another discussion, cause I think that what I did instead of arguing, was about technical differences in equipment in the early-mid 90's vs. equipment available since late 90's.
Number of tracks simultaneously in a track became much more. PC stearing of synthezisers brought many changes (not talking about vst). It was mentioned that this was also possible in early 90's. I didn't answer on that one, but think it's a difference what was technically possible and what in reality was used or available to producers. Most producer didn't have the equipment J.M.J. had. Or the money to buy a shitload of synthesizers and stuff.

IMO non of this sounds totally ridiculous. I always hold in mind I could be wrong about things. I'm not stubborn, but persistent until some good arguments are presented. These good arguments often aren't mentioned. Because of this many discussions over here don't really end.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-16-2010 19:48  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
I know you disagreed with several, because I also did and had the same optinion as you.

So why are you accusing me of stubborn bias? Is it ridiculous double-think on your part, or just plain knee-jerk stupidity? I think you're an idiot because that's how I see you, not because I'm biased against you or towards anyone you argue with.

I'm not indulging you in an actual discussion, because it's like trying to open a fridge door with your dick.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-17-2010 00:27  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

hahaha, great analogy

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post Jan-17-2010 00:46  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
So why are you accusing me of stubborn bias? .

For the reason that you didn't do anything to clear up a possible misinterpretation on your "eurodance without rap is nowadays trance" opinion, probably because you were too busy calling me "stupid, stupid man" and "fucking idiot".

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Jan-17-2010 at 11:56

Old Post Jan-17-2010 11:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smallSHEEP
Haus Addict ;-)

This to me is great example of real (i.e. generic) trance, somewhere between progressive and uplifting but not really either:

It could be said that you require some more psychedelic elements which would be catered for by something like:

Old Post Jan-17-2010 13:58  England
Click Here to See the Profile for smallSHEEP Click here to Send smallSHEEP a Private Message Add smallSHEEP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
For the reason that you didn't do anything to clear up a possible misinterpretation on your "eurodance without rap is nowadays trance" opinion, probably because you were too busy calling me "stupid, stupid man" and "fucking idiot".

Well, seeing you were the only one misinterpreting anything...

Old Post Jan-17-2010 14:03  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Well, seeing you were the only one misinterpreting anything...

If you had read it better you would know that I also was the only one suggesting a misinterpretation. I think I probably misinterpreted it, but that still doesn't mean I really did or that there was plenty of space for misinterpretation. So maybe your ... are a bit early....

Old Post Jan-17-2010 15:31  Netherlands
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
If you had read it better you would know that I also was the only one suggesting a misinterpretation. I think I probably misinterpreted it, but that still doesn't mean I really did or that there was plenty of space for misinterpretation. So maybe your ... are a bit early....

...right.

Old Post Jan-17-2010 17:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown Deep Dish song played in set [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSlam feat Tyrone Visionary Palmer - "Lifetimes" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread