Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

so who is gonna buy the download?
any members that are already member there? seems to work with credits?
also it seems to be vector art and i don't use DTP programs

Old Post Mar-26-2012 05:44  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

I think it'd be both smarter and cooler to do an original work for the art, but obviously that's up to everyone.

Download my song Survive or I'll cut your ass.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 05:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madmuso
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Seandroid
I think it'd be both smarter and cooler to do an original work for the art, but obviously that's up to everyone.

I agree totaly, but so far has anyone who has the ability to do such work here done anything yet? or even started on something?
Not having the exact album title is no biggy, it seems a few people like the above pic so the in house artist can use it as inspiration.

If everyone likes and is happy to use the above art from that site i will join up and buy the high res version, doesnt cost much, but I wont do this until the artwork decision is completely settled. If someone here comes up with some art we can have a vote and it will be settled.

Also, with the title, was thinking about it at work today and just colours on its own to me sounds a little bland, would something like
" Colours- A Trance Journey" work? Or something similar. I dunno. Just a thought about the title.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for madmuso Click here to Send madmuso a Private Message Add madmuso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

Gents, I would really like to keep it basic

So "Colors" (or Colours) 2012
royalties free artwork

Please find agreement on who will do this, otherwise i'll make something myself in Office with WordArt and Paint (and you don't want that)

Things like Journey and stuff sound cheap and cheezy. like the 2.99$ sales CD's no one wants in the basket in front of the till in oyur local supermarket

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:31  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

I'm working on art right now, just making some final changes

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
johncannons1
JDC - J Cannons

what about Colours of TA or just Colours?

TA Colours?

TA Colours 2012?

JDC
JDC Website
JDC Facebook
JDC Soundcloud
J Cannons Facebook
J Cannons Soundcloud

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for johncannons1 Click here to Send johncannons1 a Private Message Visit johncannons1's homepage! Add johncannons1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

I took inspiration from everyone's ideas and came up with this.

Raphie, a full resolution version is available at request.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:47  Canada
johncannons1
JDC - J Cannons

thats nice bro!

JDC
JDC Website
JDC Facebook
JDC Soundcloud
J Cannons Facebook
J Cannons Soundcloud

Old Post Mar-26-2012 06:54  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for johncannons1 Click here to Send johncannons1 a Private Message Visit johncannons1's homepage! Add johncannons1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

can you put the wording in the middle of the circle? and add 2012

maybe take a bit more abstract font as well like "rebirth"

But then Yeah... really nice!!

Old Post Mar-26-2012 07:16  Netherlands
Seandroid
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie
can you put the wording in the middle of the circle? and add 2012

maybe take a bit more abstract font as well like "rebirth"

But then Yeah... really nice!!

Eef not a fan of that font at all.

And I didn't like it in the middle of the circle, I tried it but I thought it looked tacky. It just broke up the elements a little bit and I thought it clashed visually. I like the clean separation of the parts, plus at small sizes (like how it'd be seen on beatport) it looks better outside the centre.

Plus, while an abstract font might be cool, I think readability is more important.

About "2012," couldn't that just be in the name of the compilation on the actual distribution sites? Why does that have to be on the album art? If we ever did another Colours compilation I'm sure the album art would be different. Just a suggestion, I can put 2012 on there if it needs to be, but I'd rather not for the sake of simplicity and removing visual clutter.

Last edited by Seandroid on Mar-26-2012 at 08:06

Old Post Mar-26-2012 07:40  Canada
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

It's fine, its only a cover on poststamp size on most sites

so 2 things:
- make it square
- mkae sure one can still read the text once it small size.

(i do need a 1400 * 1400 for upload though!)

Old Post Mar-26-2012 08:41  Netherlands
Seandroid
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie
It's fine, its only a cover on poststamp size on most sites

so 2 things:
- make it square
- mkae sure one can still read the text once it small size.

(i do need a 1400 * 1400 for upload though!)

It is square and it is 1400/1400 lol I just scaled it for the forum.

Last edited by Seandroid on Mar-26-2012 at 09:07

Old Post Mar-26-2012 08:59  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfrom Axwell's set [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWarrior - "Warrior" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread