Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djexplizet
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CarS
One party that still stands out is Sasha's first time there, must have been Feb or March '13, check that thread.

I remember that night..it was sometime in March '11. I can't forget it because I had to go to my nephew's bris the morning after, ha ha. Memorable set, though.

Old Post Jan-08-2016 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djexplizet Click here to Send djexplizet a Private Message Add djexplizet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by djexplizet
I remember that night..it was sometime in March '11.

that was a great party!!!! Sasha and then Victor Calderone!!

Old Post Jan-08-2016 16:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cr24
In the off chance anyone is interested at all...couple of cool bookings to finish up the Pacha era

January 9th seems interesting to me. I've heard of DJ Pierre and Cevin Fisher before, but I think I was like 10 or 11 when they were big...think it's worth checking them out (musically)?

Liebing and Tenaglia look good, even if Pacha.
B&S is actually a pretty good very old school party, it brings out the crowd that was really dancing in the 70s and early 80s, complete with talkum powder!

Is G&D any good these days?

Old Post Jan-08-2016 23:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djexplizet
I remember that night..it was sometime in March '11. I can't forget it because I had to go to my nephew's bris the morning after, ha ha. Memorable set, though.

I don't know if Sasha played in 2011 at Output but I know he played in February of 2013. That was the show where it was like 0 degrees outside and he played with Three and he was so drunk he couldn't stand up and then had to take a 30 minute "break". He was still really good behind the decks though.

Old Post Jan-09-2016 08:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydave023 Click here to Send crazydave023 a Private Message Add crazydave023 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Liebing and Tenaglia look good, even if Pacha.
B&S is actually a pretty good very old school party, it brings out the crowd that was really dancing in the 70s and early 80s, complete with talkum powder!

Is G&D any good these days?

I saw G&D two years ago and they were solid, although nowhere near as good as their mid 2000's prime. Maybe it's just me being nostalgic but I think their song choices at live shows were better then. I missed the classics set last year but I heard it was a good time.

They recently did a Producers 4 hour Classics set for EOYC on AH.FM and I though it was great.

https://m.soundcloud.com/davedresde...assics-only-set

Old Post Jan-09-2016 08:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydave023 Click here to Send crazydave023 a Private Message Add crazydave023 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydave023
Senior tranceaddict

Thought this would be relevant. Interesting take.

http://theinsidermagazine.com/bid-f...club-nightlife/

Old Post Jan-09-2016 08:21  United States
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

kinda dubious.
this makes it a gen v gen argument.
yet about half the people in this 77-94 range were 20 somethings from 97-07 which was a good decade for clubs. So these people chsnged their behavior, not that they had a different onefrom the prev gen.
and all that tech change?
streaming 10-15 years ago?
lol
plus the datest are off: by the time the very first gen x was legal drinking ago, disco had been dead, along with discotheques.

some truth here though, the money factor: how about the general decline / impoverishment of the middle class in exactly the the mentioned time frame?

but the trend is there, what does that mean. for music?
you cant make money selling it canned anymore (whatever the format), so if the gig now also goes, whats left?

prob too dour an assessment...

Last edited by CarS on Jan-09-2016 at 09:54

Old Post Jan-09-2016 09:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

Might actually hit the Body & Soul anniversary party & get a tshirt while I am at it since I own the 10 year anniversary tshirt already! (LOL people always shout randomly on the streets sometimes "B&S, baby!" when I wear it!
DT event sounds sleazy enough too

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Jan-09-2016 23:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ReenTeenTeen
Might actually hit the Body & Soul anniversary party & get a tshirt while I am at it since I own the 10 year anniversary tshirt already! (LOL people always shout randomly on the streets sometimes "B&S, baby!" when I wear it!
DT event sounds sleazy enough too

if you do go and buy, pm me, would like one too.
cant make that....

DT is in Pachita with ingrosso downstairs, so it's likely that the crowd wont suck, those will all be downstairs....

Old Post Jan-09-2016 23:47  United States
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

quote:
if you do go and buy, pm me, would like one too.
cant make that....

DT is in Pachita with ingrosso downstairs, so it's likely that the crowd wont suck, those will all be downstairs....

If I am going, I'll PM you to get your size and all that jazz. I am on extremely crazy schedule last 4-6 months, worked every weekend of it, billing 60-70+ hour weeks, but I am about to halt for this one!!! THIS IS A BIG ONE FOR ME!

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Jan-10-2016 02:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
maddhatterradio
Supreme tranceaddict

Worst night club experiences of my life were at that rat hole. So glad to see it go. Good riddance to Pacha and any club like it.

Old Post Jan-10-2016 12:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for maddhatterradio Click here to Send maddhatterradio a Private Message Add maddhatterradio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

quote:
Originally posted by maddhatterradio
Worst night club experiences of my life were at that rat hole. So glad to see it go. Good riddance to Pacha and any club like it.

gotta agree.

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
I will ban you
quote:

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Jan-11-2016 14:32 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance-Formation 42 24.3.09 track to ID ! [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPeter Martin pres. Anthanasia - "Perfect Wave" (Original Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread