Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review John "GOD" Digweed
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Flama Blanca
tranceaddict

Review John "GOD" Digweed

Was really happy that we got 4 hours out of Diggers... i knew we were in luck when he went to the bathroom at 4am..

will give a detailed review when i get up..

WOW!!!

Old Post May-13-2012 10:16  Venezuela
Click Here to See the Profile for Flama Blanca Click here to Send Flama Blanca a Private Message Add Flama Blanca to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

My post from the other thread

Ah, twas a good night. Digweed delivered the goods. Hard pounding stuff. Except for few tunes, it felt like I was getting hit with an anvil repeatedly in the face and I loved it. Unlike Tini or tiny or tooty or whatever her name was that was supposedly 'warming up' before Diggers who played one of the most generic and boring tech house set ever. I think she played like an hr of tunes with same bassline.

Anyways, I think this is up there with best Digweed set I've heard. Certainly at least as good as his set at Guv last year. I mean, I actually danced for most of Digweed's set. That's like, unbelievable lol

Tons of TA out for this one. Though apparently people don't recognize me if I have a party hat on. Shouldn't it be the reversed? lol

Thanks Jay, for the comp. Me ruv you rong time.

Random Sketch
-guy in silk bath robe
-guy in wheelchair pretty coked out of his mind doing Stephen Hawking impression
-guy k'd out with jaws dropping and slouched, looking like Neandethal dancing

Digweed played till when??? I thought he was done at 4, so I left. FRACKING FRACK FRACK!

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-13-2012 10:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Digweed played till when??? I thought he was done at 4, so I left. FRACKING FRACK FRACK!

Why wouldn't you stay until you actually see Mark play a track?? FAIL!!!

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-13-2012 10:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Why wouldn't you stay until you actually see Mark play a track?? FAIL!!!
i assumed... and made an ass out of u and me. well, just me in this case but frack

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-13-2012 10:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mortyman
Mr. Morton

That was awweeeeessssoooooommmmmmmeeeee!!!!

Srsly where the fuck did that come from? No more progressive, dreamy John Digweed, He played like a 90% techno set. A couple of times he brought the energy riiiight down, but riiight back up again.... He is a new man. Never ever though I'd hear him play like that. Just awesome!

SOUNDCLOUD - http://soundcloud.com/djmrmorton

Old Post May-13-2012 11:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mortyman Click here to Send Mortyman a Private Message Add Mortyman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingpencil
tranceaddict

Ah...sounds incredible. So upset I had to miss this night. My friend who works security at Guv, had never seen Digweed before texted me at 430 am "This is so sick". Coming from her, that in itself is saying alot.

Old Post May-13-2012 13:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kingpencil Click here to Send kingpencil a Private Message Add kingpencil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

bah...bloody responsibilities

I figured he would tear it up!

Old Post May-13-2012 14:09  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
That was awweeeeessssoooooommmmmmmeeeee!!!!

Srsly where the fuck did that come from? No more progressive, dreamy John Digweed, He played like a 90% techno set. A couple of times he brought the energy riiiight down, but riiight back up again.... He is a new man. Never ever though I'd hear him play like that. Just awesome!

Were we at the same party? I heard plenty of twisted dark prog chugginess.

Old Post May-13-2012 14:19  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Unlike Tini or tiny or tooty or whatever her name was that was supposedly 'warming up' before Diggers who played one of the most generic and boring tech house set ever. I think she played like an hr of tunes with same bassline.

Dude, I couldn't agree more. I actually hung out on the patio for the entirety of her set. Poubelle.

P.S. Thanks Jay also for the comp. Really made my night being able to witness a set like that. Love TA!

Old Post May-13-2012 15:38 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DeleteFromUsers
Supreme tranceaddict

Had a great time. Beast of a set. Left just before 5, very pleased. Lots of room to dance for most of the night. I agree that the opener was a sleeper.

Douchy question: there was a tune around about 3:30 or 4 with, what sounded like, a great guitar melody. Anyone remember? I thought he might be approaching the end of his set with it. I'd love to get the name....

Old Post May-13-2012 16:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DeleteFromUsers Click here to Send DeleteFromUsers a Private Message Add DeleteFromUsers to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
devnull
Supreme tranceaddict

this one was for the books! wicked night

Old Post May-13-2012 16:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for devnull Add devnull to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
polkaudio
Senior tranceaddict

so much for 4am.

Old Post May-13-2012 16:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for polkaudio Click here to Send polkaudio a Private Message Add polkaudio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review John "GOD" Digweed
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCicada - "The Things You Say" (Dirty South Remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread