Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Moongoose
Supreme tranceaddict

We have the same problems with korean cars...see anybody in a Kia or a Chevrolet you better run for the hills or risk death Not saying that they are necessarily bad cars, just the people who drive them are cre generally the sort of people that dont really care about what they drive, how they drive it so they tend to be poor drivers.

Unfortunately, people who drive toyotas (especially estate versions) do have the bad habit of putting "baby on board" stickers on their cars, but thats another class of poor drivers. One that people hate even more than the "i gave up on life so i bought a Kia" crowd.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 09:37  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Moongoose Click here to Send Moongoose a Private Message Add Moongoose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

Kia's and Hyundi's are becoming quite huge here, US manufactured Chevrolet and Dodge just fell over with their throat slashed and bled money out everywhere because no one would buy them. They will buy Korean for the simple reason that they're just as rubbish as the American cars, but much cheaper.
Even our local GMH products are sometimes captive imported and rebadged Korean cars, rather than some of the slightly better vehicles from Europe they can steal and stick a Holden sticker on.
Ford at least still steals stuff from Mazda and sticks a blue oval on it, which is not so bad as new Mazdas are by and large good little cars.

They are trying to sell Chinese and Indian cars here, bit hard to say how that will go, they are dirt cheap (Aussies love dirt cheap) and from what I've seen in China, they are truly dreadful things that date back to the 1980's technologically and made by 6 fingered monkeys that are regularly whipped.
What ends up here is their 'export' quality ones and they are still spectacularly dreadful. All the driving characteristics of a three legged dog, built by next to slave labour prices and with parts they sort of cludge together from patents they stole off other manufacturers in 1980.

That is eclipsed by anything made in India in terms of just how horrifically rotten they make a vehicle of any type, because instead of just borrowing Mitsubishi patents from the 1980's that the Chinese and Koreans do, they're using stuff the British threw away in the 1970's made by such memorably crap manufacturers like Rover and Jaguar... then they give it to Apu, who is the mass assembly equivalent of a someone with ADHD and a lego set.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 10:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lilith Click here to Send Lilith a Private Message Add Lilith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
They are trying to sell Chinese and Indian cars here, bit hard to say how that will go, they are dirt cheap (Aussies love dirt cheap)

Great Wall Seen a few of the 4WDs driving around here. Horrific looking things. Noisy as hell, too.

Don't know the Indian ones. What are they called?

Old Post Jul-21-2010 11:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

Mahindra and Tata.
Think the Mahindra was aimed at the broke-arse tradie/farmer ute segment and Tata was going after the budget small car peon market.

But, you'd be better off buying a 2nd hand Hilux or Civic really for much less and still spend the change bringing it back to as-new condition.
And it would do wild car stuff, like stop when it supposed to and move with wheels turning.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 11:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lilith Click here to Send Lilith a Private Message Add Lilith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moongoose
Supreme tranceaddict

Korean cars are well established over here (in the market since the early 90s except for ssangyong, nobody likes those and we throw stones at people who are daft enough to buy them)

American cars on the other hand never cought on here, the only reason why there are so many Chevy badges driving around here is that they are re badged daewoos. Probably still much better than actual chevys though, especially since European roads are full of what we like to call bends or corners...something that american car makers have never heard off before and are stubbornly unwilling to look up.

The chinese thankfully have not invaded our car market yet, even farther east as far as i know people just cant be bothered to buy chinese, no matter how cheap they are. Though i love to see tons of chinese people at car shows who take millions of pictures of the latest offerings from europe and japan from every possible angle and then a year or two later you see them come out with something that if you squint really hard and get incredibly hammered almost looks like it could be somewhat simalar to an existing euro or jap model

As for the great cooperation between the magnificent indian and english car manufacturing ill just leave you with this.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 11:33  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Moongoose Click here to Send Moongoose a Private Message Add Moongoose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kr00t0n
Archduke of Awesome

quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
Damn that sucks!

It's ok, we bought this yesterday

1.6L Golf MK5 SE FSI, 48k miles on the clock.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 13:06  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kr00t0n Click here to Send kr00t0n a Private Message Visit kr00t0n's homepage! Add kr00t0n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n
It's ok, we bought this yesterday

1.6L Golf MK5 SE FSI, 48k miles on the clock.

Sick! Too bad it isn't the R32!

quote:
American cars on the other hand never cought on here, the only reason why there are so many Chevy badges driving around here is that they are re badged daewoos.

Not for much longer. Chevy is going to be bringing actual Chevy's over soon.

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 15:00  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chris Crossland
Duke Silver

quote:
Originally posted by Schadenfreude
are you planning on joining a frat or something?

Hells yeah! 24 year old undergrad and alcohol supplier!

Old Post Jul-21-2010 16:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Crossland Click here to Send Chris Crossland a Private Message Add Chris Crossland to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Crossland
Hells yeah! 24 year old undergrad and alcohol supplier!

Old Post Jul-21-2010 16:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

I'm only bringing this up because a similar thing happened to me and Jennie. My friend is a BMW salesman, I asked him for some help/tips etc and after our discussion he recommended this to me:

The Hyundai Genesis. I don't give a shit what kind of awards it's won or how great of a purchase it is. At the end of the day it's still a fucking Hyundai and will never, ever, ever be the same level of performance and value as a Volkswagen. Certainly not the Golf TDIs or GTIs.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 18:26  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Yeah wtf, why would I choose a fucking Hyundai over car of the year? Jesus christ.

And then Ben said I should get whatever manual if I planned on doing my own repairs. Lol ffs I'm buying new and can afford to take it to the dealer...I'm not gonna fuck around with my car when I don't even know what I'm doing. As far as I'm concerned, owning any car is a luxury, and I will treat it as such. I'm into cars enough, but not in a "I'm gonna put it up on blocks and do work on it in my front yard" kinda way.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 19:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
leph555
dementia depleted

quote:
Originally posted by bas
I'm only bringing this up because a similar thing happened to me and Jennie. My friend is a BMW salesman, I asked him for some help/tips etc and after our discussion he recommended this to me:

How the fuck is he still working at a BMW dealership

Old Post Jul-21-2010 22:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for leph555 Click here to Send leph555 a Private Message Add leph555 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSasha playlist ID needed [2005] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tiesto - "Sparkles" (Airscape Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread