Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > DEMF 2012!
Pages (47): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
hitokiri
Jugulatin Foos Everywhere

^------ lmao dood you had a strobe light on the plane = awesome

First time at DEMF loved every minute of it, I would give a detailed review but first I'll have to sort everything out before I do the only thing I can say is if you get a chance to go definitely go to Detroit, the amount of $ you spend here at festivals you can spend out there and have a blast.

check out my radio show Harmonic Dissonance every 1st Thursday of the month at 10:00 pm EST on Party103
*** upcoming gigs***
TBD

Old Post May-30-2012 19:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hitokiri Click here to Send hitokiri a Private Message Visit hitokiri's homepage! Add hitokiri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

^what he said!

nice to meet you on saturday btw, hitokiri. met quite a few TAs actually, which was nice. fun seeing chaska and oz everywhere

Old Post May-30-2012 20:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

lol I've been stressing that about ezoo for many times already.

Anyways, not really going to post a review ATM since I'm not 100%, however, I do want to share some EXTREMELY devastating news that I read while waiting for my 6x delayed flight at the airport..pretty much it was an article (forgot the name of the resource) in some local newspaper about DEMF and how it's organizers were considering to purchase two vacant parking lots in order to expand the festival- sounds awesome, I know but wait it gets better. So, they envision this new space to be the home of the new main stage (7000sq)- sick, as if Hart Plaza wasn't huge already! What's the reason that they are expanding? Because they want to bring in the new "mainstreams acts such as: Deadmau5, Skrillex, and Pretty Lights", just to name a few.

Do you know HOW FUCKING DEVASTATING this is?

In unrelated news, I'm in desperate need of sleep and a chiro after an AMAZING time in the dirty D.

Last edited by edubbz on May-31-2012 at 01:59

Old Post May-31-2012 01:53  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz

that would be lame - but also kinda strange. i read a few articles leading up to the festival about why it would stay 'underground', mentioning that guetta was turned down when his people inquired about him performing or something like that.

Old Post May-31-2012 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PoLskA
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Anyways, not really going to post a review ATM since I'm not 100%, however, I do want to share some EXTREMELY devastating news that I read while waiting for my 6x delayed flight at the airport..pretty much it was an article (forgot the name of the resource) in some local newspaper about DEMF and how it's organizers were considering to purchase two vacant parking lots in order to expand the festival- sounds awesome, I know but wait it gets better. So, they envision this new space to be the home of the new main stage (7000sq)- sick, as if Hart Plaza wasn't huge already! What's the reason that they are expanding? Because they want to bring in the new "mainstreams acts such as: Deadmau5, Skrillex, and Pretty Lights", just to name a few.

heres that said article...

http://www.freep.com/article/20120528/ENT04/120528024

and yea, i read that same article just days ago about staying underground and turning away Guetta and Deadmau5 after he got big...
can you say hypocrites?
they wanna cash in like the other festivals... im just worried about prices skyrocketing...

Old Post May-31-2012 03:35  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for PoLskA Click here to Send PoLskA a Private Message Add PoLskA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PoLskA
Supreme tranceaddict

i will need to post a full review...

but i do need to say this... Danny fucking Tenaglia... the legend def lives up to the hype... he blew me away w that monster of a set last nite... I'm very jealous of any1 that has gotten to see Danny for 6+ hrs, cuz the man himself said, at hr 5... "I'm only getting warmed up" ... and the sound system was amazing, Pax did a great job w it and I barely realized I was in a tin can...

Old Post May-31-2012 03:36  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for PoLskA Click here to Send PoLskA a Private Message Add PoLskA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
a.l.d.i.
Supreme tranceaddict

Seems like everyone went to this so i am not even going to write a review. All i have to say though as one of the highlights was to see guy gerber and seth close beatport stage on friday. wow what a set. So many great sets and parties through out the weekend. Hanged out with great people. amazing. Glad i was able to experience it before they go big and the crowed changes!!

Old Post May-31-2012 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for a.l.d.i. Click here to Send a.l.d.i. a Private Message Add a.l.d.i. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme

quote:
Originally posted by a.l.d.i.
All i have to say though as one of the highlights was to see guy gerber and seth close beatport stage on saturday. wow what a set.

I don't know what I was thinking, I went back early on Saturday right before this set. I can't even remember what my reasoning was I think I assumed I was going to make it to Old Miami to see Seth.

It was good to finally meet you Aldi.

Old Post May-31-2012 20:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

All I have to say this was by far one of my the best times in my "clubbing career".

Hands down the best festival/electronic music/afterparty experience I had since I started going out in 2002. Everything from the friendly and laid back staff, to quality DJ's, music and of course friends that were constantly around everywhere I went. Music is only the half of it, friends is the other half to complete the awesomeness. I bounced around a lot from one stage to another and everywhere I went I saw a friendly face. There was no moment of drama for me anywhere. It was all smile all the time.

This experience will be forever embedded in my brain with nothing but positivity.

Old Post May-31-2012 22:05  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
lol I've been stressing that about ezoo for many times already.

In unrelated news, I'm in desperate need of sleep and a chiro after an AMAZING time in the dirty D.

you all sound like me, wah wah wah how it used to be, the good old days, forget this new school main stream, it's ruining my time

DO YOU NEED A TISSUE?

Old Post Jun-01-2012 15:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jmaze
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
All I have to say this was by far one of my the best times in my "clubbing career".

Hands down the best festival/electronic music/afterparty experience I had since I started going out in 2002. Everything from the friendly and laid back staff, to quality DJ's, music and of course friends that were constantly around everywhere I went. Music is only the half of it, friends is the other half to complete the awesomeness. I bounced around a lot from one stage to another and everywhere I went I saw a friendly face. There was no moment of drama for me anywhere. It was all smile all the time.

This experience will be forever embedded in my brain with nothing but positivity.

this x 100... and I've been doing this shit since '96!

Old Post Jun-01-2012 19:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jmaze Click here to Send Jmaze a Private Message Add Jmaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
a.l.d.i.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
I don't know what I was thinking, I went back early on Saturday right before this set. I can't even remember what my reasoning was I think I assumed I was going to make it to Old Miami to see Seth.

It was good to finally meet you Aldi.

yeah i kept saying Friday through out the weekend. I am used to see the first day of a festival always to be on Friday. That setback confused me.

It was great hanging out with you man!!

Old Post Jun-01-2012 20:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for a.l.d.i. Click here to Send a.l.d.i. a Private Message Add a.l.d.i. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > DEMF 2012!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (47): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance song from TV series Madventures2 [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Natus & Sven Wittekind - Bad Heroes [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread