Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Track of the year?
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Dude, I was 4 years old in 1991, I don't know anyone who was listening to techno at that age. And if you're alluding that one night I "realized how cool EDM is" after hitting up an event and popping a pill, you're way off buddy. I was just not really listening to techno until a couple of years ago. I think this stuff is cool. Yea it is made with the same technology that people used in 1991 but I think it has a new kind of energy.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Fucking hell i was 12 in 91...jesus i'm becoming IGK. I wasn't listening to techno in the classic sense then, but did listen to a lot of house. This year's fad is 90's in those genres. The organs, the divaness, and just the general vibe that makes you want to don Hammer pants.Do you know what Hammer pants are Adam?

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You're totally missing the point, on every count. The point is you do listen to music made before you were listening, and that includes a lot of classic records. So saying "I was 4 years old in '91" is no excuse, because you sure as shit know what Voodoo Ray and Energy Flash sound like. It makes no sense to say you're "looking for new surprises" and to simultaneously hype a record as regressive as this one. Make your idea up, man. Either admit you're shamelessly retro, or actually listen to some startling music. And I would very much like you to point out the parts of this track that give it "a new energy".

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

My personal favourite of 2012:

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:45  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

I admit i am shamelessly retro.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
I admit i am shamelessly retro.

And old, bro. Didn't know you were 30+. Still love you tho <3

Old Post Jul-10-2012 01:59  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

I feel 25, 12 at most in the brain.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 02:03 
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

Re: Track of the year?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Um, holy fuckkkk!

That's some good shit, wouldn't go as far as to say this is the track of the year though.

It kinda reminds me of this bomb

Old Post Jul-10-2012 05:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Amduscias Click here to Send Amduscias a Private Message Add Amduscias to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

I am torn between these two , as i can't get neither out of my head.

Dat whistle!

Old Post Jul-10-2012 05:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Amduscias Click here to Send Amduscias a Private Message Add Amduscias to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rawbound
DeepLovin'

I like the simplicity in Sheds productions. They work really well for me and I'm not even sure I've ever heard one of his tracks played out in a club.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 05:38  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for rawbound Click here to Send rawbound a Private Message Add rawbound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Re: Re: Track of the year?

quote:
Originally posted by Amduscias
Um, holy fuckkkk!

fyi you might like the flip better

might as well post these in case you haven't heard them

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 06:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Amduscias
[ Disco Groupie ]

Re: Re: Re: Track of the year?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
fyi you might like the flip better

might as well post these in case you haven't heard them

I'd go berserk if i ever heard that on a good system lol

Did i show you this one already?

Old Post Jul-10-2012 06:39 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Track of the year?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTune from the 1997/1998 Era [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDarren Flynn - "Spirit Of The Space" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread