Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > DJ Expo 2018 is opon us which means new gear is being shown.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Freak
I don't, like I have hated every single formula sound mixer ever.
It has been used about three times....and remains on the rack, along with the DB4. Ricardo generally still uses a 92.....no doubt to be replaced by a 96 imminently like everyone else will.

Model one is not as immediate as, say, a xone 92 - the filters and layout are a little confusing to some. Not that popular...and some features from it have been liberated for the 96.

The mastersounds stuff is interesting - primarily because it is made by Andy Rigby-Jones, and consequently has some elements, er, influenced by a certain V6. I bet it sounds great, but they haven't sent me one, so haven't tried it.

Will have something xone 96 related shortly.....just wait.

{edited as don't want legal trouble)

Mhmmmhm...lucky you bro, here in the states nobody is interested in boutique unless you bring it yourself, however I think there is one small club with an condensa Lucia.

Last edited by SynthNinja on Aug-22-2018 at 18:03

Old Post Aug-22-2018 01:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

NAS ARS 9000 audio company from Japan if I recall correctly, yeah this bad boy is really expensive more than iso noe.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 01:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Thanks for the updates.

If my Evo 5 ever bites the dust (hopefully not) I could see myself going for a Xone 96. Looks awesome.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-22-2018 17:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Here it is guys, if I didn't have the DN78 I would def be getting this monster.

For clarification this the best mixer on the market right now, if someone could correct me its all Analog Signal Path with a sound card on top, no A/D D/A conversion when playing analog vinyl or line in CDJS, but you can use the sound card to bypass the cheap pioneer DACs and use the Allen and Heath ones.

Its like the dn78 best of all worlds, a true hybrid.

Right, When you gonna post a mix on here?

Old Post Aug-22-2018 18:10  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
New analog mixer by boutique artisan company Master Sounds., previous got alot of praise by dj mag and users throughout.

This looks nice but tbh, I'm a little over the boutique mixer brand thing. they sprout up as a great idea but then you start hearing problems and all it takes is for one component to be shoddy and you've got a $2k paperweight as the company goes under because there's no profit in service.

I mean when you have serious companies Ecler, Vestax, Pio go under, how much faith do you want to put in a startup in someones garage.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
ooohhhhh, how could I forget lol, Rann what do you think Richie Hawtin's new mixer, that was at the expo. Lovely Cox as in Carl Cox dumped the NI S8 for this one.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...odel-1-dj-mixer

Iv never mixed with high and low pass filter for sweeping the lows from one to other, I''m afraid thats your only option with the model 1 and old school Radius, no low eq.

hmm db 25 on the back + with 2 power supplies

Thi had good provenance but A&H have just officially bent Ritchie over with the announcement of the 96.

It does everything, and more, in a better layout with better functionality for $1000 less than the model 1.

You'd have to get it on firesale to chose that over the 96 now.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 23:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I don't, like I have hated every single formula sound mixer ever.
It has been used about three times....and remains on the rack, along with the DB4. Ricardo generally still uses a 92.....no doubt to be replaced by a 96 imminently like everyone else will.

Model one is not as immediate as, say, a xone 92 - the filters and layout are a little confusing to some. Not that popular...and some features from it have been liberated for the 96.

The mastersounds stuff is interesting - primarily because it is made by Andy Rigby-Jones, and consequently has some elements, er, influenced by a certain V6. I bet it sounds great, but they haven't sent me one, so haven't tried it.

Will have something xone 96 related shortly.....just wait.

{edited as don't want legal trouble)

Why do you not like formula sound? I used to work with them (supplied components etc) and they seemed legit and have been about since the 80s'.

When I worked for a large club chain in Toronto they had formula sound and the thing was a tank. You could also ride them without getting all Pioneer on you.

The only thing I hated was that they always had long weird faders and a lot of mixers didn't have a xfader.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 23:13 
Freak
Insert witty comment here

RANN...for the love of satan, check your PMs man

Anyway....anyone got any xone 96 questions? Seeing as I am one of the few in the world to have one at the moment, I am in a position to answer anything

I am a little bit in love with this thing.

Last edited by Freak on Aug-28-2018 at 19:26

Old Post Aug-28-2018 19:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
RANN...for the love of satan, check your PMs man

Anyway....anyone got any xone 96 questions? Seeing as I am one of the few in the world to have one at the moment, I am in a position to answer anything

I am a little bit in love with this thing.

What are some of your favorite things about it? How much different is it over the 92 from a practical and sound perspective?

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-28-2018 22:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > DJ Expo 2018 is opon us which means new gear is being shown.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPvD - Arches 2000 Track 7 [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAalto - "Rush" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread