Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chach
muppets

wooohoo! im gonna be in toronto this summer i cant wait!!

Old Post Jan-21-2007 17:50  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for chach Click here to Send chach a Private Message Add chach to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarkAngel

quote:
Originally posted by chach

Lucky motherfucker

Old Post Jan-21-2007 20:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkAngel Click here to Send DarkAngel a Private Message Visit DarkAngel's homepage! Add DarkAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chach
muppets

quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
Lucky motherfucker

hell mofoin yes!! you should come

going to ny first and heading to toronto on a train !

Old Post Jan-21-2007 23:35  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for chach Click here to Send chach a Private Message Add chach to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarkAngel

quote:
hell mofoin yes!! you should come

going to ny first and heading to toronto on a train !

Hopefully I can get my shit straightened out and maybe it'll happen...I need to party with my TOTA peeps again!

Old Post Jan-21-2007 23:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkAngel Click here to Send DarkAngel a Private Message Visit DarkAngel's homepage! Add DarkAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miketg23
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

There are so many things that i don't miss about Toronto, my true home, since I headed west over a year ago, but PARTIES were in no way one of them. The vibe, and variety are just completely untouched anywhere in canada. Montreal, you are great, but just not the same. Enjoy our beautiful city! The greatest Metropolis in North America!!!!!

Old Post Jan-27-2007 12:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for miketg23 Click here to Send miketg23 a Private Message Add miketg23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nostrum
Sir Trancalot

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by marcusus
I agree. I found Toronto too easy to get around on public transport. Just a matter of checking out the TTC site and figuring out what bus goes from what subway stop to get you to what street.

Only time I had a problem getting anywhere was when it was like 5am, and the only public transport running was the blue night route's that're limited, which is fair enough.

The fact that the subway doesn't even run after all the clubs let out is silly. Or all night for that matter. Toronto being the 4th biggest city in North America should have 24hr subway I think. In some ways you're 'almost' forcing some people to drink and drive. Say some clubber visits T.O. and gets a hotel out in Scarborough.

Old Post Feb-01-2007 23:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nostrum Click here to Send Nostrum a Private Message Add Nostrum to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by Nostrum
The fact that the subway doesn't even run after all the clubs let out is silly. Or all night for that matter. Toronto being the 4th biggest city in North America should have 24hr subway I think. In some ways you're 'almost' forcing some people to drink and drive. Say some clubber visits T.O. and gets a hotel out in Scarborough.

I guess it comes down to mentality. Here in Sydney the trains stop probably around midnight, and buses are terrible past then. It's I think an hour between buses, so it makes life a bit rough for me here.

Whereas in TO, it never seemed to be too much effort to get back to North York (except that time I fell asleep on the Yonge st bus and ended up at Finch).

Old Post Feb-02-2007 13:05  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

I plan to live and work in Canada for at least 6-12 months.

What's the cost of living like in places like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal? I'm in the IT industry (project mgmt) so ideally I'd like to move somewhere with lots of job opportunities.

Also, what's the weather like around November through to Feb?

Anything I need to know, any govt requirements I need to satisfy? I'll have to learn how to drive on the other side of the road

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Mar-21-2007 11:43  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK

What's the cost of living like in places like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal? I'm in the IT industry (project mgmt) so ideally I'd like to move somewhere with lots of job opportunities.

Anything I need to know, any govt requirements I need to satisfy? I'll have to learn how to drive on the other side of the road

Toronto has one of the highest costs of living in Canada. Vancouver is comparable, but I don't think it's as high. Montreal I believe the lowest of the 3.

As far as job opportunities go, within the IT sector you're probably looking at either Toronto or Vancouver for that in terms of Project Management.

The weather around November through February is horrid, at least in Toronto and Montreal especially around January-February (average -20 to -10 C). Vancouver is more temperate throughout the year as is most of the Pacific Northwest region. If you enjoy winter sports, and want to avoid frigid subzero degree weather, then Vancouver's your best bet.

As far as government requirements go, it might be a good idea to check with the Canadian Consulate in Sydney. Although I don't imagine it would be very difficult securing a visa to work here given the number of Australian expatriates already working here. Foreign affairs between Commonwealth countries seem to be quite streamlined I find.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/world/...ies/menu-en.asp

btw. bring me some sand from a beach in Sydney pls. I'll trade for some snow.

Old Post Mar-21-2007 23:36  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
marcusus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK

Zomg sif not come to the source for information about Canada...

Then again, Des seemed to have covered the majority of it.

Requirements wise, if you're just going for the working holiday visa, you'll be set. As usual, there's the "you need $3000 in your account before we let you in" but they don't even check.

Driving on the other side of the road is easy. I quite liked driving in Toronto. They're allowed to turn right on red at any time unless otherwise specified, which is hella convenient. You just need a little bit of extra concentration to remember which side of the road you're driving on for the first week or two, then it becomes second nature. I've done some crash hot parallel parks (crash was use metaphorically) in Toronto.

Weather wise Nov to Feb is obviously winter. I personally quite like it, but others disagree. That's just personal opinion though. Still, if you haven't experienced a northern winter, be prepared for -20 days, with wind chill on top. Although whilst I was in British Columbia, I was walking around in -10 weather with jeans, a t shirt and a jacket on (plus gloves and thick socks) and was fine.

If you go to an agency, they'll give you a job pretty quick smart. If you want to go for a company, you might be waiting for a while. The problem with going direct to a company is that because you're only going to be there for 12 months at the very most, it's quite hard to be employable. By the time they've spent a month training you, you might decide to sod off to some other part of the country, so it's not worth their while.

If you work doing shit kicker work, expect shit pay compared to us here. They get minimum wage = about $8 an hour plus tips. That's dirt, considering for guys like us, minimum wage in Aus is at least $20 or so. However, having not worked in IT, and basically thinking it was pointless for me to try, I don't know what the wage is for that.

Taking money out of your Australian account over there costs somewhere around $5 per transaction, so take out like $500 at a time. I forget exactly what the credit card surcharge was, but I didn't find it overly exorbitant. Although if you rack up a lot on it, then it'll add up.

Old Post Mar-22-2007 10:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for marcusus Click here to Send marcusus a Private Message Add marcusus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

hey bitches

i need a good time to visit ya'll when KH is open.

So prb another Ultra Spin for me?? I wanna drag the bf along. What other parties [NO LOL] do u guys suggest and when!???!

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Apr-10-2007 06:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
hey bitches

i need a good time to visit ya'll when KH is open.

So prb another Ultra Spin for me?? I wanna drag the bf along. What other parties [NO LOL] do u guys suggest and when!???!

When are you looking? Summer? Fall?

Freedom is next month. Doesn't look like much of trance act. Ultra Spins you'll have to see. In Fall, other than LoL, Guv Anniversary party is pretty good.

Just come to LoL. TOTA End of Summer BBQ FTW! (Plus LoL the next day)

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Apr-10-2007 06:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother one from the dusty records [2012] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArt of Trance - Mongoose (Tektonik Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread