Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Frenkieee
mighty real

quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
Ah lol yeah.

Well, how about just the standard Golf TDI?

Golf TDI does come in BlueMotion (though that only makes it 20%, not 14%) and it's only a reasonable amount over budget, but that's just the version without any accessories. With some extras, it's becoming a little too expensive for my liking.

Also the more reasonably priced of those are all with a manual gear, and I'm preferring an automatic one.

Old Post Jul-16-2010 18:22  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Frenkieee Click here to Send Frenkieee a Private Message Add Frenkieee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee
Golf TDI does come in BlueMotion (though that only makes it 20%, not 14%) and it's only a reasonable amount over budget, but that's just the version without any accessories. With some extras, it's becoming a little too expensive for my liking.

Also the more reasonably priced of those are all with a manual gear, and I'm preferring an automatic one.

Ah okay, makes sense. What about a Mini D?

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jul-16-2010 18:26  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee
I know what it stands for, I'm not retarded I just haven't felt the difference. Only in video games

I don't know whether the GTD is environmentally friendly, but also the catalog price is way too high for at this point.

I tend to prefer Front over Rear when driving in heavy city traffic. You can give it as much gas as you want in a turn, where as a rear drive either loses the back end or the safety controls kick in. When there's a tonne of roundabouts, it gets mighty frustrating.
Sure, there's more power in rear wheel but that's more applicable to driving out in the wide open country roads.

I'm currently driving AWD but haven't had it long enough to say how it compares to the others, though I'm sure it's probably the best of both worlds. The stability on the Subaru Forester is insane. I think I could go around a hairpin bend full of ice and I wouldn't lose control.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:32  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
I'm currently driving AWD but haven't had it long enough to say how it compares to the others, though I'm sure it's probably the best of both worlds. The stability on the Subaru Forester is insane. I think I could go around a hairpin bend full of ice and I wouldn't lose control.

quote:
Originally posted by Future Fledz
Oh man, I love 4WDs so much! Next stop, Toyota Landcruiser!

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

You're such a bogan.

Next stop is an Audi or Merc as a company car, though I'd prefer the Audi (shut it, you Slovenian...)

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:42  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
You're such a bogan.

Next stop is an Audi or Merc as a company car, though I'd prefer the Audi (shut it, you Slovenian...)

You know I'm just making fun

Definitely go Audi though, if you have the choice.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:48  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

Haha I know, but it does cut me deep that I'm driving a semi-4WD around the city

Then again, it's actually a pretty sweet car and a decent size. Nowhere near the ridiculous size of a proper 4WD.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:52  Croatia
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
I tend to prefer Front over Rear when driving in heavy city traffic. You can give it as much gas as you want in a turn, where as a rear drive either loses the back end or the safety controls kick in. When there's a tonne of roundabouts, it gets mighty frustrating.
Sure, there's more power in rear wheel but that's more applicable to driving out in the wide open country roads.

The fact that you prefer FWD in turns obviously shows to your ability to control a vehicle. The way that RWD propels a car out of a corner, creates the ability to dig in and get out of the corner faster, turn-in is better, and you can use your speed, braking and engine braking to get around a turn much better. RWD is only bested by AWD in that regard.

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 07:58  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
The fact that you prefer FWD in turns obviously shows to your ability to control a vehicle. The way that RWD propels a car out of a corner, creates the ability to dig in and get out of the corner faster, turn-in is better, and you can use your speed, braking and engine braking to get around a turn much better. RWD is only bested by AWD in that regard.

I love how presumptuous and arrogant you always come across.
I drive every single fucking day for a living.

It's not about control or driving ability, you can't go half way into a turn and then accelerate fast when there's a fucking traffic jam 4 metres in front.
I'm not racing cars here, I'm driving them in city traffic. Either learn to read or don't even bother writing replies.

EDIT - Great, now that I'm sufficiently annoyed by yet another Yank and their idiotism, I've got enough motivation to get out to the gym. Thanks Ben!

Last edited by Fledz on Jul-17-2010 at 08:09

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:03  Croatia
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
I love how presumptuous and arrogant you always come across.
I drive every single fucking day for a living.

It's not about control or driving ability, you can't go half way into a turn and then accelerate fast when there's a fucking traffic jam 4 metres in front.
I'm not racing cars here, I'm driving them in city traffic. Either learn to read or don't even bother writing replies.

lol it doesn't matter whether you are racing or not. Rear wheel will always be better for turns over front wheel. It is just the physics of it all.

I drive every day too. How is that any different than driving 10km vs 1000km. It is pretty presumptuous to assume that the amount of driving all of a sudden qualifies you more. There are old farts that have driven for 50 years that drive worse than people driving 6 months.

edit//lulz at your edit.

quote:
Originally posted by bas

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:08  Russia
Fledz
Banned

We're not talking about what's better, we're talking about preference.
With traction control these days, it really doesn't make any difference anyway.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:10  Croatia
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
We're not talking about what's better, we're talking about preference.
With traction control these days, it really doesn't make any difference anyway.

My apologies I read your post wrong initially. You are correct that it ultimately is about preference.

Traction control has gotten wildly awesome as of late. It isn't so intrusive, it is more tactile in the way it engages, and it works very well.

see! I am not as arrogant as you think!...although yes I can be quite arrogant at times, but I can admit that I am wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by bas

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:17  Russia

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid2 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackY aka DJ overdog - "The Ultimate" ( Y.O.M.C Mix ) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread