Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Laurent Garnier - Sónar Festival Closing Set, 16.06.13
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Oh yea, I definitely noticed that, his mixing and flow are masterful, which is even harder to do when playing a lot of older tracks. Also you gotta respect the fact that he still plays really good music, unlike others that have been doing it for as long as he has but have opted for an easier path. Mixing this stuff sure isn't the same as mixing tech house.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 20:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

I really need to stop reading about festivals, events, and parties in far-away cities I have no capability to visit. Let's see how bitter and cynical I can become online.

Oh well, I always have the promotional landscape of electronic music in Atlanta. *vomits*

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Maybe you should just move. You honestly seem like you'd be better off somewhere else.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Or something.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Oh well, I always have the promotional landscape of electronic music in Atlanta. *vomits*

Fuck this city.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

I mean there's some decent stuff, and I've met some good people, but as far as I can tell the scene here is such a crock. I don't even feel like going out to participate in it, and that's something I've wanted to do for years now.

Maybe I'm just lame as fuck. I'd rather stay home and play Borderlands 2 while listening to mixes I got offline. Fuck the world.

Wanna start our own night, Jake? Do you KNOW ANYONE?

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:19 
enydo
~

I have MONEY.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:20 
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by Lews

*fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap*

quote:
I mean there's some decent stuff, and I've met some good people, but as far as I can tell the scene here is such a crock. I don't even feel like going out to participate in it, and that's something I've wanted to do for years now.

There are two promoters doing good things in Atlanta, imo. You've got Kai Alce throwing Distinctive every month - he usually books himself and a random friend, and two or three times a year brings out an old-school pal of his (like Moodymann next month). Then you've got Wiggle Factor, but their shows are unfortunately few and far between.

Cardio brings out some good artists on occasion, but they are trying way too hard to be the "Culprit of the East Coast" and put too much of an emphasis on using drugs just to be trendy. I may like some of the artists they bring, but the vibe at their parties is just shit, imo.

quote:
Wanna start our own night, Jake? Do you KNOW ANYONE?

Steph and I are talking about moving within the next year or two, but this is something that I have been seriously considering more and more lately. I have some ideas in mind, I'm just waiting for the funds.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
I have MONEY.

Oh, then go book your Decibel stuff.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:28 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

You guys should move to Seattle and we should all start a night

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Listening now. Is this the full set or just a part? In honor of the first track I'll post this awesome version of Blackwater. Heard it a few years ago, forgot about it and recently heard it again in a Red Rack'Em mix.

Old Post Jul-31-2013 21:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Laurent Garnier - Sónar Festival Closing Set, 16.06.13
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackgreat minimal techno tune from Mayday 2002 **ID please** [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTone Depth & Soul Tan feat Stephanie Vezina - Broken (G-Pal Safe Haven mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread