Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > A Matt hatter thread
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

A Matt hatter thread

This place isn't quite the same without Matt's threads so I'll try my hand at one.

What is the worst vocal classic prog track ever? Or, perhaps, what is the worst vocal contribution to an otherwise decent prog track? What gives the cringe?

I excluded trance because where do you start.

This might well have been my favourite Swain & Snell track if it wasn't for the singing na na na na na na wrrrrrake up

Old Post Apr-20-2022 07:59  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Old Post Apr-20-2022 10:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Lews

Damn, beat me to it.

(~)

Old Post Apr-20-2022 11:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Apr-20-2022 11:32  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

hahaha
without the vocals: sick 4am track people will be burning
with the vocals: teletubies music my parents would be embarrassed seeing me hearing it

Old Post Apr-20-2022 13:10  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Not sure how much this counts. Decent song ruined by a chopped up sample of a toddler talking.

Not sure if this counts either but I just can't get over the mangasm in this one...

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-21-2022 23:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

In all complete honesty, I never minded the vocal mix of Perception, because I always thought the original was just an Xpander knock-off. Go ahead and ruin it, record label execs. See if I care!

I'm going to have to nominate this one, if only because the vocal, which is the sonic equivalent of being waterboarded with treacle, mars not only a variety of very decent remixes (Sasha, PVD, Mood II Swing, BT's own Blue Memory dub) but also a whole load of otherwise classic sets from the 97-98 era:

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-24-2022 22:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

I grew up on the vocal mix, but to each his own.

There was a prog track with a male vocalist on it from 2002 but I'm not sure if it's uploaded to youtube

Old Post May-04-2022 20:47  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

What are the lyrics?

Old Post May-05-2022 07:22  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
What are the lyrics?

Not 100% correct but:

Simple plan I speak my mind
Fragile actions left behind
Captured now your final hour
Revealed the light beyond the tower

Never take my, never take my, never take my future (x4)

Project 2, overdue
Say it's all or nothing
Buy your time, then decline
This is now your future

Nothings left I am complete
No more games, no more deceit
This is it, the race is won
Forever now life on the run

Project 2, I have you
Nowhere left to hide now
Taste the pain, nothing gained
Never take my future

Old Post May-05-2022 19:13  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > A Matt hatter thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack #15 Markus Schulz - Global DJ Broadcast 09-22-05 [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirheadz - Stanley (here i am) [warp brothers mix] [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread