Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What are you using for your Drums?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SynthNinja
Suspended User

What are you using for your Drums?

A sampler? Drumsynth? Drumachine + Sampler? Drag & Drop in DAW arrangement sample?

After trying out Nerve from XFer I see that its sound engine is unique and gave me the feel of switching drums and using different ones from my favorites using the internal sequencer. No this sin't placebo so dont come with me with that crap, each software has its own DSP code and behaves differently I'm sure you already know.

Since I dont have 200$ laying around or half of that for used on KVR, I'm sticking with a bought version of Audio Realism ADM Drum Machine sampler, its algorithm is different than logic ultra beat which sounds stale with out sampler color that Nerve & ADM bring.

Anyway what are you using for your drums? Battery? Kontakt?

Old Post Oct-01-2018 15:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Loops and one-shots, sequenced in the cubase grid. It's terrible but fast.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 15:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

I use to do that, damn right its fast especially in logic since I work in 96 Khz everything gets converted in a flick of snap from my what would be your pool window, in logic its called media window.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 15:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Connector
We are connected!

I got the moog dfam for all my drumsounds. Really fun synth to work with!

Soundcloud!

Music by me

Old Post Oct-01-2018 19:47  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Connector Click here to Send Connector a Private Message Visit Connector's homepage! Add Connector to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken

on my last "album" i used nothing but this, 8x8 of them.

Oi! I forgot about that one, I still have reason essentials, this will be intardasting.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 20:22  United States
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Battery 4

Old Post Oct-01-2018 21:06  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Slapsself...Reason essentials ain't compatible with latest version of High Sierra, figure its ok to update OS with smaller updates but that is also wrong, shite

Old Post Oct-01-2018 21:20  United States
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Sinewave with some native ableton filters,envelope and Osc tweaks. Really all I do now.

Old Post Oct-02-2018 03:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Winning combo

Old Post Oct-02-2018 10:35  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Splice as a sample source, and drum rack or sampler(they are the same thing to a degree tho), processing via whatever, but usually Ableton stock things.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Oct-02-2018 15:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Winning combo

Are you on Ableton already?

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Oct-02-2018 17:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Just cant use those drum machines, have tried a few different ones but always end up going back to samples

Old Post Oct-02-2018 21:21  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What are you using for your Drums?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp !! disco house song to ID, nice groove and big moove... just perfect [2013] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGroove Man - No Limit [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread