Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Kuhis
Senior tranceaddict

New AOT is out:

Old Post Feb-23-2016 05:15  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kuhis Click here to Send Kuhis a Private Message Add Kuhis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kuhis
Senior tranceaddict

I listened through all of these once and none of these hit me. The Original and Monojoke Remix has some Underworldish vibes in them but they seem very uninteresting overall.

Old Post Feb-23-2016 05:29  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kuhis Click here to Send Kuhis a Private Message Add Kuhis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

hmmm. yes, more than an underworld rez vibe to it. not feeling it either. would have been much better without that rez sound altogether, have the bassline that is emphasised at the end driving the track and using another hook. this one here is plain annoying.

good to see they are still releasing though, not everyone is a hit for me, but when it is...

still addicted to moroccan roll and before the storm wasn't half bad.

Old Post Feb-23-2016 21:24  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

well, I really liked the original mix. Specially after the breakdown... sublime I would say.

Old Post Feb-24-2016 11:37  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kuhis
Senior tranceaddict

I don't think it's terrible my any means I just feel like the Original could be a little bit more interesting, it's quite bland.

What does everybody think about the other mixes then?

Old Post Feb-25-2016 04:55  Finland
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

99 times out of 100, remixes of platipus originals suck ass. it's like fitting aftermarket mods to a ferrari.

didn't even listen to them.

Last edited by rubez on Feb-25-2016 at 15:25

Old Post Feb-25-2016 15:17  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

Original sounds way to mellow as all his other stuff in recent years, airwave remix is nice but sounds kinda empty, something is missing.

Old Post Feb-25-2016 15:30  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Kuhis
I don't think it's terrible my any means I just feel like the Original could be a little bit more interesting, it's quite bland.

What does everybody think about the other mixes then?

the remixes are really soulless, fuck. The two gai barone remixes even more...

Old Post Feb-25-2016 16:10  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

You think? I actually quite like Barone's 'Dodecahedron Mix.' The Airwave and Monojoke versions are also nice . Nothing completely outstanding, but not bad - I'm sure they'd go down nicely on a big system in a packed room.

Old Post Feb-27-2016 15:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

Heard it again after your post. Maybe "soulless" isn't the right word, but personally I think that the remixes don't make justice to the original.

Old Post Feb-27-2016 15:18  Brazil
MSZ
godspeed

Monojoke remix sounds pretty good here.

Old Post Feb-27-2016 19:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
n0bben
-

Airwave Remix and Gai Barone's Cuboid Mix for me.
Overall a pretty decent pack. Nothing mindblowing as stated but still quite nice.

Old Post Feb-27-2016 22:30  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for n0bben Click here to Send n0bben a Private Message Add n0bben to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback"Please Do Not Panic" - Trance ID [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNovalis - "The Therapy" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread