Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DOOMBOT
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Nov-08-2009 16:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for DOOMBOT Click here to Send DOOMBOT a Private Message Add DOOMBOT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
squirrelly
The Phun Nun

WTF Renz.

No thread for the fight night tomorrow?!

Couture vs Vera - I don't know! Couture is still in fantastic shape but Vera is very skilled... my bf thinks Vera is going to win.

I DO hope that Bisping gets his ass kicked. I just don't like the guy.

Old Post Nov-13-2009 19:31  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for squirrelly Click here to Send squirrelly a Private Message Add squirrelly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xtr3m
Supreme tranceaddict

I really hope Couture doesn't get his head chopped off tomorrow. If he beats Vera; oh my...

Denis Kang should do a good job representing Vancouver.

Old Post Nov-13-2009 19:47  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for xtr3m Click here to Send xtr3m a Private Message Visit xtr3m's homepage! Add xtr3m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

i love randy, but the fact that they keep bringing in a 46 year old fighter that has seen better days shows huge holes in the ufc roster.

the cards have been pretty awful as of late (in my eyes), and there is only so much longer that they can keep recycling talent that are built up to be better than they really are.

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Nov-13-2009 19:58  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amp3
tranceaddict

I'm going for Randy, first time at 205 in three years. Vera will have a good first round, but Randy's game plan will come through and give him rounds 2 and 3 on his way to a UD.
Also looking forward to Swift vs. Hardy and hoping Bisping gets beheaded again.

Old Post Nov-13-2009 22:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for amp3 Click here to Send amp3 a Private Message Add amp3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

I like Randy fighting at light heavyweight. It should be a terrific fight.

Old Post Nov-14-2009 01:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

Dennis Siver wrecked Paul Kelly with a brutal spinning back kick to the liver. They've got to find a way to get this on the broadcast tonight.

Old Post Nov-14-2009 19:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.

So.... Brock Lesnar's career potentially over?

quote:
UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is suffering with something related to an intestinal disorder and will probably require "major surgery," UFC president Dana White said in a report Monday on TMZ.

Lesnar, who twice pushed a fight back recently due to a bout with mononucleosis, is facing a far more significant illness that is potentially career-threatening.

"I can't really talk about it right now, but he is in rough shape. He's in really bad shape," White said Saturday. "I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

"There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again," White told TMZ.

White plans to have Lesnar transferred to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. for further diagnosis and treatment.

During the UFC 105 post-fight press conference, White declined to specify Lesnar's illness to respect the star's privacy, but did state that Lesnar neither has cancer nor AIDS.

Lesnar was scheduled to defend his belt against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 but the fight was postponed when Lesnar came down with mono. Both fighters received bout agreements for UFC 108 on Jan. 2, but that was postponed indefinitely earlier this month when Lesnar remained unfit to train.

what do you MMA heads out there think?

Old Post Nov-16-2009 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ownymcown
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by The17sss
So.... Brock Lesnar's career potentially over?

what do you MMA heads out there think?

Just by looking at this article, the fact that this information is coming from Dana White is suspect in and of itself. He is in it to make money and expand his business, period. Maybe Lesnar took some roids and won't be cleared in time to be tested. Maybe they are inventing this "illness". Who knows. Until Brock comes out himself and says exactly what is going on I'll be very skeptical.

Old Post Nov-16-2009 23:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ownymcown Click here to Send ownymcown a Private Message Add ownymcown to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

It's a bacterial infection. He'll be out of the hospital soon.

Old Post Nov-17-2009 21:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Nov-27-2009 17:29  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete K
Chasing the sun

It was just a matter of time.

quote:
Quinton Jackson: I'm returning to the UFC

uinton Jackson is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship – to shut up Rashad Evans and UFC president Dana White.

In a post on his official Web site apparently penned by the fighter, Jackson stated he's returning to the organization to finish out his UFC contract, though he gave no timetable for his potential return.

In a September entry on the same Web site, Jackson stated he was "done fighting" and finished with the UFC.

While discussing the decision-making in the earlier post, Jackson outlined a series of events that began with his signing with the UFC, carried on until his recent decision to play B.A. Baracus in a feature version of "The A-Team," and ended with a decision to walk away from MMA.

Jackson recently coached opposite Evans on the 10th season of "The Ultimate Fighter." Team Rashad advanced seven of eight fighters past the first round, and both finalists came from his team. Evans came across as the mature, team-driven coach while Jackson was often portrayed is immature and aloof.

"I've noticed that the UFC and 'TUF' have some fans brainwashed or something," Jackson wrote. "They still haven't realized yet that the TV show is just a TV show. I did my job by entertaining people, and if you ever paid any attention to me, that's what I'm known for doing."

White made no secret of his disdain over Jackson's decision to take "The A-Team" gig and hold up what was supposed to be a post-"TUF" coach vs. coach fight with Evans at UFC 107. The event, which now features a headliner of lightweight champion B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, was booked in Jackson's hometown of Memphis, Tenn., and takes place next week without Jackson.

"I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC [to] finish my contract – not because the haters are talking [expletive] about me being scared of Rashad ... or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans and to shut Rashad's mouth up and shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies, and I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape."

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported last month, White predicted such a return.

"I'm sure we will," White said bluntly when asked if he expected to see Jackson back in the octagon. "Rampage is under contract with us, and this is where he makes his money."

Jackson (30-7 MMA, 5-1 UFC), a former UFC light heavyweight champion, won his belt from Chuck Liddell but eventually lost it to Forrest Griffin. Among much fanfare, the PRIDE veteran joined the UFC in 2007.

Old Post Dec-05-2009 14:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPrince - Controversy (What MIX???) [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBjoern Small - In A State Of (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread